Greg Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
The Flames drafted this guy in the later rounds but I see he played on the US junior team. Is he any good? Will he become anything? I see he is very big as well and ranked a above average skater. Any news on him or anyone know anything of him?

thanks

RMAC

Jan 28, 2004
Patrick-
Greg Moore is a legitimate prospect to play for the Flames. He plays for the #4 ranked college team in the U.S. (University of Maine). Through 19 games he has 9G,7A-16pts. He is a true sophomore(19 years old) which is unusual at a division 1 level these days. Greg went through the U.S. development program and has all the skills to play in the NHL.All of us from Maine are hoping to see him on the Flames soon!

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Thanks for the info! By his size and skating he should be the hopefully 2nd RW big presence we are lacking right now. Be nice to have a RW to help in scoring besides Iginla.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Patrick - Flames said:
Thanks for the info! By his size and skating he should be the hopefully 2nd RW big presence we are lacking right now. Be nice to have a RW to help in scoring besides Iginla.

No doubt. But Kobasew will have secured the 2nd line RW in all likelihood before Moore has even cracked the NHL.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Flames Draft Watcher said:
No doubt. But Kobasew will have secured the 2nd line RW in all likelihood before Moore has even cracked the NHL.

Kobasew hasn't shown much in the last 2 seasons. His game just isn't there. Partly he is not ready. And also he has no one to push him (competition) for his spot.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Patrick - Flames said:
Kobasew hasn't shown much in the last 2 seasons. His game just isn't there. Partly he is not ready. And also he has no one to push him (competition) for his spot.
no Kobasew hasn't fully arrived yet, but he'll always be 2 years ahead of Moore in the developmental arc...so when Moore is here in 2-3 years Kobasew will be more established

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
looooob said:
no Kobasew hasn't fully arrived yet, but he'll always be 2 years ahead of Moore in the developmental arc...so when Moore is here in 2-3 years Kobasew will be more established

Quite possibly or he could follow the Fata and Kzack (bad spelling) route.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Patrick - Flames said:
of course. that's possible for any prospect. but Kobasew has already shown much more than those guys at the same stage IMO

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Patrick - Flames said:

The only way he's following the route of Tkaczuk is if he gets a concussion and then is never the same.

Not sure what your point on Fata is, he's an NHLer right? Are you intimating he's a bust despite being one the Penguins leader scorers?

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Flames Draft Watcher said:
The only way he's following the route of Tkaczuk is if he gets a concussion and then is never the same.

Not sure what your point on Fata is, he's an NHLer right? Are you intimating he's a bust despite being one the Penguins leader scorers?

No, I am using Fata in the fact that he was a bust in 3 seasons with the Flames and zero goals. For being a 1st round pick he didn't show much promise in those first 3 years.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I am a Flames season ticket holder...and I hope that doesn't bias me too much...I think Turek Sucks, Conroy's overatted, Saprykin has been showing some signs but may never get it together as they hoped he would...but Kobasew I have little doubts about.

His offensive instincts remind me of Brett Hull and I am not the first to make that comparison. He isn't that big but he's getting more steady, more stocky and he plays big...and his offensive instincts are already there his body is just a little behind

Bera in mind he plays about 7 -9 mins most nights and plays on a line with Oliwa and whatever other bum isn't scratched that night....

Kobasew is a great young player that will be a Top 6 forward in the NHL.....but he won't be there for 2 to 3 more years...be patient...but don't be concerned

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Qubax said:
I am a Flames season ticket holder...and I hope that doesn't bias me too much...I think Turek Sucks, Conroy's overatted, Saprykin has been showing some signs but may never get it together as they hoped he would...but Kobasew I have little doubts about.

His offensive instincts remind me of Brett Hull and I am not the first to make that comparison. He isn't that big but he's getting more steady, more stocky and he plays big...and his offensive instincts are already there his body is just a little behind

Bera in mind he plays about 7 -9 mins most nights and plays on a line with Oliwa and whatever other bum isn't scratched that night....

Kobasew is a great young player that will be a Top 6 forward in the NHL.....but he won't be there for 2 to 3 more years...be patient...but don't be concerned

It's his consistancy that puzzles me right now. He is getting more ice time with the 2nd line and even first the other night when Deano went down BUT his game is far from being a 60 minute game. I would just like to see some offense from him as we really lack a solid #2 RW. Donovan is getting goals but he is a third liner at best.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yeah Kobasew has gotten a I think maybe one or two chances on a higher line..it really is few and far between...Infact I've never seen it and I see all the home games and most televised road games...

I would like to see Kobasew getting a chance with a better line consistently and better players...and I think he'll get there......

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
He'll get the time when he puts in the 60 minute effort. I think Sutter is judging him good right now and trying to use the other assets that are playing better right now more. I really hope Kobasew can be a 20 goal man soon as it would really help out alot.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yeah an increased offensive game from Kobasew would be a big help....

I think that Kobasew has lacked some consistency in the past...even this year...I also think that there's only so much he can accomplish at this stage of his career, consistent or not..
You also see Kobasew fighting, scrapping, getting chippy doing what he can to stay in the lineup...

and I mean he's playing this way on the 4th line...which is an understandable 4th line thing to do...

I think Chuck's consistency is more there now then ever..but I mean in 8 minutes a game it's probably hard to see....

I can hardly wait to he's a bonafide Top 6 forward...which I have little doubt he will be

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Patrick - Flames said:
No, I am using Fata in the fact that he was a bust in 3 seasons with the Flames and zero goals. For being a 1st round pick he didn't show much promise in those first 3 years.

And that can be directly attributed to Coates and Sutter's mishandling of him. He shouldn't have been in the NHL at age 18, he should have been in junior. And then he probably should have spent the next two full season in the AHL.

Kind of hard to impress when you're clearly not ready for the NHL. Patience is what we needed for him and since he was played in the NHL at age 18 that reduced his waiver eligibility by a couple years and meant that by the time he was eligible for waivers he still wasn't a bonafide NHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->