Greetings from the newest Islanders fan

DOCHockeyGuy

Jan 8, 2019
Wisconsin
Hi all,

I come to you as the newest fan of your team. I'm not coming as just someone who is willing to like the Islanders and casually follow along, I am coming as someone who has been that way in the past but is now making the decision to throw my full support behind this team. I am a very avid and knowledgeable hockey fan who just hasn't happened to have a "favorite" team over time. I live in Western Wisconsin and I find myself watching Islanders games more than any other team. I can't tell you exactly what drew me in, but here I am. Though I consider myself one that knows a lot about the NHL, the players in it and the stories in it, I will be educating myself more and more on the intricacies of this team that I might not already know. Usually fanhood happens organically, and I think that has happened to an extent with me but I am also going to water this fanhood to make sure it can grow. I know previous years haven't been the most kind to NYI, and I want to get fully on board now so I can enjoy the inevitable takeoff under solid leadership.

Any things about the Islanders that I should know from the get-go that someone who hasn't lived and died with the team for years would want me to know?

Can't wait to converse with you all.

Go Isles.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Hi all,

I come to you as the newest fan of your team. I'm not coming as just someone who is willing to like the Islanders and casually follow along, I am coming as someone who has been that way in the past but is now making the decision to throw my full support behind this team. I am a very avid and knowledgeable hockey fan who just hasn't happened to have a "favorite" team over time. I live in Western Wisconsin and I find myself watching Islanders games more than any other team. I can't tell you exactly what drew me in, but here I am. Though I consider myself one that knows a lot about the NHL, the players in it and the stories in it, I will be educating myself more and more on the intricacies of this team that I might not already know. Usually fanhood happens organically, and I think that has happened to an extent with me but I am also going to water this fanhood to make sure it can grow. I know previous years haven't been the most kind to NYI, and I want to get fully on board now so I can enjoy the inevitable takeoff under solid leadership.

Any things about the Islanders that I should know from the get-go that someone who hasn't lived and died with the team for years would want me to know?

Go Isles.

Welcome to the wagon, it's a mediocre one but hoping to improve it at some time. Not much I can tell you if you've been following along. Strange time to become a fan, but happy to have you aboard!

Reactions: Stubu

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Hi all,

Go Isles.

There's still time...get out while you can...:laugh:

Welcome!

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Go Isles.

1940 is not just a year of the Second World War

Being called Pajama Boy is a worse insult than being called anything else right now

It's CINDY Crosby, not Sidney

We root for the Red Army team against the Rangers

Never leave your teen daughter alone with Garth Snow

Shannon secretly wants to be Anders Lee's Baby Momma

Duane Sutter was offsides but NEVER admit it to a Flyers fan

Be prepared to learn the personality quirks of all our posters, it takes some time but it's highly worth it!

that should be a good start . . .

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
1940 is not just a year of the Second World War

Being called Pajama Boy is a worse insult than being called anything else right now

It's CINDY Crosby, not Sidney

We root for the Red Army team against the Rangers

Never leave your teen daughter alone with Garth Snow

Shannon secretly wants to be Anders Lee's Baby Momma

Duane Sutter was offsides but NEVER admit it to a Flyers fan

Be prepared to learn the personality quirks of all our posters, it takes some time but it's highly worth it!

that should be a good start . . .

Maine is not only known for lobster but up until 1 year ago it was the most critical resume item needed for a prospective Islander coach or player looking for a job.

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Hi all,

Go Isles.

Perhaps being from the Midwest you’ll bring a peaceful easy feeling to this occasionally prickly party. There will four that want to own you, two that want to stone you and one, well, there’s always one......

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Hi all,

Go Isles.

Welcome, although I’d discuss this decision with a psychiatrist.

Reactions: Disgraced Cosmonaut

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Hi all,

Go Isles.
Where in Wisconsin? My in laws are in Eau Claire. I'm in Mpls.

Reactions: DOCHockeyGuy

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
You may be happy and you know it, but that's not why you clap your hands.

There are extra words in the Chicken Dance.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Funny how a winning streak and some positive press (very little actually) will bring out the riff -raff!! Welcome!!!

As a tortured Isles fan my entire life, Ill have to admit this is some of the best hockey we've seen in close to 20 years. Enjoy!

For the full HF Isles experience, you should participate, or at least view at first, the GDTs. You'll see some colorful stuff.. just don't take any of it to heart -- we are passionate bunch while watching our team...

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Go Isles.

Here's some more:

Don't hire Butch Goring as your kid's English tutor

The Bow Tie is not a piece of clothing

Radar is not a MASH character

Never try to justify the 2001 Draft Day decisions (although I did get BOTH Herb Brooks AND Craig Patrick's autographs that day!)

Do not name your daughter Aryne

Get used to saying "Fort Neverlose" for the rest of the season

Easter Sunday is not a religious day, we celebrate it for the Easter Epic

The only REAL Thor is Bobby Nystrom, not any of the phony cartoons

When you hear 'Potvin Sucks' assume that it's because the other NY team needs to take their mind off their latest deficit

Shawn Bates had the greatest Penalty Shot . . . certainly the loudest . . . in NHL history

and rest assured, if you see an AronJudge11 post it will be a 'glass is half empty' approach . . . :naughty:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Barclays cupholders suck.

Well done!

Here's some more:

Shawn Bates had the greatest Penalty Shot . . . certainly the loudest . . . in NHL history

Everytime I see a replay -- the chills come back -- and then the memory of standing on the seats cheering. Then the cheap shots by those p***yes from Toronto as the clock hit zero. What a game that was.

In fact -- better memories in than that series than the one against Florida. Go figya.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Well done!

Everytime I see a replay -- the chills come back -- and then the memory of standing on the seats cheering. Then the cheap shots by those *****es from Toronto as the clock hit zero. What a game that was.

In fact -- better memories in than that series than the one against Florida. Go figya.
That was a GREAT series and the penalty shot is an awesome memory. But no way is it better than finally winning a playoff series after 23 years. Tavares is dead to me now but those two goals he scored in that clincher against Florida I will cherish forever. Best memory since Volek's OT winner against the Penguins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->