Greetings from Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Just wanted to drop by and say that while I am a die hard Isles fan, the Oilers are my 2nd team in the sense that I root for them to do well. Our franchises have drawn comparisons for wearing the same colors, from the glory years of both teams and unfortunately over the last decade from both being bad teams but having "young talent." Thank god(knock on wood) but the Isles seem to have finally turned the corner. Biggest contributor to that was Snow finally targeting and signing a legititmate #1 goaltender in Jaroslav Halak and the trades to bring in Johnny Boychuk and Nick Leddy. The maturation of 3 of our best prospects in Strome, Nelson and Lee helped as well. Anyway, I feel your franchise can do the same. What do you guys need to happen more? Firing of Lowe or McTavish? I didn't include Eakins because as bad as he is the Islanders have a terrible coach as well but they win anyway.

I really hope that the Oilers turn it around and become a hockey club because you all deserve it as much as we Islander fans did. Here's hoping that both teams meet in the finals one day again soon!

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It's so dang funny that people on HF forums and the Edmonton media yucked it up and laughed at Snow and Wang for years when in fact that duo is 100 times better than our clown fest.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
This doesn't need it's own thread; it will only encourage more pitybrag posts. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad