Greenville & Rapid City with New Controlling Interest (Spire Sports + Entertainment)

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Spire Sports + Entertainment making a hockey power play while the market value is COVID-low? Or are they planning to turn both properties into indoor racing tracks? :popcorn:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Spire Sports + Entertainment making a hockey power play while the market value is COVID-low? Or are they planning to turn both properties into indoor racing tracks? :popcorn:
no, that's what they've been doing....Rapid City was a test market for them..... why Greenville that's an interesting move there.... but it's closer to their home territory

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
I can’t say that I’m surprised they purchased Greenville. When you look at the names of the people involved, short of them purchasing Charlotte, Greenville is a perfect fit for them being only 100 miles from Cornelius which is consider a base of operation for much of NASCAR.

It was always rather odd to seem them involved in Rapid City so the fact they took even further ownership tells me they are using this as vehicle for advertising versus anything else.

Spire’s main source of income is driven from sponsorships which is why they are involved in racing. Spire co-founders Jeff Dickerson and TJ Puchyr own the former Furniture Row Racing. They have an alliance with Chip Ganassi Racing for engines and technology development.

Spire also owns Knoxville Raceway which hold one of the most prestigious races on dirt, the Knoxville Nationals, every year. Track Enterprises is their track management group which manages at least two dozen tracks across the Midwest.

Plus, Spire Sports and Entertainment is a talent agency representing drivers like James Hinchcliffe, Ross Chastain, and Justin Haley.

I think they have a chance to make Greenville a highly successful franchise by incorporating a lot of their NASCAR product into their promotional schedule and their branding. Would not be shocked if the team name changed to be more reflected of Spire’s racing pedigree.

If the ECHL would allow hockey jersey’s to covered like NASCAR uniforms or like jersey’s in Europe... This is the group that would do it.

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
If the ECHL would allow hockey jersey’s to covered like NASCAR uniforms or like jersey’s in Europe... This is the group that would do it

maybe the teams can make up lost revenue this way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->