Dreger: Green Staying in Detroit

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
According to Darren Dreger Mike Green's deal is either 2 years @ $5.25 mil per or 2 years @ $5.5 mil per. So it sounds like Holland added a little more money to the deal. As the original was 2 years $10 million.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Right. I keep thinking today is Sunday for some reason

Hey stop trying to shorten my weekend. :laugh:

Pretty happy Green is re-signing. At least someone can get the puck to our young forwards for another year of development.

Not a huge fan of the Filppula rumors though. I know they are worried about Z retiring but I don't think Val server a purpose.

Vanek I see as a part of AA's last chance in Detroit and a mentor to Rasmussen and Bertuzzi as net front guys.

The Wings are not going to be great with Green, but hey they need someone to provide outlets from the back and run a PP unit. He helps with that still for sure.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
he's a free 3rd round pick at the deadline, maybe a 2nd if you can convince Bergevin he might make the playoffs with Vanek like the good old days lol

Wings have 10 forwards signed without including Mantha/Larkin/AA/Rasmussen/Svechnikov/Zadina.

... Absolutely do not need another.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
he's a free 3rd round pick at the deadline, maybe a 2nd if you can convince Bergevin he might make the playoffs with Vanek like the good old days lol

The last 2 deadlines, Vanek has received a 3rd round pick and a pending UFA/borderline non prospect in Motte. his reputation isn't the best, and he's put up around .7 ppg as a winger

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007

except he isn't. even during his damn good year with us before we only got a conditional 3rd plus mcilrath.
the blue jackets only paid jussi jokinen and motte for his services last year.

3rd if we're lucky. can't see us getting better than that.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
We’ll have room after we move AA+Nyquist for Faulk :sarcasm:
AA+Svech+2nd. Done.

Get the AA drama out of here, Carolina gets a young speedy player with a high ceiling. Svech for obvious reasons. A 2nd because we need to outbid other teams.

Bert-Z-Nqyuist
Zadina-Larkin-Mantha
Ras-Frans-Abby
Helm-Glenny-Witkowski/Frk

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Vanek was good on Detroit, maybe sign him them flip him?

The guy puts up 50 points every year and gets nothing at the deadline for some reason though.

So why would that change now?

Vanek was a great fit in Detroit. But this doesn't make sense or is justifiable unless someone else is shipped out in a trade.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Just not that big on Faulk. He'll be 30 before we're back in the playoffs.

So? D-men can play well into their mid and upper 30s. Doughty is going to be 29 just after the season starts, he surely isn't slowing down. PK is 29 right now. Weber is 32 and the few seasons before this dumpster fire one he had 15/20/17 for goals.

Now I'm not saying Faulk is anywhere close to any of these guys, obviously. But what I am saying is he is only 26 right now and 30 years old is nothing I'd be even close to concerned about for us being competitive again. He still has plenty of learning/change of scenery could be good.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Vanek was good on Detroit, maybe sign him them flip him?

The guy puts up 50 points every year and gets nothing at the deadline for some reason though.

Signing and immediately flipping is a good way to kill your reputation with future UFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->