green biscuit vs fly puck?

HischieR13

Mar 16, 2009
Strong Island
hey guys, im a indoor roller hockey player and i wanted to get a puck for outside training. ive come across the fly puck and the green biscuit as my top 2 choices, i wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on these pucks if they have used them.

also, how are these pucks for shooting?

Iplayhockehh

Aug 20, 2010
Surrey
Hey, I've used both for years and I used to practice a hour of day with these pucks.
Fly puck - Good for practicing inside , but it doesn't work so well on a rocky road.
Green biscuit - Good anywhere, but shooting it will make it start bouncing on road since it will start breaking.
The green biscuit is much better than the fly puck 6 oz overall, but the fly puck feels more like a puck in terms of feel. However, my favorite is the hockey puck ball. The hockey puck ball is the only one that worked for me in terms of building skill.

Gibson19

Mar 18, 2011
The green biscuit will not survive much shooting. Can't speak for the fly puck though

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
www.futureconsiderations.ca
Hey, I've used both for years and I used to practice a hour of day with these pucks.
Fly puck - Good for practicing inside , but it doesn't work so well on a rocky road.
Green biscuit - Good anywhere, but shooting it will make it start bouncing on road since it will start breaking.
The green biscuit is much better than the fly puck 6 oz overall, but the fly puck feels more like a puck in terms of feel. However, my favorite is the hockey puck ball. The hockey puck ball is the only one that worked for me in terms of building skill.

Can I get a link to this hockey puck ball or are you just talking about a smart hockey ball?

Iplayhockehh

Aug 20, 2010
Surrey
Can I get a link to this hockey puck ball or are you just talking about a smart hockey ball?

Smart hockey ball, yeah :P Sorry for the confusion.
Forgot to mention that the flypuck is more durable than the green biscuit but not by much, so dont shoot it. The smart hockey ball just works wonders.

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
dumb question, I use a floor hockey stick, but what do you guys do to protect your sticks when using them on concrete?

I love the smart hockey ball myself, though I think the green biscuit is more like a real puck... but you can actuality play proper floor hockey with a smart hockeyball

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
The GB works everywhere, even on really rough tarmac, but it's kind of loud. The flypuck is not so loud, and maybe has a closer feel to a real puck, but it is also slower than a GB, and needs a very smooth surface to work. If you don't hit a post with a GB you can shoot it too, but it might break faster than the FP.

I find me using a smart hockey ball picking up some bad habits (I roll the stick over the ball, thus never losing contact, when dribling). Obviously not something you want to do on the ice.

Iplayhockehh

Aug 20, 2010
Surrey
The GB works everywhere, even on really rough tarmac, but it's kind of loud. The flypuck is not so loud, and maybe has a closer feel to a real puck, but it is also slower than a GB, and needs a very smooth surface to work. If you don't hit a post with a GB you can shoot it too, but it might break faster than the FP.

I find me using a smart hockey ball picking up some bad habits (I roll the stick over the ball, thus never losing contact, when dribling). Obviously not something you want to do on the ice.

If you want the smart hockey ball to take your skills to the next level, you have to make sure you're not rolling over, that will help you so much when you transfer over to a puck.

trtaylor

May 5, 2010
Inside, on a very smooth surface (shooting pad or laminate flooring) I prefer the FlyPuck. As others have stated, it feels much more like a real puck.

Outside, on rougher surfaces, the Green Biscuit is the better choice.

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
If you want the smart hockey ball to take your skills to the next level, you have to make sure you're not rolling over, that will help you so much when you transfer over to a puck.

Gonna try this today, I still have that SHB somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad