Recalled/Assigned: Grebeshkov Recalled

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
Name me a tall, puck-moving dman who wasn't a physically dominant player who Oilers fans didn't hate...

Poti: run out of town.
Brewer: on his way to being run out of town.
Pitkanen: somehow people were cheering when we got a 5 years older, 1-season-til-UFA Erik Cole for a 20-something top pairing dman with RFA status. One of the worst trades in Oilers history.
Gilbert: run out of town.
Even Visnovsky. Not tall, but definitely not physical and he was never appreciated here. People were cheering when we got Whitney for him even though Vis has been better offensively and defensively every single year they've been in the league.
Petry???

Sometimes our fans are the smartest in the league, sometimes they're the dumbest. As long as the D gets it done, I don't care that they're not crushing guys or fighting or "being mean".

Everybody talks about how we haven't had a top pairing dman since Pronger. We've actually had 2. And we traded them away for peanuts.

I used to get pissed off every time I saw Ryan Whitney make a stupid play on the ice thinking "we traded Lubo for THAT?!" and then the game against the Islanders, I was pissed off again that we traded him away. I loved Lubo, and reaaaaaaally hated the trade for Whitney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->