Recalled/Assigned: Grebeshkov Recalled

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
it might because of a game time decision on an injury to a dman, perhaps they want garbagekov to come and practice with the team in case he needs to be in for Saturday.

Sloth Slothersons*

Once Grebs draws back into the lineup, this team will win at least 2 in a row.

Book it!!!

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
Am I the only one who doesn't mind Grebeshkov? He could definitely slot in for some of the **** we have in the lineup now and push them to be better.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
I'm sure Larsen is wondering what the hell he has to do to get a callup. He's played better than Grebs since they got here.

Oct 30, 2011
I'm sure Larsen is wondering what the hell he has to do to get a callup. He's played better than Grebs since they got here.

Grebs just gets the first shot because of his contract. He was supposed to play this year. His salary reflects that.

I would rather have Larsen in the line-up too.

But the thing with Larsen is that we can re-sign him to a cheap RFA contract.

Guys like Potter and Grebs are UFA at the end of the season.

OfferSheet

Oct 11, 2008
The fact that this guy is on the roster shows how truly terrible the management of this team is. What has he done to earn a spot on this team besides impress Mactavish back in 2008? He sure didn't earn it with his preseason play.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
+2 then out with injury after 6 minutes?

Nope. He was taking penalties in the second?

But he didn't lose us the game. In fact, his intangibles might have won it for us*.

*No idea what intangibles means. But nobody does.

EDIT: Well, it looks like he actually was injured. Wow.
Damn it Grebeshkov! We need you, for reasons yet unknown!

Last edited:

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I was about to say that not noticing Grebeshkov is a good thing but he must have gotten injured, all the other Dmen played 15-25 minutes.

The Perfect Human*

The Petry hate is hilarious - he plays the toughest minutes against the toughest competition and even with the team's slow start this season is only a -1.

Here's how the ESTOI breaks down from that last game:

Petry - 18:20
Ference - 17:48
J.Schultz - 14:35
Belov - 12:52
Smid - 10:11
Grebs - 6:55

Team looked good leaning on Petry in that game. If Grebs can see a slight bump in his minutes we can pull them away from J.Schultz.

Even better.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Petry hate is hilarious - he plays the toughest minutes against the toughest competition and even with the team's slow start this season is only a -1.

Team looked good leaning on Petry in that game. If Grebs can see a slight bump in his minutes we can pull them away from J.Schultz.

Even better.

This tells me one of two things

1. Smid needs to pick up his game significantly

2. Smid is going to be dealt before too long

As for Grebs, that icetime seems right for someone in his first NHL game in a couple years.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I like the fact that Eakins is really being hard on guys like Smid and Nick Schultz. Demoting them, taking away ice time, scratching them. They're both frauds but have gotten in other coaches books by being good guys. Hopefully we can trade Smid and at least Schultz is done at the end of the year. No reason that Larsen can't play as well as either of those guys. Smid is the most frustrating one, he was better five years ago then he is now.

Amazing how great Petry is looking now that he doesn't have to overcompensate for being out their with Smid.

Nick Schultz being scratched today was like Christmas. I legitimately hate him on this team. I'd rather still have Gilbert.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Grebs didn't play after his boarding penalty. Don't think it was injury.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON

Even better.

Name me a tall, puck-moving dman who wasn't a physically dominant player who Oilers fans didn't hate...

Poti: run out of town.
Brewer: on his way to being run out of town.
Pitkanen: somehow people were cheering when we got a 5 years older, 1-season-til-UFA Erik Cole for a 20-something top pairing dman with RFA status. One of the worst trades in Oilers history.
Gilbert: run out of town.
Even Visnovsky. Not tall, but definitely not physical and he was never appreciated here. People were cheering when we got Whitney for him even though Vis has been better offensively and defensively every single year they've been in the league.
Petry???

Sometimes our fans are the smartest in the league, sometimes they're the dumbest. As long as the D gets it done, I don't care that they're not crushing guys or fighting or "being mean".

Everybody talks about how we haven't had a top pairing dman since Pronger. We've actually had 2. And we traded them away for peanuts.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.

Even better.

Why is it hilarious? He's pretty bad with the puck in his own zone. How many times does he have the chance to get it out yet bungles it up one way or the other.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Name me a tall, puck-moving dman who wasn't a physically dominant player who Oilers fans didn't hate...

Poti: run out of town.
Brewer: on his way to being run out of town.
Pitkanen: somehow people were cheering when we got a 5 years older, 1-season-til-UFA Erik Cole for a 20-something top pairing dman with RFA status. One of the worst trades in Oilers history.
Gilbert: run out of town.
Even Visnovsky. Not tall, but definitely not physical and he was never appreciated here. People were cheering when we got Whitney for him even though Vis has been better offensively and defensively every single year they've been in the league.
Petry???

Sometimes our fans are the smartest in the league, sometimes they're the dumbest. As long as the D gets it done, I don't care that they're not crushing guys or fighting or "being mean".

Everybody talks about how we haven't had a top pairing dman since Pronger. We've actually had 2. And we traded them away for peanuts.

Visnovsky wasn't run out of town - he never wanted to play to the Oilers and asked to be moved before he even played a game for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad