Recalled/Assigned: Grebeshkov Recalled

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
This should definitely improve the Oilers defensive coverage, physicality, and ability to manage the puck intelligently.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Planning the parade route.

I would have rather he stayed down for the full conditioning stint. He didn't look acclimated back to the North American game in training camp and I don't think 3 games in the AHL would cut it.

I imagine though we might actually see one of the regular defensemen sit a game now with Grebs a "viable" insertion into the lineup. Atleast, I think the coaching staff believes this to be so.

Smid, looking at you.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Can't see him passing anyone on the depth chart. Maybe a trade brewing for one of our roster D, and he will fill in?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't see Grebs getting much done, but this isn't shocking.

I suspect they keep him around for a couple weeks and if he's no good they waive him and bring someone else up.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Planning the parade route.

I would have rather he stayed down for the full conditioning stint. He didn't look acclimated back to the North American game in training camp and I don't think 3 games in the AHL would cut it.

I imagine though we might actually see one of the regular defensemen sit a game now with Grebs a "viable" insertion into the lineup. Atleast, I think the coaching staff believes this to be so.

Smid, looking at you.

I really hope Smid isn't sat for Grebs.

I'd rather it be N Schultz.

That way we have 3 O-minded D men, Grebs, J Schultz, Belov and 3 D-minded D men, Ference, Smid, Petry.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
THERE'S the stabilizing influence this team needs on the back end. :dunce:

If there's a silver lining to be had though, at least he'll be another Russian for Yakupov to confide in during Yak's time on his deserted island. Maybe (big maybe) he can act as a bit of a go-between with Yak and the rest of the team?

LPDustin

Mar 19, 2008
Victoria, BC
I really hope he take's Smid's spot, he has been dreadful lately. Every time he is in our zone I get flashbacks of Steve Staios.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Thank god! The missing piece to our defensive problems has arrived. I see us going 10-0 with 8 of this wins being shutouts. Only 3 goals scored against us is when Grebs is on the bench for aich needed rest after a 15 minute shift.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just for some sadistic fun, they should pair him with Justin Schultz and see what happens.:laugh:

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
This should definitely improve the Oilers defensive coverage, physicality, and ability to manage the puck intelligently.

sarcasm.jpg

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
A trade in the work perhaps...
Smid+ for a Goalie

or maybe Joensuu went on IR

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
A trade in the work perhaps...
Smid+ for a Goalie

or maybe Joensuu went on IR

Grebs was already on the team roster if I remember correctly. Going on a conditioning stint doesn't take him off.

Simply think it's about them trying to see what they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->