Recalled/Assigned: Grebeshkov/Davidson to OKC, Larsen Recalled

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Grebeshkov to OKC = bold. Seriously. I like it.

Meh, conditioning stint.

As for Larsen coming up, given that Smid and Schultz have seen their playing time dropped below15 minutes I won't be shocked to see one get the Smyth treatment for a game.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think this means Eakins is happy with Belov on the left side.

I'm guessing we see:

Belov-Petry
Ference-Schultz
Smid-Larsen

I'd prefer to see Belov and Smid swapped, but seems like Eakins has a man-crush on Belov.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Just thinking out loud, but maybe wouldn't it have been better to just demote Grebs, instead of conditioning stint. Here's my thinking.

It's his first year back in the NHL, and his pre-season wasn't great, and he got injured. If they just assign him outright, he probably doesn't get picked up with those circumstances and I'm not hearing many teams desperate for 6/7 d-man at the moment.

Grebs loses no money, but Edmonton gains about $5K of cap space per day that he is down. If his stint goes well, you just bring him up like you would have on a conditioning stint. If it doesn't keep saving the capspace until he's ready. This also would give the benefit that should they bring him back up, they can send him back down without waivers within a month if they need to.

The same applies to Potter when he returns. If you could get 3 NHLish d-man normally vulnerable to waivers, free from the waiver wire for a month by squeezing them through when they are least appealing ,in what is essentially a 5 month waiver period, the Oilers would be in pretty good shape to handle future injuries to the blue.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I don't get the hate for Nick Schultz. I thought he's been much better this year (he's a solid #5 imo). I like giving Larsen a chance though

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I like giving Larsen a chance, but I'd rather not have the revolving door of d-men for the rest of the year.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
How does this equal someone getting traded?

it doesnt, i just wanted to try the whole "every move is a drastic and dramatic precursor to something else even more major" so many others are doing it so i wanted to try

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
it doesnt, i just wanted to try the whole "every move is a drastic and dramatic precursor to something else even more major" so many others are doing it so i wanted to try

Eakins had a bran muffin for breakfast this morning.

I'm predicting a big move coming.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
:laugh::laugh:

How did it feel?

pretty good actually

taylor hall tweeted he is glad to be back in his home province........................OMG Hall wants to get traded to the LEAFS and we just signed him to his contract MacTLowebelinni are so STUPID

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad