Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weah

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pele at the top, van Basten and R9 in the second tier and then the rest.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh please.
Pele embarrassed WC defenseman.
Can't remember who said "I thought before the game he was made of flesh and bone, I was wrong".
Ronaldo had a two or three year peak.

Nope.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Oh please.
Pele embarrassed WC defenseman.
Can't remember who said "I thought before the game he was made of flesh and bone, I was wrong".
Ronaldo had a two or three year peak.

Nope.

Including one often referred to as (one of)the best defenders of all time:

And Santos beat pretty much every European team they played against:

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Won the best player at only one WC and wasn't the highest scorer at any of them. Most Brazilians who watched them both play claim that Garrincha was the better player. Pele's mysticism is built around the thousands of goals he says he scored, but he failed to mention that hundreds of them were scored against amateurs. And just watch the defending from that era, it's a joke.
This is wrong. Garrincha nickname was joy the people and was the crowd favourite but Pele is considered the greatest brazilian player. Basically almost every football dribble was "invented" by him. Invented = used in a game situation. Pele is the answer here.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This is wrong. Garrincha nickname was joy the people and was the crowd favourite but Pele is considered the greatest brazilian player. Basically almost every football dribble was "invented" by him. Invented = used in a game situation. Pele is the answer here.

Yup. I did a thread I think last year about this video:

There really didn't seem to be any defense or defender he couldn't dribble through (well maybe Bobby Moore in 1970 WC). He was the definition of "OP". Could score from close or long range with both feet, fast, great in the air, great passer and football IQ in general. Perhaps prime Pelé in 1970 WC was a prefect example that he didn't need to score to decide games.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Trezeguet was a better striker than Villa and Drogba. Zlatan obviously. And that's just in recent years.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
If Klose had a better club career, he should get some consideration. Probably the one of the best strikers at the international level.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
The clear and obvious answer is Van Nistelrooy. :sarcasm:

actually inside the box he was probably one of the most clinical strikers ever. Obviously not the best striker lol but yeah I mean probably one of the best finishers ever.

I even go as far as saying that he might have been influential in R7 stepping his finishing game up, as well as becoming Penaldo lol RVN was a penalty master.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Voted for Romario. During the time, i started to watch football, he was the most enjoyable player to watch from the list.

In a top 5 league, Van Basten had ONE 20 goal season.

Dont forget he played in Italy. By far the best league to that time. Stronger as the PL nowdays.
Another factor is that the game was very defensive minded in Italy.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Dont forget he played in Italy. By far the best league to that time. Stronger as the PL nowdays.
Another factor is that the game was very defensive minded in Italy.
I didn't forget it, I said it. Though there were more goals in the late 80s early 90s than in the mid 80s.
You can say another way : MVB won the scoring title in Serie A twice in his career.
In the same time frame, Signori won it three times.
And no, MVB didn't miss that many games since he had four consecutive 30/40 game seasons.

I don't want to diminish MVB, I loved him. But he's not the best striker all time. He's a clear tier under Pele and I'd pick Ronaldo over him as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->