Greatest seasons in NHL history

captainpierce

Feb 1, 2007
What do you think are the greatest seasons in NHL history in terms of excitement, quality, and overall interest? 1993-94 comes to mind for me(Rangers breaking 54-year Cup drought, Canucks coming back from 3-1 vs. Flames; classic Rangers-Devils and Rangers-Canucks series, Sharks upset Red Wings). I'd like to know your choices.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
1997-98 began with the incredible Canada Cup '87 (just as I started universityfor the first time - ah, memories!) and then the NHL regular season was a PASSING OF THE TORCH some say as Lemieux and Gretzky battled in the scoring race, Wayne's 149 points coming up short against Mario's 168. That was THE story of the season and boy was it fun to follow even though my boy WG didn't get it done. But wait, in the playoffs, Winnipeg made some noise going to the second round, and Bourque led his Bruins to the finals. Gretzky garnered his second Conn Smythe in what proved to be his LAST SEASON in Edmonton.

The significance of that season has been growing and growing in my memories ever since.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
That question gotta be ask to someone between 99-105 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->