Greatest SC playoff moments: part 2

andreydali19

They're relentless
Jun 19, 2006
Liv. of Mich.
Ok so, looking through the posts in part 1, I understand there were some questions on absent choices more significant than those in the selection of the first. The thing, choices were entered based on limited selection possibility. As I said in part 1, I was hoping to make the choice total 25, not knowing that the limit is 15. So, why don’t we try this: once all the polls close, I’ll put together the top ten from each poll into a list of fifty in two different styles: one based on where they placed in the most recent session they were in(within the top ten of that session, of course), and one weighed on significance among the moments. For the latter list, I may contact various members and moderators who gave insight on examples and their importance. In the end, the lists aren’t meant to be right, however: they’re meant to be discussed. So continuing on, here’s the ten most chosen from the first poll:

1. Orr goes flying (Bruins/Blues-1970) 20 votes
2. Messier fulfills own guarantee (Rangers/Devils-1994) 17
3. Barilko’s final goal (Leafs/Habs-1951) 11
4. Yzerman’s slapshot heard round the world (Wings/Blues-1996) 10
5. Lemieux takes it through the defense, into the net (Penguins/N. Stars-1991) 10
6. The goal-in-crease (Stars/Sabres-1999) 9
7. Baun’s ‘one-legged’ OT goal (Leafs/Wings-1964) 8
8. Stevens lays out Kariya (Devils/Ducks-2003) 8
9. Bossy’s floating goal (Isles/Canucks-1982) 7
10. The ‘Too Many Men’ penalty (Bruins/Habs-1979) 6

Ogopogo*

You're missing Esa Tikkanen single handedly beating the Flames in game 7 of the 1991 playoffs. That was an amazing game.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
On that list its definetly Nystrom. OT in Game 6 Isles win. If NYI lose that game they go back to Philly for game 7 and I dont like their chances. That goal started a dynasty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->