• Simonsen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
This isn't really fair lol.

I'm glad you included Donadoni though. Was arguably the most important player on the greatest club side of all time.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Depends on whether you count messi as a winger or not. If you do this is no contest, if not there’s a couple options I think. Garrincha is up there, as is George Best. Doesn’t have the longevity of some but from what I’ve seen and read he was one of the most talented players I’ve seen.

lud

May 27, 2009
Croatia
Well, I can see your point about Messi.
He played/still play so many different position that you dont't know what his natural position is.

BUT,his best games were when he played right wing-forward, IMHO. That's why I put him in poll.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Messi started his career as a true winger the drifted slowly to the middle and then as a false 9. Today with suarez he’s not really a true winger.

Voted for him though because I would vote Messi on any list he’s in even on a defenders list :)

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
The shortlist badly misses Kurt Hamrin. I'd have liked to see Julinho too.

Working on the basis that I don't class Messi as a right wing first and foremost, Garrincha wins this one for me by a country mile.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
The shortlist badly misses Kurt Hamrin. I'd have liked to see Julinho too.

Working on the basis that I don't class Messi as a right wing first and foremost, Garrincha wins this one for me by a country mile.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Got to give it to Messi! I've started watching him more and more over the years and it's just mind boggling seeing some of the stuff he does!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Voted Robben not only as the right choice, but for obvious reasons. I feel sorry for all the new age football fans that didn't watch him and Ribery play in their primes - absolute a joy to watch even though he is the shame list as a diver.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Voted Robben not only as the right choice, but for obvious reasons. I feel sorry for all the new age football fans that didn't watch him and Ribery play in their primes - absolute a joy to watch even though he is the shame list as a diver.

You say this as if their prime seasons were decades ago and not just 4-5 years.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, I echo most people's sentiments here : if this is where Messi is categorized, then it must be him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes frankly, Garrincha over anyone else but Messi. From all accounts he was the best winger of all time with Cruyff (who could also not be classified as a pure winger).

I'd love to see who voted who. Because De Boer? Really?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
By reputation I'd say Garrincha.

From who I've seen I'd say Robben.

I don't think that Messi is a winger. Obviously it's Messi in whatever poll or position Messi is considered to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad