Greatest Playmakers Of All-Time: #1

Who is the greatest playmaker of all-time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Gotta throw Craig Janney in there at some point. Not the overall career obviously as the all-time greats but one of the very best playmakers of an era that had a lot of them.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Playing 2-4 mins than other forwards (top forwards usually cap around 20-22) doesn’t account for the Pluto-to-Earth gap in production that Wayne had over his peers

No but as opposed to basketball where everyone is playing the whole game I don't see how it would be easier there. Gretzky could've nearly led the NHL in points in the 80s if they cut his ice time in half don't get me wrong.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
That’s my whole point. How Wayne managed to be so far ahead of his peers while playing 1/3 of the game compared to other sports is absolutely mind-boggling.

Everytime I look at his numbers I have to look twice to make sure I’m reading it right

That point makes no sense since every other forward played less than him, so it does not add to the impressiveness.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
More ice-time doesn’t always equal more production. At some point you get diminishing returns

Sure but that doesn't lend any credibility to your original point. Gretzky dominating his sport to the extent he did while playing 1/3 of the game would only add to the impressiveness if the other players he was competing with were playing even more, but they were playing even less. That should explain it but if not there's no sense in going on.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Strange that the guy who’s 4th all time in assists per game isn’t an option (not that he’d be picked in the top 4 just stating)

Reactions: Deas

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
If you're part of the 7.3% who did not vote for 99- you lost all credibility when it comes to your opinions regarding hockey.

This is one of the easiest polls ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad