• 2020-21 Bolts

• 2016-17 Pens

• 2013-15 Hawks

• 2012-14 Kings

Results are only viewable after voting.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Pens and Tampa (when they win) will be back to back, which is better than the 2 in 3 years the hawks/kings did. I think the 2020 cup is the hardest cup ever won (no home ice advantage, being in a bubble away from family for months, etc) so I'll vote Tampa. Won't argue with anyone voting pens though.

Reactions: HUJILU

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Blackhawks were the real "modern dynasty". It's them.

Runners up would be the Penguins for me. It's interesting the different ways they managed to get it done each time - in terms of team composition, who stepped up, etc.

Reactions: abo9

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Pens and Tampa (when they win) will be back to back, which is better than the 2 in 3 years the hawks/kings did. I think the 2020 cup is the hardest cup ever won (no home ice advantage, being in a bubble away from family for months, etc) so I'll vote Tampa. Won't argue with anyone voting pens though.

there's also a strong argument that it's the flukiest cup ever won though

shortened seasons happen sometimes, divisions change sometimes

but as far as I know last year is the only time play has stopped for multiple months in the middle of the season right before the Playoffs, and that has a pretty giant effect on how teams will play

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

LA and Chicago had to play each other in the Conference finals in 2013 and 2014 though, with each one winning once. They both might have won 3 straight if they didn't have to face another team at this level. Tampa hasn't had the face that and it's arguable whether the Caps were that for the Pens.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The Blackhawks were the real "modern dynasty". It's them.

Runners up would be the Penguins for me. It's interesting the different ways they managed to get it done each time - in terms of team composition, who stepped up, etc.

Agreed with the Penguins, especially considering the 2nd cup was won without Letang at all in the playoffs which is unbelievable when you look at their defense that playoff run

Reactions: molon labe

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Tampa haven't won two cups in the last 10 years.

lol it's weird, it takes 4 wins to win the Cup and currently TB only has 3. It's like some people are trying hard to jynx them or are just falling for the "don't count your chickens before they hatched"

The disrespect to Montreal lol

Not even a Habs fan and their medias in general + a part of their fanbase annoys me to no end but if there's one thing their current team earned this year, it's respect.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
In the next week.

Because the Habs are gonna come back from 3-0 down... Right

When you phrase the question in the past tense (who WAS the greatest winner), you can understand why people would be confused, as Tampa currently has one Cup in the last ten years.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
lol it's weird, it takes 4 wins to win the Cup and currently TB only has 3. It's like some people are trying hard to jynx them or are just falling for the "don't count your chickens before they hatched"
Or maybe I'm just stating the inevitable.... Gimme a break man

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
When you phrase the question in the past tense (who WAS the greatest winner), you can understand why people would be confused, as Tampa currently has one Cup in the last ten years.
You were seriously confused?... I'll paint a picture for you next time

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Or maybe I'm just stating the inevitable.... Gimme a break man

Obviously, my post is not based on 1 comment lol

Yes odds are in Tampa's favor as they are the best team on paper, they learned to lose and win before and all they have to do is to win 1 game before their opponent wins 4, but everything is possible. If Tampa has the same kind of "counting chickens before they hatched" mentality as a lot of people seem to have, they will lose for sure. I hpe for their sake they don't or it would be considered the greatest choke in NHL history

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Obviously, my post is not based on 1 comment lol

Yes odds are in Tampa's favor as they are the best team on paper, they learned to lose and win before and all they have to do is to win 1 game before their opponent wins 4, but everything is possible. If Tampa has the same kind of "counting chickens before they hatched" mentality as a lot of people seem to have, they will lose for sure.
Well if I jinxed them, great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->