• Stoichkov

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There's no "depending".
If someone votes Giggs over Rivelino, Ronaldinho, Stoichlov and all then he has no idea of what he's talking about or he's a United fan with his blinders on.
Using these votes to evaluate anything is ridiculous given the awful voting so far.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
There's no "depending".
If someone votes Giggs over Rivelino, Ronaldinho, Stoichlov and all then he has no idea of what he's talking about or he's a United fan with his blinders on.
Using these votes to evaluate anything is ridiculous given the awful voting so far.
According to you .....one of those vote my way or.....

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Lots of these guys weren't true " Wingers". A lot of times they came off
their wing seeking glory leaving others to fend for them on the outside . You didn't have to worry about Giggs abanding his wing , Everyone on his team new they could count on him being there ... 13 titles , for the same team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
According to you .....one of those vote my way or.....
According to anyone who knows a few things about football
Find me a single link where Giggs is considered a top 3 LW all time.
In hockey comparison, it's be like saying a good all star player (never among the best of his Era) is better than Howe, Hull and Co.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
According to anyone who knows a few things about football
Find me a single link where Giggs is considered a top 3 LW all time.
In hockey comparison, it's be like saying a good all star player (never among the best of his Era) is better than Howe, Hull and Co.
One of those guys who speaks for everyone , explains a lot.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not really.
Again, if you tell me Jon Toews is better all time than Lemieux or Gretzky, it ain't too hard.
He isn't. Won't ever be either.
And just because you say you think he is doesn't mean it holds any value. It's simply WAY off base.

Reactions: robertmac43

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Not really.
Again, if you tell me Jon Toews is better all time than Lemieux or Gretzky, it ain't too hard.
He isn't. Won't ever be either.
And just because you say you think he is doesn't mean it holds any value. It's simply WAY off base.
But I didn't say Toews is better than anyone , it's what you want to perceive I believe.
Same as saying Giggs isn't even in the top 3 players on ManU . If it was a poll saying who are the 3 best players on Man U , Giggs wouldn't be one of them . It's a left winger questions . I don't really care who anyone else's pick , but I respect their opinion .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But I didn't say Toews is better than anyone , it's what you want to perceive I believe.
Same as saying Giggs isn't even in the top 3 players on ManU . If it was a poll saying who are the 3 best players on Man U , Giggs wouldn't be one of them . It's a left winger questions . I don't really care who anyone else's pick , but I respect their opinion .
No, but you said Giggs being a top 3 LW (actually you said top 2) is as valid opinion as saying he isn't.
Nope. It just isn't valid.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
His brother might not agree with your loyalty and selflessness take......

I agree but these polls are about on the pitch performances, not off the pitch. Giggsy absolutely belongs in this discussion. Most people here have not seen his games for United in the early 90's.

And for what it's worth, had Rivelino been spelled correctly, I would have voted for him.

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I agree but these polls are about on the pitch performances, not off the pitch. Giggsy absolutely belongs in this discussion. Most people here have not seen his games for United in the early 90's.

It was a joke. I absolutely love Giggs and I’m a homer, but he’s not close to the best LW of all time. And that’s fine. He was a great player for a club that had great teams for decades. Nothing wrong with him being properly rated.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It was a joke. I absolutely love Giggs and I’m a homer, but he’s not close to the best LW of all time. And that’s fine. He was a great player for a club that had great teams for decades. Nothing wrong with him being properly rated.
Yup.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

And for what it's worth, had Rivellino been spelled correctly, I would have voted for him.
Rivelino — Wikipédia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad