Greatest Goals in Lightning History

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So... training camp is nearing, the end of the off-season is looming. Still a few days to go so let's revisit Lightning history. What's your pick for the best goal in Lightning history? It can be the most memorable one or just great individual effort resulting in a goal... whatever you prefer.

There are so many great Lightning goals but I'll go with this one:

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
This staved off what might've been a major infarction. Though obviously we had to still sweat it out, Game 7 seemed like less of a mountain for the team to climb than overtime and facing a handshake line with any mistake. It didn't seem like they'd ever allow it to be taken away from them after looking over the edge of oblivion in OT. I don't know what the it factor is, but I keep waiting for it to reemerge on a Lightning team.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
This staved off what might've been a major infarction. Though obviously we had to still sweat it out, Game 7 seemed like less of a mountain for the team to climb than overtime and facing a handshake line with any mistake. It didn't seem like they'd ever allow it to be taken away from them after looking over the edge of oblivion in OT. I don't know what the it factor is, but I keep waiting for it to reemerge on a Lightning team.

That's honestly the most I've ever a celebrated a goal in my house. Got me jumping out of the couch and around the room.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's honestly the most I've ever a celebrated a goal in my house. Got me jumping out of the couch and around the room.
This.

Whenever we score I can usually compose myself. 9 times out of 10 I can get it down a calm smile and fist pump. The 1 is like when McDonagh stole the puck against Ottawa, gave it to Johnson to Point a tying goal and it got a nice whoop and a YEAAAHHH out of me. But Marty's goal? I ran out the door f***ing screaming

Reactions: Hoek

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I can't.

I just can't choose between St. Louis' 2OT goal in Game 6 or Fedotenko's second in Game 7. It's like trying to choose a favorite child. :puppy:

The Game 6 double overtime goal was absolutely sublime. Marty grabbing the rebound and staving off elimination. The timing, the urgency of overtime, the overall feeling...indescribable! I mean, GAME 6 DOUBLE FRICKING OVERTIME!!! I know I screamed louder than at any other goal I've ever seen in my life. :eek:

But that second Fedotenko goal... :heart::heart::heart:

Vinnie knew exactly where Feds was waiting and danced through FOUR fricking Calgary players to get him the puck. Perfect shot. History. After so many fricking years of being the laughing stock of the NHL, vindication. Stanley Cup Champions!
:stanley:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

1000x this

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Honestly, if we ignore the contest and look at purely the goal itself my all time favorite is probably Killorn's game 1 goal against the Hawks.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad