Greatest Forwards of All Time #18

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
I wasn't suggesting that Francis and Sakic are not comparable, I was saying that neither one of them should be winning rounds in an ALL TIME poll this early. My point was that any one that the majority of posters got to see play would have won this round.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
reckoning said:
So Joe Sakic is going to win his first time on the board. Makes you wonder if he could`ve beat Yzerman if he was added earlier. Then again, the Sakic vs. Yzerman debate is probably the 3rd most overdone argument on here next to Roy vs. Hasek and Gretzky vs. Lemieux.
I think Sakic vs. Yzerman is comparable. I voted for Sakic because I wanted to prevent Marcel Dionne from winning. I know it's probably not the right way of doing things, but I don't think Dionne should go until at least 25-30. I don't think Sakic is that far behind Yzerman. I'd rate Sakic as one of the top 25 forwards of all-time, he's going about three to five slots earlier than he should have (I'd take Apps, H. Richard and Schmidt ahead of "Burnaby Joe" for sure, and maybe take the Big M ahead of Sakic, too). He developed into such a fine all-round player, he elevated his play in the post-season and he could carry his team on his back for extended periods of time.

I knew that once he got added, that he would win in a hurry. I thought it would be two, maybe three rounds tops. But I think some of his support is to keep Dionne out.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
I'd say Jagr and Sakic are underrated if anything.

After this round, it's time for fans of the "old-timers" to make a case for who's next, as I don't see Dionne, Kurri, Br. Hull, Francis, etc. as unbeatable by any means.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Voted Newsy Lalonde. Add Geoffrion.

In my opinion it is way to early for Sakic or Dionne to win and way to early for Kurri or Francis to be added.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Even though I think that Cook should already be a winner nevermind being on the list, a name that isn't getting any mention is Dickie Moore. IMO he's not that far off from The Big M.

That being said, I really want to see a Cook-Conacher showdown. Two of the best RW's from the early era.

Also whats the call on Dit Clapper. Not that he should be even close to being added yet but he was an all star RW before being one of the best Dmen.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
canucksfan said:
Since I put Apps on the other one twice and didn't put Malone on I will redo this one. Yzerman won with 25 votes. Joe Sakic will be added next. I am going to vote for Schmidt again and add Geoffrion.

#1 Gretzky(64.71%)
#2 Lemieux(63.77%)
#3 Howe(63.41%)
#4 Richard(31.58%)
#5 Beliveau(53.49%)
#6 Hull(28.81%)
#7 LaFleur(72.73% won tiebreaker)
#8 Esposito(34.88%)
#9 Morenz(23.81%)
#10 Messier(24.29%)
#11 Jagr(30.99%)
#12 Bossy(24.56%)
#13 Mikita(27.08%)
#14 Trottier(30.95%)
#15 Clarke(36.49%)
#16 Lindsay(36.84%)
#17 Yzerman(55.56%)

What happened to Orr? lol

(whoops, next time I'll read the thread title more closely...sorry bout that)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->