Greatest Forwards #8

Greatest Forwards #8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Lol only on this website would Forsberg finish ahead of Yzerman, not to mention a few more of these guys. That career high 30 goals that he only hit twice is really something. Yzerman has pretty much the same number of goals as Forsberg does games played....

As for this poll, I think St Louis, Iggy and Thornton could all get a vote here. The name to me that sticks out the most as greatest is Iginla though personally

Reactions: RacMan93

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Lol only on this website would Forsberg finish ahead of Yzerman, not to mention a few more of these guys. That career high 30 goals that he only hit twice is really something. Yzerman has pretty much the same number of goals as Forsberg does games played....

As for this poll, I think St Louis, Iggy and Thornton could all get a vote here. The name to me that sticks out the most as greatest is Iginla though personally

Thornton never scored more than 37 goals either if that's how you measure it.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Yeah I know people value peak and longevity differently, but Forsberg has neither on Yzerman. Some players seem to have grown a certain mystique over time (Fedorov is another one).

Voted Lindros because I think he was the most dominant of the bunch. Although other players have better career value (Selanne, St. Louis, Thornton, Hull).

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Kurri then Federov.

Kurri is one of the most dominant playoff performers in NHL history and it almost never gets talked about.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Yeah I know people value peak and longevity differently, but Forsberg has neither on Yzerman. Some players seem to have grown a certain mystique over time (Fedorov is another one).

Voted Lindros because I think he was the most dominant of the bunch. Although other players have better career value (Selanne, St. Louis, Thornton, Hull).

Like how you try to sound objective in your first paragraph then do the exact same thing you accuse others of in the other.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

151-64-107-171 +54 is his playoff line and that really sticks out.

As for the current poll I'll take Thornton 14th all time in points.

Selanne would be a coinflip with Jumbo Joe as well.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Thornton never scored more than 37 goals either if that's how you measure it.

Thats not how I measure it but Thornton has a couple 35+ goal seasons to go along with back to back 90+ assist seasons with an Art Ross and a Hart trophy. Same amount of hardware as Forsberg. But I rank Thornton behind Forsberg because of playoff success/a guy who was known as a choker most of his career. Regular season theyre close players though.

Neither one actually has an argument to be ahead of Yzerman though and this is the only place that would do that lol. Yzerman peaked higher (or for arguments sake I would call it a draw) but Forberg has nowhere near the longevity. Despite how great Forsberg was in the playoffs, Yzerman is the one with a Conn Smythe. Despite Forsberg being a really solid two way player, Yzerman has the Selke. Forsberg has a hart that Yzerman doesnt have but I'll take his Pearson against the toughest competition ever for it vs Forsberg winning in one of the weakest eras for forwards.

Absolutely 0 argument for Forsberg over Yzerman

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I'd probably take Brett Hull here, if all of these were the players available to draft. Selanne & Lindros were other considerations. Kurri, Oates and Federov to follow those 3.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Like how you try to sound objective in your first paragraph then do the exact same thing you accuse others of in the other.

And how's that? I myself value peak over longevity. Make it the opposite and I still have Yzerman above Forsberg. I'd say that's pretty consistent with what I said.

:huh:

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
And how's that? I myself value peak over longevity. Make it the opposite and I still have Yzerman above Forsberg. I'd say that's pretty consistent with what I said.

:huh:

Because Thornton and Brett Hull peaked higher than Lindros and got way better longveity? Arguably the same for Selänne and a couple of more.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Because Thornton and Brett Hull peaked higher than Lindros and got way better longveity? Arguably the same for Selänne and a couple of more.

Well, I believe Lindros peaked higher than those 3 so I'm still pretty consistent with what I said.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Well, I believe Lindros peaked higher than those 3 so I'm still pretty consistent with what I said.

And some people believe Forsberg peaked higher than Yzerman, statistically both opinions are wrong. So you are using a belief as a reason for ranking Lindros above players while blaming others for doing the same.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
It's between Lindros and Selanne for me, but I voted Lindros simply because of the crazy physical element he brought every night in that era. Shame his career got cut short. He could possibly have been even higher up.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
And some people believe Forsberg peaked higher than Yzerman, statistically both opinions are wrong. So you are using a belief as a reason for ranking Lindros above players while blaming others for doing the same.

But I wouldn't blame anyone for putting Selanne, Thornton, St. Louis or Hull above Lindros. For the record it was pretty much a toss up between Selanne and Lindros for me.

So you're come back at me firmly affirming that ''statistically both opinions ARE wrong'' after blaming me for feeling Lindros peaked higher than those 4. Looks like you're the one using you beliefs as facts. I got no time for that.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
But I wouldn't blame anyone for putting Selanne, Thornton, St. Louis or Hull above Lindros. For the record it was pretty much a toss up between Selanne and Lindros for me.

So you're come back at me firmly affirming that ''statistically both opinions ARE wrong'' after blaming me for feeling Lindros peaked higher than those 4. Looks like you're the one using you beliefs as facts. I got no time for that.

I don't understand your reasoning you are the one who started with saying that Forsberg don't have either on Yzerman without presenting why, then I feel it's kinda safe to asume it's because he peaked better statistcally? If not, what else but your subjective opinion?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->