Greatest Dman as a Panther

Greatest Dman as a Panther

• Total voters

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Where's Kuba?

tough question, hell even Bouw was a good defenseman minus the last ~30 games here.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
kindl, allen, and kuba. the holy trinity.

id say either svehla or soupy. jovo 3rd.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
You can remove Bo and Yandle.

Arguments can be made for the Svehla, Jovo, and Campbell. I’d probably go with Jovo though

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Yandle is proving to be the best over time, but in terms of highest magnitude of quality I would also say Yandle is behind all of those names.
All things considered, Campbell.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Easily svehla. He did it all, and he did it at a top level for almost a decade for us. The same can't be said for any of the others. So steady, so unheralded.
That’s so true. Svehla did whatever he had to do to get the job done. He was so sneaky with his hooks, holds, rib jabs, whatever. He used to frustrate the crap out of players.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
That’s so true. Svehla did whatever he had to do to get the job done. He was so sneaky with his hooks, holds, rib jabs, whatever. He used to frustrate the crap out of players.

Yep, svehla was the man. He wasnt the best in the league at shutting down, and he wasnt the best offensively. But he was near the top of the league in every facet as a defenseman. What a steal he was for us.

Reactions: Clint and Rahooji

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Conversation starts and ends with Svehla. Great at both ends of the ice, threw hits like it was going out of style, and while it's been a long time and I was a youngster I can't remember him making dumb or lazy plays defensively.

Campbell takes second place easily. Undersized and didn't play a physical game but he moved the puck forward like no one else and was one of the best at playing keep away in the defensive zone. It's hard to forget that our go-to defensive strategy while he was here was to get him the puck once it squirted loose in our zone so he could dipsy-doodle until there was space for him to move it up.

Third is either Bouwmeester or Yandle. Opposite personalities and opposite playstyles. JayBo mastered the art of the smart and conservative play with an active stick, great positioning, and unparalleled skating ability. Yandle aggresively skates it through the neutral zone and forces plays on offence but sometimes gets caught out of position, it's ultimately worth it however with the opportunities he generates.

Jovanovski has no business in this conversation. His early seasons here he hadn't developed at either end of the ice and put himself out of position going after the big hit, while his second stint he was too slow and old to contribute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad