WJC: Greatest Collapse or Greatest Comeback

Vladiator16*

No. You was arguing that Canada didn't use their best team. I told that Team Russia could have been also better in paper.

Oh?

Kuznetsov going to shoulder surgery and coach told Tarasenko to go locker room because his ribs...

Not nitpicking, just a correction , he will need surgeries on both shoulders.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Comeback. I watched all 3 games that they came from behind in the 3rd. Not sure why, but they seem to have an "extra gear" in 3rd period. If they played an entire game with that desperation, they would be INCREDIBLE!

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006
Is this the biggest collapse in canadian hockey history?

Not just WJC but all of international play.

If not, name another that is worse.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm as big of goalie critic as anyone, but Visentin wasn't that bad. 2nd goal was weak, and the 5th as well but the 5th was a non issue.

Canada's 2nd goal wasnt the best either (great shot, but shouldn't have scored from that angle) and the Russian goalie was pulled so this cannot be blamed on a goaltending collapse.

Great comeback.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Comeback. Give credit where credit is due. The Russians simply played their guts out in that third.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Since there is no option for "both", I didn't vote. If that had been an option, that would have been the one for me. The Canadians started to run around like chickens with their heads cut off and the Russians just kept on them.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
easy answer : the Russians had 2 amazing comebacks in the previous 2 games, and it's obvious that in the final they did the same thing = come back. there was no collapse whatsoever, the Canadian boys were just completely overrun by a team that wanted GOLD more than anything.

DDIHH

Oct 28, 2005
Both. Russian kids came out very strong in the 3rd, but the canadian kids looked totally lost after the 2nd goal.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Russia tried hard in the third, but I think it was more of collapse. If you are down by 3 against one of the best teams you can play against, you just cannot win in 20 minutes even if you do everything right. You need your opponent to do a lot things wrong to make something like that happen. Canada played really bad.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Sorry to hijack the thread but can somebody shoot me a link of the boxscore of the game?
Can't find one. :help:

Second Breakfast

Jul 4, 2010
Sherwood Park, AB
Depends on what person from what country you ask haha

It was both but imo that was so bad a 3rd period by Canada I think the USA and Sweden could have potentially done the same as Russia.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I say both.

You have to be able to hold a three goal lead at an elite level, but I don't want to take anything away from the comeback the Russians launched.

Pyke*

Collapse. By far. Russia is good, but Canada could have and should have won this game.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
Its obviously both. Hockey is inherently a zero-sum game: one team's success is another team's failure. The two are intractably linked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad