Greatest 1-2 Punch<> Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulok*

Gretzky/Kurri: Is there any better? heck the perfect passer and perfect sniper

Lemieux/Jagr: Slick moves.....Slick Skating....Sick scoring

Hull/Oates: Like a puzzle. These two together in their primes challenged records

Esposito/Orr: Orr to Esposito.....nightmare for the opposition

Lafleur/Shutt: skate..shoot..score..and play defense all on the same shift

Trottier/Bossy: The tenacity and the capacity to score at will

Sakic and Forsberg ...Yzerman and Federov ...... the Sedin twins LOL maybe not the Sedin twins are not included cuz most of thier times were spent skating on different lines. Vote on ... and explain whys the reason you picked the best.

jb**

soulok said:
Gretzky/Kurri: Is there any better? heck the perfect passer and perfect sniper

Lemieux/Jagr: Slick moves.....Slick Skating....Sick scoring

Hull/Oates: Like a puzzle. These two together in their primes challenged records

Esposito/Orr: Orr to Esposito.....nightmare for the opposition

Lafleur/Shutt: skate..shoot..score..and play defense all on the same shift

Trottier/Bossy: The tenacity and the capacity to score at will

Sakic and Forsberg ...Yzerman and Federov ...... the Sedin twins LOL maybe not the Sedin twins are not included cuz most of thier times were spent skating on different lines. Vote on ... and explain whys the reason you picked the best.

Lindorss Leclaire was only for a few years, however was very dominant

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Is your poll just for those listed? i.e. lots of other great duos, Howe-Lindsey, Hull-Mikita, Dionne-Taylor, etc.

Lemieux and Jagr never played together very much.

When Mario was really racking up the points, Paul Coffey was behind him. Those two, in their prime, on a powerplay were a sight to behold. Two of the most gifted offensive players ever. The Pens set the record for most powerplay goals in a season (late 1980's) which still stands. Considering the great Oilers powerplay of the 1980's, that's impressive.

Those two would get my vote, even though they only played together for a few years.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Gretzky and Kurri may have had more playing time together and clicked as good as anyone but you cant go with anyone else than Lemieux and Jagr. Lemieux the most naturally talented player ever and Jagr possibly the second most? It may have been for a short time but in '95-96 Lemieux had 160 points. Jagr had 149. Wow!

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
Big Phil said:
It may have been for a short time but in '95-96 Lemieux had 160 points. Jagr had 149. Wow!
In 1985-86 Wayne Gretzky had more assists (163) than Mario Lemieux had points in 1995-96. During that 1985-86 season, Gretzky had 215 points while Jari Kurri had 131 points. That followed their impressive 1984-85 campaign which saw Gretzy tally 208 points while Kurri added 135 points.

chooch*

David Puddy said:
In 1985-86 Wayne Gretzky had more assists (163) than Mario Lemieux had points in 1995-96. During that 1985-86 season, Gretzky had 215 points while Jari Kurri had 131 points. That followed their impressive 1984-85 campaign which saw Gretzy tally 208 points while Kurri added 135 points.

Yeah but 99 and 17 played in a time when Wayne Babych had 50 goals and DIno Ciccarelli 600 career goals (more than rocket, Guy and Jean).

what about Morenz and Joliat? Rocket and Blake? Lafleur and Larouche had 50 each in 1980.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I vote for Sakic and Forsberg, with Yzerman and Fedorov a close second.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
moneyp said:
Beliveau-Richard!
Only on the PP.

Anyway I might have to take my homer pick of Lemieux and Jagr away. When Lemieux finally played a regular shift with Jagr he was awsome but it was still post back injury and Lemieux wasn't the same player.

As for best ever, I'm torn between Gretzky/Kurri and Trottier/Bossy. Gretzky/Kurri was just so dominating and Trottier/Bossy posted some huge numbers while still playing a two way game in the Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad