Great NHL Players who we're not so good with the Habs?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Pierre, I don't remember Sylvain that much.
Sylvain was drafted 2nd overall by Hartford in 1984 (his brother Pierre was taken 1st overall in 87) He scored 40 goals in his rookie year and a career high of 45 goals in his third year. He got traded to New Jersey where he scored 30 goals and then got traded to the Habs where he only played 75 games over two seasons and scored a combined 14 goals and 18 assists. Then he was traded to the Sens and scored 25 goals the very next year.

Basically, his time as a Hab was a statistical black hole.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I can still vividly remember Bob Cole yelling "Desjardins", he is forever burned in my memory, a beautiful player.
It's the one good game Desjardins had in an otherwise forgettable career. He was just a slightly better version of Brisebois; another big man who played small and was afraid of contact. I have no time for any player, especially a defenseman, who pushes and shoves but doesn't hit. Play like a friggin' man or GTFO because this ain't soccer. The Flyers stupidly made Desjardins their captain for a time but soon realized their error and stripped him of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->