Great Fight Debate - III

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He made a run at a finesse guy important to the Bruins because his team is a dumpster wild card.
no he didn`t, shoulder to shoulder hit on a player who saw him coming and engaged with him, unfortunately it wound up the way it did, it was a textbook clean hit

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I don't like goons but I think fighting has a place in the game. It seems to me generally less dangerous than hitting especially considering the speed at which the game is played these days. Emotions run high...let them duke it out. Ultimately the fights are useless because most often they just punch the helmet or visor which can't be much fun. For what it's worth I got a diagnosed concussion playing volleyball LOL.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I don't like goons but I think fighting has a place in the game. It seems to me generally less dangerous than hitting especially considering the speed at which the game is played these days. Emotions run high...let them duke it out. Ultimately the fights are useless because most often they just punch the helmet or visor which can't be much fun. For what it's worth I got a diagnosed concussion playing volleyball LOL.
I have had four concussions in my life. The first when I was delivery papers and I fell and hit the back of my head on the ice. I was 11. The second I was on a ladder and it slid out at the bottom. I was 13. Both of those my parents had to wake me up every hour during the night. This was doctors orders. The third was a car accident when I was 27. The most recent was about four years ago when I slipped off a dock and hit the back of my head getting into my boat. Light, sound and pretty much everything made me sick to my stomach. The last one was the worst, maybe because I was 49?

I think they get progressively worse?

Most NHL concussions come from cheap-shots and not fighting. Fighting should continue.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I have had four concussions in my life. The first when I was delivery papers and I fell and hit the back of my head on the ice. I was 11. The second I was on a ladder and it slid out at the bottom. I was 13. Both of those my parents had to wake me up every hour during the night. This was doctors orders. The third was a car accident when I was 27. The most recent was about four years ago when I slipped off a dock and hit the back of my head getting into my boat. Light, sound and pretty much everything made me sick to my stomach. The last one was the worst, maybe because I was 49?

I think they get progressively worse?

Most NHL concussions come from cheap-shots and not fighting. Fighting should continue.

Sorry to hear that. I have surely had at least three and probably four or more. Who really knows? A couple of the variety you describe of falling. I agree that the concussions are more likely to come from the run of play than from fighting. If anything the NHL should be discussing a way to slow the game down if they want to reduce concussions.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Wasn't sure where to put this but what a disgusting hit by a useless goon again in the AHL. Gaunce was playing well and figured into our plans I'm sure. down the road.

Secondly, those two Bruins that skated right past McCarron need to sit a game or two. Are hockey players that robotic and desensitized to these things now where they can't even muster up some anger or show of aggressiveness?

Need to get Bjork up here stat before something bad happens to him again

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Breen and Sherman and anyone who can fight had better be forcing the issue next time after his hit on Gaunce.

No taking 'no' or turtling like a Hab for an answer.

Wasn't sure where to put this but what a disgusting hit by a useless goon again in the AHL. Gaunce was playing well and figured into our plans I'm sure. down the road.

Secondly, those two Bruins that skated right past McCarron need to sit a game or two. Are hockey players that robotic and desensitized to these things now where they can't even muster up some anger or show of aggressiveness?

Need to get Bjork up here stat before something bad happens to him again

Next time they play, they need to target Laval's best players. Letting this idiot run around and hurt guys can't be tolerated.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
So, McCarron makes a bad hit on Cehlarik, Breen tunes him up. Next game McCarron makes a worse hit on Gaunce. So...how did the previous fight deter him again??

So what do you suggest they should do? I'd like them to target Laval's best players and let them know if this idiot is going to run around and cheap shot guys - they better be ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->