Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This thread really needs to die

Nope. Its the only way we can keep this asinine arguement from contaminating other threads where people want to discuss other things.

It stays.

If others hijack other threads additional actions will be taken.

If anyone doesnt want to swim in this toilet - stay out. Ignore the thread.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I posted this on last nights game thread. The Bruins at present are a very soft team . If you want and expect them to contend they have to get TOUGHER

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Nope. Its the only way we can keep this asinine arguement from contaminating other threads where people want to discuss other things.

I stays.

If others hijack other threads additional actions will be taken.

If anyone doesnt want to swim in this toilet - stay out. Ignore the thread.

You may want to stroll over to the PGT, it’s breaking out there too.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I posted this on last nights game thread. The Bruins at present are a very soft team . If you want and expect them to contend they have to get TOUGHER

You mean like the Caps, who let the Jets knock two stars out of the game on bad hits and didn’t respond at all? Tough like them?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I mean tough like the 2011 BRUINS

The 2011 season was was 8 years ago. The league has become more speed oriented and today’s rosters have a different flavor.

The 2010-11 was tough in more ways than one. I wouldn’t mind more team toughness from this year’s B’s, but I don’t think you will see a roster with the actual “fighting toughness” of that roster again.

Reactions: LSCII

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins are second in the league in fights. BUT WE NEEDZZZ MOARRRR TOUGHNESSS ARRRRRRRRRR

Reactions: LSCII

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
The 2011 season was was 8 years ago. The league has become more speed oriented and today’s rosters have a different flavor.

The 2010-11 was tough in more ways than one. I wouldn’t mind more team toughness from this year’s B’s, but I don’t think you will see a roster with the actual “fighting toughness” of that roster again.

That is fine that the game has changed. What is not fine is that the 2018 Bruins are very soft, by 2018 standards.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That is fine that the game has changed. What is not fine is that the 2018 Bruins are very soft, by 2018 standards.

The whole hockey world knows it. As we argue if we want to be tough or tough fighting or whatever nonsense, Teams are lining us up or doing whatever they can get away with. Expect this to continue

Reactions: bme44

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Bruins are second in the league in fights. BUT WE NEEDZZZ MOARRRR TOUGHNESSS ARRRRRRRRRR

Oh yes, the massive haymakers and fear spread by the likes of Kuraly, Krug, Marchand, Accari, Clifton and Nordstrom is spreading around the league?

LOL, did you think nobody any idea of what our fight card looks like, I'll be disingenuous too and leave out Miller.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Oh yes, the massive haymakers and fear spread by the likes of Kuraly, Marchand, Accari, Clifton and Nordstrom is spreading around the league?

LOL, did nobody has any idea of what our fight card looks like, I'll be disingenuous too and leave out Miller.

Teams hope the bear stays in hibernation as long as possible

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
The Bruins need some tough players to be contenders Adam Mc Quaid Tough. Not Chris Wagner and Noel Acciari tough (very soft tough) can provide a solid check but can not back it up. If this teams wants to contend it is time to get some toughness in the line up

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
There is no point to your post.

It's absurd.

To use second in the league in fights as some benchmark in toughness when 80% were retaliatory fights by greatly overreaching Bruins is absurd.

We might as well drag Campbell out of retirement to have his snots pushed in by every tough guy in the league, that'll show em!

The point is ( again, which seems to go over your head ) is the league as a whole is trending away from fighting. If you think that's absurd, then f***ing do some research before crying about it. A team that you deem as soft and lacks toughness is second in the league in fighting. What does that say for the rest of the teams? Like it or not, toughness/fighting aren't as valued traits as they use to be.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
The point is ( again, which seems to go over your head ) is the league as a whole is trending away from fighting. If you think that's absurd, then ****ing do some research before crying about it. A team that you deem as soft and lacks toughness is second in the league in fighting. What does that say for the rest of the teams? Like it or not, toughness/fighting aren't as valued traits as they use to be.

WHY would any team be afraid to fight the present day Bruins? They are second in the league in fights because they are soft and easy picking.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
WHY would any team be afraid to fight the present day Bruins? They are second in the league in fights because they are soft and easy picking.

And why should any team be afraid to fight another team? What point do you think that serves? Seriously, think this out in your head and see if it makes sense to you.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
The point is ( again, which seems to go over your head ) is the league as a whole is trending away from fighting. If you think that's absurd, then ****ing do some research before crying about it. A team that you deem as soft and lacks toughness is second in the league in fighting. What does that say for the rest of the teams? Like it or not, toughness/fighting aren't as valued traits as they use to be.

NORDSTROM, MARCHAND, KURALY, KRUG these are NOT FIGHTERS.

These are guys getting pushed so hard or their mates so hard that they are answering bells far out of their class.

We have one legit fighters fight, ONE.

one.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
And why should any team be afraid to fight another team? What point do you think that serves? Seriously, think this out in your head and see if it makes sense to you.

Hockey is a physical which is about creating space to make plays. Do I need to break it down
further ?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I’m pretty sure hockey is about scoring more goals than the team you are playing?

I am also pretty sure creating the space to score the goals. Is a key factor. Creating space space allows you to score goals. There is many ways this space can be created and physical play is one

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I’m pretty sure hockey is about scoring more goals than the team you are playing?

jeremyjacobs-3947*1024xx2400-1350-0-125.jpg

This guy says it's about 7$ hot dogs and 5$ cokes!

:naughty:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
NORDSTROM, MARCHAND, KURALY, KRUG these are NOT FIGHTERS.

These are guys getting pushed so hard or their mates so hard that they are answering bells far out of their class.

We have one legit fighters fight, ONE.

one.

Let’s take a look at the B’s rivals in the division:

How many legit fighters does Tampa have?

(Hint: It’s a number less than one)

Toronto?

(Also a number less than one)

Buffalo?

(One, Bogosian, and I’m not sure he’s even a legit fighter? 19 fights in 10 NHL seasons. I think he’s just fighting because BUF has nobody else)

Reactions: Orr Fourever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad