GREAT Draft Article...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Pouliot 9th, amazing, hes looking to be one of the most anticipated Wolf since Pyatt in 99(who was drafted 8th), and I've seen him play and yep, hes that good, if not better, seems that whenever a team trys to ploy a certain defense against Pouliot, he figures a way around it, and has a very nice shot.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
A Lone Wolf said:
Pouliot 9th, amazing, hes looking to be one of the most anticipated Wolf since Pyatt in 99(who was drafted 8th), and I've seen him play and yep, hes that good, if not better, seems that whenever a team trys to ploy a certain defense against Pouliot, he figures a way around it, and has a very nice shot.

Sudbury is becoming/will be a powerhouse in a short amount of time. With Pouliot, Staal, and Lamb as '87s and McDonough and Foligno as '88s, they are stacked with talented draft eligible players. If you could answer this, how good are these two '88s specifically? And should Staal be considered for a top 15 bid?

Thanks.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Balej's Dance said:
Sudbury is becoming/will be a powerhouse in a short amount of time. With Pouliot, Staal, and Lamb as '87s and McDonough and Foligno as '88s, they are stacked with talented draft eligible players. If you could answer this, how good are these two '88s specifically? And should Staal be considered for a top 15 bid?

Thanks.

Mcdonough is looking to be a first rounder at this point, he just needs to add some size. Foligno, well, I dont know where he'll end up in next years draft, he will go anywhere from 1st round or 2nd round, it'll depend on how well he develops with all the extra ice time hes getting cause of his father. Also, Mcdonough and Pouliot are on the same line, with Edmontons 03 3rd Round Pick Stortini playing the other wing, and yep, they form the PMS line :) And as for Staal, yep, he should be considered top 15, hes showing some offense, and a lot of grit, great skating, pretty much a stay at home defenseman with some offensive upside, and by far he looks better then Kindl. And with a lockout year, the Wolves are averaging over 4100 fans a game, and considering the arena only has 4100 seats, 1900 Standing room only, it gets pretty packed in there, so the prospects are getting a good dose of fan support.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
O'Marra seems to be this year's version of Andrew Ladd. Good offensive production backed by a solid frame and physical play. There seems to be a few poeple on these boards not high on O'Marra, but they've yet to elaborate why.

I think the #3 spot is pretty much up in the air right now on everyone's list, especially given the way Kindl and Latendresse have started out, so O'Marra seems like as good a choice as any - even if he's there in very light pencil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad