Graz's Re-draft GM Game: DISCUSSION

JonnyGraz

Feb 10, 2014
Graz's Re-draft GM Game

:nhl

General:
Ever wonder if you could re-create history? Will this is your chance! This game will aim to completely re-create all the NHL drafts from 2003 to present. Each GM will have a total of 32 picks, which they could create a full roster. The completed rosters will then be voted upon to see who will win the Stanley Cup and the Re-builder Cup. So what are you waiting for? Post your team below to secure a spot.

Draft:
There will be a total of 16 drafts, 15 of which are for players drafted between and including 2003 and 2017. The last draft will be a miscellaneous draft for all other players who were not drafted between 2003 and 2017. The miscellaneous draft will include the following: Undrafted players and players drafted before 2003 and after 2017 (Duncan Keith, Rasmus Dahlin, etc.). The miscellaneous draft might be 3 to 4 rounds depending on the level of talent left over.

Apparently there are one or two players that were drafted in two different years. If this is the case with any player, for this game, their official draft year will be the first year they were drafted. An example of this can be found in Frederik Andersen, who was drafted in both 2010 and in 2012. In this case, Andersen would be eligible to be selected in the 2010 re-draft, not 2012.

To cut down on time and to keep the game moving, there will be three drafts at a time, with a two hour clock for each. The draft will be a snake draft. Every two years the draft order will be randomized. This meaning, if you get the first pick in 2003 you will have the last pick in 2004. 2005 will be completely random. You are not allowed to pick 3 or more goalies. Picks will be skipped on a strict basis but there will be no auto skips. Please send a list if you know you will not be available. Please PM whoever is next.

Trades:
You are allowed to trade draft picks. You are not allowed to trade 3 or more assets for 1 or two assets, there must be an even amount of assets traded between the two participants.

Extra Info:
There will be no salary cap. All rosters must be up to date after the end of each draft period. After all drafts are completed there will be a short time period for trades and voting will commence. There will be no free agency period. All players not selected after the miscellaneous draft will be removed from the game entirely. If you do not have two actual goalies by the end of the trade period you will be disqualified for voting. If you become inactive you will be removed from the game.

Timeline*:
6/29 - 7/1:
7/2 - 7/4: 2003, 2004 and 2005 drafts
7/5 - 7/7: 2006, 2007 and 2008 drafts
7/8 - 7/10: 2009, 20010, 2011 drafts
7/11 - 7/13: 2012, 2013, 2014 drafts
7/14 - 7/16: 2015, 2016, 2017 drafts
7/17 - 7/20: Miscellaneous draft
7/21 - 7/22: Draft and finalize rosters.
7/23: Voting begins
* dates are subject to change

Gm's:
JonnyGraz
Pucker77
TakinMaattaOnMyRide
Scholarships
Joey Moss
MasterMatt25
AveryStar4Eva
SJSharks39
LatvianTwist

Offical Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Special thanks to Chet Donnelly for the idea and some parts of OP

Last edited:

JonnyGraz

Feb 10, 2014
Alright... I'm going to start everything up! Hopefully everyone will be ready to start by tomorrow.

Draft List for 2003 (Generated by Random.org) :
  1. TakinMaattaOnMyRide
  2. SJSharks39
  3. JonnyGraz
  4. AveryStar4Eva
  5. Pucker77
  6. Joey Moss
  7. Scholarships
  8. LatvianTwist
  9. MasterMatt25
Draft List for 2004 (Opposite of 2003) :
  1. MasterMatt25
  2. LatvianTwist
  3. Scholarships
  4. Joey Moss
  5. Pucker77
  6. AveryStar4Eva
  7. JonnyGraz
  8. SJSharks39
  9. TakinMaattaOnMyRide
Draft list for 2005 (Generated by Random.org) :
  1. Joey Moss
  2. SJSharks39
  3. AveryStar4Eva
  4. Scholarships
  5. Pucker77
  6. MasterMatt25
  7. TakinMaattaOnMyRide
  8. JonnyGraz
  9. LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You're up in '04.

@JonnyGraz when you get a chance can you post draft order for all the drafts? Some picks in the drafts going on now may be impacted by who you can get in other years.

That's part of the strategy, is planning things out and adjusting lists.

Coordinating 16 drafts at once is also mayhem.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
That's part of the strategy, is planning things out and adjusting lists.

Coordinating 16 drafts at once is also mayhem.
I'm not saying start the drafts but if we know the order of them at least you can get more an idea.. Maybe you can pass on a certain position and get it later.

Scholarships

10 Piece
Apr 3, 2016
It’s 3 drafts per day.

Also, I agree the draft orders for each draft should be released. Please do thanks <3

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wait we're drafting all 3 at once? Not one year at a time?

Three drafts will run simultaneously, yes. It would take far too long to get through one draft at a time, especially with the lack of activity recently.

Hell, if everyone were to get together in a chat room, we could honestly knock out 5-10 drafts in one night.

JonnyGraz

Feb 10, 2014
Wow this game has gotten off to a blistering pace! I love it! If the majority want me to post every single draft order I will. I just thought it would be better to do 3 (technically 4) at a time so there would be less confusion in the future. Like this message, if you want me to post every year. I am saying no but I'm open to change.

Added discord chat in OP. Join if you want to have a chat!

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Wow this game has gotten off to a blistering pace! I love it! If the majority want me to post every single draft order I will. I just thought it would be better to do 3 (technically 4) at a time so there would be less confusion in the future. Like this message, if you want me to post every year. I am saying no but I'm open to change.

Added discord chat in OP. Join if you want to have a chat!
You don't have to start the drafts but if we just know the orders that would help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->