Value of: Graves and Jost

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
We just signed Torey Krug, who is a better version of Vince Dunn, to a 7 yr contract. Dunn could turn into a player as good, or possibly better, than Krug, but I think Graves projects as a more two-way defenseman, which is a better fit for our team needs.

I like Dunn but the eye test tells me I like Graves more. I wouldn't make that trade if I was Sakic.

Also I doubt Dunn can ever match Krugs point production even if he got PP1 time, and considering how much size he has over Krug he isn't really that much better in his own end.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Drouin is worth less than Jost, should have taken the offer.
Can’t because of the chemistry he has with Suzuki and having co-led the Habs in points in the playins. Plus, our AHL team already has its C’s so no room for Jost.

BTW, i am surprised the Avs didn’t sign Thornton as 3C. He’s big, strong, wins faceoffs and just as slow as Jost and cheaper contract. Huge upgrade.

Last edited:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
AVs have a stacked team and regularly plays on the 3rd line which is bottom 6. Not skilled enough for the AVs, but not useless either. Few players from his draft outperformed in their career.
What the hell has that to do with you claiming he is excellent?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Can’t because of the chemistry he has with Suzuki and having co-led the Habs in points in the playins. Plus, our AHL team already has its C’s so no room for Jost.

BTW, i am surprised the Avs didn’t sign Thornton as 3C. He’s big, strong, wins faceoffs and just as slow as Jost and cheaper contract. Huge upgrade.

With the compressed schedule depth will be important, so it’s more important to have guys on the 3rd line who can play on the other lines as needed. Having a slow line that doesn’t play transition like the rest of the team (including the defensemen) doesn’t make sense.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Jost is to Colorado fans what Bracco was to Leafs fans a couple years ago.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Jost is to Colorado fans what Bracco was to Leafs fans a couple years ago.

I think that is a poor comparison. Jost has been hitting around 25 points and double digit goals in a secondary role as a very young player in the NHL. Bracco never really played in the NHL.

Reactions: Psycho Mantis

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I think that is a poor comparison. Jost has been hitting around 25 points and double digit goals in a secondary role as a very young player in the NHL. Bracco never really played in the NHL.

Yes, post 51 had it right. He’s probably more productive than Avs give him credit for. It’s just that he’s frustrating to watch since he’s not a stylistic fit. He has good analytics too for what that’s worth. As others were saying, he could possibly thrive somewhere else.

People on here pretending to know all about the Avs should know this. :D

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Jost is completely superfluous at this point. He's not going to usurp anyone from the roster when everyone's healthy. A draft pick or prospect for him just to give him a shot somewhere else will do. As far as Graves goes, hands off. With Z gone, and prospects presumably making the roster, we need a defensive defenceman more than ever. Theoretically running Makar, Girard, Toews, Byram, and Timmins is asking for trouble.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
You’re right, of course. I was being facetious. More comparing how Avs fans are talking about the player to how Leafs fans were talking about Bracco. But of course Jost is better than Bracco. Still wouldn’t trade for either ;)

Reactions: Goulet17

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yes, post 51 had it right. He’s probably more productive than Avs give him credit for. It’s just that he’s frustrating to watch since he’s not a stylistic fit. He has good analytics too for what that’s worth. As others were saying, he could possibly thrive somewhere else.

People on here pretending to know all about the Avs should know this. :D
Underperforming player with good analytics? Get Dubas on the line!

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Jost is like McDavid speed compared to Thornton.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
What??? How on Earth are the Avs supposed to do this.

We need to move cap ideally not add it.

You are correct, my apologies.

My rolling CapFriendly I was working with had a forward traded away on it that I had forgotten I had made. [hoped for is probably more accurate]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->