News Article: Grantland: The Sun is Rising in Buffalo

Eichphoria

Oct 13, 2015
What a wonderful article. Nice to see Buffalo getting good reviews nationally more and more.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
A great piece indeed. I like how the writer makes a point of Pegula's vision of changing the city by purchasing it's sports teams, that the sports and the community is linked, and that she kind of emphasizes that point by doing the same in the article. This could have easily been two separate articles; one about the Sabres, one about the city of Buffalo. I really like that it's not. It's about One Buffalo.

And now I just want to come here even more. I doubt that I will ever get the opportunity, but Buffalo has sky rocketed to the top of my list of places where I dream to go. In the past it was just to get to watch the Sabres. Now I want to experience the city as well.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
A great piece indeed. I like how the writer makes a point of Pegula's vision of changing the city by purchasing it's sports teams, that the sports and the community is linked, and that she kind of emphasizes that point by doing the same in the article. This could have easily been two separate articles; one about the Sabres, one about the city of Buffalo. I really like that it's not. It's about One Buffalo.

And now I just want to come here even more. I doubt that I will ever get the opportunity, but Buffalo has sky rocketed to the top of my list of places where I dream to go. In the past it was just to get to watch the Sabres. Now I want to experience the city as well.

Who would have thought even 5 years ago pre Pegula that someone from such a developed and gorgeous country like Sweden would want to come visit and experience Buffalo.

Pegula really is a savior for the city. Now we just need another one or two more billionaires with local ties to pump in a few hundred mil :laugh:

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Katie is such a tremendous writer. It's nice to see Buffalo being the focus of some of these articles.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Thanks for posting that! Great article. I'm happy to be at least loosely, tangentially connected to the city and the Sabres organization these days, but that article, periodic visits, seeing the recent transformation downtown, and reading similar UB-related stories almost creates a sense of longing for the hometown I haven't felt since leaving. Very nice to see/read and long, long overdue for the city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad