Recalled/Assigned: Granlund, Veilleux, and Dowell recalled

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Not trying to make this lines combo thread but anyways want to correct my thoughts.... I don't think we can break up the Cullen line they have been the best line this series. So if Pommers can play. The lines in no order....

Parise-Granlund-Coyle
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
Butch-Koivu-Pommers
Mitchell-Brodz-Clutter

Then whatev on the PP its not working anyways.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
Not trying to make this lines combo thread but anyways want to correct my thoughts.... I don't think we can break up the Cullen line they have been the best line this series. So if Pommers can play. The lines in no order....

Parise-Granlund-Coyle
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
Butch-Koivu-Pommers
Mitchell-Brodz-Clutter

As someone previously quoted, it seems that we're just trying everything to see what works and as it looks right now, anythings better than what we've done so far so I'm actually feeling Granlund on the same line as Parise and Coyle. I think Koivu could be great with Pommers and Butch.

Hell, it's the best thing we can do since we have nothing to loose.

THEKOSTAJA

Apr 7, 2013
Turku

Parise-Granlund-Coyle
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
Butch-Koivu-Pommers
Mitchell-Brodz-Clutter

Too bad that there is no chance that Yeo would try even anything close to this.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
coyle isn't a first line winger--he's a decent standin, doing a good job considering winger. shifting koivu down to the third line while leaving coyle up top is just a little on the crazy side.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
coyle isn't a first line winger--he's a decent standin, doing a good job considering winger. shifting koivu down to the third line while leaving coyle up top is just a little on the crazy side.

As I said before I'm not a fan of "numbering" lines. I'm just attempting to put the puzzle pieces that we have together and trying to get the most out of those pieces.

Now with those lines Yeo would have to know how to match the opponents lines which he can't.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Russo is saying he's hearing the 4th line will be Veilleux - Dowell - Mitchell. Rupp and Zenopka scratched.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Now hearing Rupp may play and not Dowell
-Russo

Last edited:

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Surprised Fontaine was not called up. I don't think Granlund would bring anything more than Bouchard at this point. Hope Veilleux's energy can rub off on some of his teammates.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Really hoping Veilleux stays in the lineup. Played his role flawlessly tonight and really established the tone of the game early on in a great way. You can always count on him to set an example with his shifts, too; he's the antithesis of this team's consistency issues.

I don't think there's a place for Granlund ATM. PMB has made him somewhat redundant.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
PMB was awesome today. If he keeps this up I would like to see him back next year. I've never been the one putting him down, long time fan of his.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Really hoping Veilleux stays in the lineup. Played his role flawlessly tonight and really established the tone of the game early on in a great way. You can always count on him to set an example with his shifts, too; he's the antithesis of this team's consistency issues.

I don't think there's a place for Granlund ATM. PMB has made him somewhat redundant.

Well Rupp should be out, so I think he's got a good shot of staying in. What's Konopka's status? I'd like to see a really fun 4th line with Mitchell, Veilleux, and someone else like those two.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
This is a bit painful to admit, but I really liked Veilleux' game last night. He was fast and provided a lot of energy. As long as we acknowledge he's a 4th liner, I think he really fits well with Mitchell. Should we think about keeping him around next season?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
This is a bit painful to admit, but I really liked Veilleux' game last night. He was fast and provided a lot of energy. As long as we acknowledge he's a 4th liner, I think he really fits well with Mitchell. Should we think about keeping him around next season?

I would love that. He's not flashy or super talented, but his job is to provide energy and honestly I think he might be the most consistent in that role of anyone in the league. You know exactly what you're getting from him every game, every shift, every second. That can be a huge asset for a coach.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I thought Veilleux looked good last night. For a fourth liner of course. But he had more speed than Rupp and could force turnovers. I would not mind seeing Mitchell centering Veilleux and Dowell next game and those guys touch the ice maybe 2-3 times per period.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Veilleux is a 4th liner. He knows he's a fourth liner. In fact he plays like he relishes his role as a fourth liner. He plays every game like he is a kid living his childhood dream. He brings an incredible amount of energy every shift, and he gives a consistent effort every single game.

Should we bring him back next year as a mainstay of the fourth line? Absolutely.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Veilleux - Mitchell - Rupp would be a fantastic fourth line going into next season. I would really like if we went with that. As long as Rupp is healthy of course.

Quicy

Jun 24, 2012
Konopka, Rupp, Dowell and Mitchell all are signed on one-way contracts for next year. That could make it tough for Veilleux to have a spot next year.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Konopka, Rupp, Dowell and Mitchell all are signed on one-way contracts for next year. That could make it tough for Veilleux to have a spot next year.

Ugh. This is one of my biggest complaints about Fletch. Gives out one-way contracts like candy.

Billy Mays Here*

Liked Veilleux yesterday as well. Definitely brings energy to that line. I could see him being an extra forward next season.

Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell
Veilleux

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad