Recalled/Assigned: Granlund, Veilleux, and Dowell recalled

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Yeo: More Grinders more grinders we need more ****ing grinders! O ya lets get Veilleux up here. Hes great at the old dump and chase.

mike-yeo-fist.jpeg

Usually I would be excited to see Veilleux but given we have scored three times in two games he isn't going to help. Meh

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
The Houston Aeros do play a deciding Game 5 tonight in Grand Rapids. Perhaps a couple players rush up here from Michigan on Sunday morning (a Mikael Granlund or a Justin Fontaine maybe?) or maybe tonight (Stephane Veilleux?).

Veilleux makes sense. Mike Rupp just looks to be immobilized by his banged-up knee and the Wild could use more speed and banging. I thought Zenon Konopka played a real good Game 1, but maybe the Wild looks to change up a few of the fourth-line forwards. We shall see. Torrey Mitchell can move to center if Veilleux slotted in and Rupp did play.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/206118301.html

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
our lack of energy has been killing us lately. lack of aggression. almost wish they'd approach the next game as if it was meaningless, pressure off, because if we keep playing uptight we have zero chance. like the call up. if nothing else, Steph is a good deal more mobile than the other grinders.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well at least Veilleux is a speedy ball of crazy. But this still feels like they're just throwing whatever they've got at the wall and praying like hell that something sticks.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Well at least Veilleux is a speedy ball of crazy. But this still feels like they're just throwing whatever they've got at the wall and praying like hell that something sticks.

its more of a shouldn't have to do it middle of the season wake up call.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's not really "meh". Actually, Veilleux will bring what the Wild missed in the playoffs so far. Energy.

Also, getting more leadership won't hurt the team that's for sure.
Exactly. He won't help as far as offense goes, but he'll be a lightning bug out there. It'll get the crowd going. It could shake the snow globe a bit, which is what the team needs. He may not score goals, but his actions could help create them.

J22*

Bad side- After watching last night I cant see how adding a guy who cant catch,pass,handle,shoot a puck, is going to help them.

Good side- Veilleux is a pretty good player as long as he doesnt ever have to actually touch the puck, and with the way the Hawks played last night, that might not be a problem for the Wild.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
he'll probably end up with a penalty in his first couple shifts, but it probably won't be a lazyass hook or tripping penalty.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well thats good. If we're gonna get a penalty, lets at least EARN it rather then get some candyass call like we always get.

Also, may as well just ship the whole Aeros squad up to St. Paul at this point.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Well thats good. If we're gonna get a penalty, lets at least EARN it rather then get some candyass call like we always get.

Also, may as well just ship the whole Aeros squad up to St. Paul at this point.
Oh the Wild have earned those calls, but they've earned it by being #$!@ing lazy and careless. While it'd be bad to get a call early in the game tomorrow, I'd still welcome a guy like SV who will no doubt put his heart into it. Cripes. They've tried everything else.

Let the bull out of the cage already. :biglaugh:

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
From what I've garnered by what the players and coach has been saying from before game 1, the Wild have been preparing not to win, but simply to not be dominated (of which they failed miserably last game). They don't seem to have a "let's go out and give 'em heck and win this thing!" attitude, they seem to have a "these guys are really good, so let's not try to do anything aggressive and just try to block shots." attitude.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
I'm to the point where I say **** it and call him up, he seems absolutely nuts.. maybe that's what we need.

But then in the back of my mind I feel like he will play a shift or two and take a horrendous penalty and be benched for the rest of the game.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Vay-yoo! Finally! Time to drop the energy bomb on the team.

How's Granlund looked down in Houston? If he found some flash to his game and looks a bit stronger on the puck, he could be a huge asset. Particularly since Chicago probably hasn't had a chance to scout him.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Crazy idea........
Parise-Granlund-Coyle
Cullen-Koivu-Seto

Parise and Coyle can make up for Granlunds poor board play and Defence. Granlund is quicker than Koivu which would help. Koivu gets more speed around him and a true shooter.

Granlund hasnt shown he deserves is heavy roll in TOI at all but hey is worth a try. Too bad this is not the time to try something crazy. /pipedream.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
From what I've garnered by what the players and coach has been saying from before game 1, the Wild have been preparing not to win, but simply to not be dominated (of which they failed miserably last game). They don't seem to have a "let's go out and give 'em heck and win this thing!" attitude, they seem to have a "these guys are really good, so let's not try to do anything aggressive and just try to block shots." attitude.

Sounds about right. That's the problem with this team. It plays to not lose rather than playing to win. Probably another problem of the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad