Granlund is beasting

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Damn I thought you died or something.
Didn't know "beasting" now applies when you average just a hair over two shots per game. A shooting % nearly three times over career average is the culprit. Granlund is being very opportunistic (two ENGs, a couple extremely soft goals, and some fortunate bounces--like today) and is always reliant on good linemates. Good for him, but I'd like to see him produce and carry a line that doesn't have great linemates that cover for his multiple glaring deficiencies in his skillset.

At least you have now come out and said that Eric Staal and Jason Zucker are GREAT hockey players.

Reactions: 2Pair and MNRube
Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
Didn't know "beasting" now applies when you average just a hair over two shots per game. A shooting % nearly three times over career average is the culprit. Granlund is being very opportunistic (two ENGs, a couple extremely soft goals, and some fortunate bounces--like today) and is always reliant on good linemates. Good for him, but I'd like to see him produce and carry a line that doesn't have great linemates that cover for his multiple glaring deficiencies in his skillset.
You’ve gotta have better things to do than troll HFboards

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.

Dm17K5ZwZXr8Ds0YDY2P6qMN03-3xrAhibp0amAwgw8.gif

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Traded Kovalchuk and Doughty for Granlund and S. Jones in my points pool (after like 5 games) this year... Best. Decision. EVER!

Granlund is a beast. QuantHockey's last 3 years (well last 2 + this season) show's him as the 26th overall leading scorer ahead of some pretty big names.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Traded Kovalchuk and Doughty for Granlund and S. Jones in my points pool (after like 5 games) this year... Best. Decision. EVER!

Granlund is a beast. QuantHockey's last 3 years (well last 2 + this season) show's him as the 26th overall leading scorer ahead of some pretty big names.
Granlund is a disgrace. Couldn't manage at center at the NHL level, and needs elite linemates to produce at wing. Same as Pulkkinen and Rajala, the finnish "all stars" from the U18 WJC back in the day.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto

I traded Kopitar and Provorov for Josi and Granlund. Pretty safe to say I absolutely fleeced the guy hahahaha I love it! Granlund is awesome

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Always liked him. His flaw is that he sometimes forces some passes that make you wonder why even try to pass it to that player. From the games I’ve seen, he also needs to shoot more.

I know the above is pretty generic for playmaking players, but it really applies to him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Always liked him. His flaw is that he sometimes forces some passes that make you wonder why even try to pass it to that player. From the games I’ve seen, he also needs to shoot more.

I know the above is pretty generic for playmaking players, but it really applies to him.
That was my complaint about him, too, but he is much better now. Last he year he had , what, 26 goals?, and is on track to score as much or more this year.

Bottom line, though, is if you have a chance to feed the puck to Dumba in shooting position then you do it, every time.

Reactions: TaLoN

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
That was my complaint about him, too, but he is much better now. Last he year he had , what, 26 goals?, and is on track to score as much or more this year.

Bottom line, though, is if you have a chance to feed the puck to Dumba in shooting position then you do it, every time.

I don’t disagree with you, but some of the passing lanes are just very low percentage that it would go through.

Gaudreau is very similar as he is a pass first guy too and sometimes he makes that extra pass and turns over a great opportunity to score himself.

Bottom line, when the passing works, it’s usually filthy what they can both do.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t disagree with you, but some of the passing lanes are just very low percentage that it would go through.

Gaudreau is very similar as he is a pass first guy too and sometimes he makes that extra pass and turns over a great opportunity to score himself.

Bottom line, when the passing works, it’s usually filthy what they can both do.

Yeah, he and Dumba lead the team in giveaways, usually, but in Granlund's case that's because he handles the puck the most. He is the Wild's version of P. Kane, who has been known to turnover the puck a time or two. Kane is much better, though Granlund is a better defensive player.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not sure I agree with that take. Offensive minded players who have the puck and make plays usually get higher giveaway stats just by the nature of the game. Suter is always right up there with both of them.

Go figure, 3 of our most common and best puck handlers. You make plays, not all of them are going to work.

Look at McDavid and his giveaways, look at Crosby and Malkin... they all have around the same or MUCH higher giveaway counts.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->