Granlund is beasting

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This guy has been a notorious slow starter each year, and that has generally stunted his point potential as he goes 5-10 games before starting to look like an NHL player, another 5-10 before looking like the player he's capable of being each year... until now.

This year was the first time he looked ready to go right out of the gates. No points the first 3 games as his linemates weren't as ready as he was, but was moved from Staal and Zucker as linemates back to Koivu and Parise, and he's been money ever since!

6g, 6a, 12pts in 9 straight games, putting him on a season pace higher than he's ever been! On pace for 41g, 41a, 82pts.

His snipe on that game winner last night showed he's definitely picked up his shot over the years as well, and he's not nearly afraid to use it as he used to be.

26yrs old, and he's still improving as a player!

Gaborik used to make shots like this look routine in a Wild uniform.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
He really looks like a star out there. His playmaking is one of the best in the league but what I've been even more impressed by is his defensive game. If wingers could get Selke-votes I'm sure he's one of the first players to deserve some.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Props to him, that goal in the Avs game where he roofed it into the smallest hole ever off the bounce was filthy.

paragon

May 5, 2010
What a mistake it was to give him only 3 years. He's going to hit free agency just as the window for Minnesota is closes. Parise is going to be 36 with his anchor of a contract, Suter 35. Spurgeon going to be UFA at the same time. If Granlund knows what is good for him, he will bail out.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Granlund is the only thing to excited with regarding the Wild, unfortunately.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hot take: Granlund sucks!

Edit. Didn't read the first post. Thought we were talking about Markkus. Sorry fellas.
there-are-two-granlunds.jpg

N9oKbPa.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wasn't very noticeable outside of that goal. Guy's really good though, glad he's worked out for the Wild.
He had an equally good chance in the 1st period but was robbed by the Blues tender. Hence the revenge comment in the posted tweet above.

The Wild overall looked tired, but since it was game 7 of a 7 game road trip, that was kind of expected.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Didn't know "beasting" now applies when you average just a hair over two shots per game. A shooting % nearly three times over career average is the culprit. Granlund is being very opportunistic (two ENGs, a couple extremely soft goals, and some fortunate bounces--like today) and is always reliant on good linemates. Good for him, but I'd like to see him produce and carry a line that doesn't have great linemates that cover for his multiple glaring deficiencies in his skillset.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Didn't know "beasting" now applies when you average just a hair over two shots per game. A shooting % nearly three times over career average is the culprit. Granlund is being very opportunistic (two ENGs, a couple extremely soft goals, and some fortunate bounces--like today) and is always reliant on good linemates. Good for him, but I'd like to see him produce and carry a line that doesn't have great linemates that cover for his multiple glaring deficiencies in his skillset.
On the Wild? Don't be ridiculous.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Damn I thought you died or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad