Proposal: Granlund for Fiala Redux

Who says no to a MiG/ Fiala Trade Reversal?

• Total voters

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Damn, would it have been too much to ask to spell out Granlund?

This is a MiG:

300px-Aviamix2015-03_%28cropped%29.jpg

The far more well-known MiG is the 15/21 generation.

mig21.jpg

Maybe you were thinking of the far superior Su-27 and its ilk. MiG-29 has been a failure, even the latest -29K naval variants.

Markus Granlund in Canada wants no association with that kit.

(I have a soft spot for the 21bis hot rods we used to have but that's old times.)

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Meh jury is still out on Fiala they are underlying numbers are pretty similar. However I still Think the Wild should have got more for Granlund.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I hope that I see enough from Granlund to have the strong love that he gets from Minnesota fans. You barely knew Granlund was on the team last year. I honestly forget to put him in our lineup when I am thinking through the roster. He was just there. I guess MAYBE that is better than Fiala who was turnover prone, but Fiala also had some pretty entries at the same time.

Granlund was a very different player in the first half of the season and his decline already started a month or two before the trade. There was even some speculation about him playing through a groin injury. Just looking at the stats, he had 37 points in the first 38 games and then only 12 in the 25 games before the trade.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Granlund was a very different player in the first half of the season and his decline already started a month or two before the trade. There was even some speculation about him playing through a groin injury. Just looking at the stats, he had 37 points in the first 38 games and then only 12 in the 25 games before the trade.
Count me in the optimistic crowd that thinks it was a combination of new team, new baby, new life, and prolonged injury that was a perfect storm to really crush his play. If we get the 0.8 ppg player to go with Duchenne then we are in business.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Poile would say no.

Granlund is going to have a really good year.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It still hurts me to see granny in a Nashville Jersey. I just wish he was out of the division.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I would probably take the trade back but I was a big Fiala fan. A good year by granlund and a reasonable extension would change my mind however

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
What was Granlund’s problem in Nashville last season?

Completely invisible, you couldn't even tell he was on the roster most nights. Having said that he was acquired at a pretty crazy time in his life, I'm sure with a proper training camp here he gets a nice fresh start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad