Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins are AHL CHAMPIONS!

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Unless Pare doesn't get any offers from Europe, he's staying in the AHL and with GR. I highly that happens though. He seems to be a good guy to have in the locker room too.

Doesn't the AHL have an archive of games along with the free streaming of the Finals? I'm sure some clips will appear on the youtube soon. Keep an eye on the Red Wings and Griffins youtube channels.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
Nothing against him, but he could get three times more money when exploring offers from KHL and Europe, than staying only at AHL-salary. Like he said, he will never be in NHL, so it's time to move on. AHL Championship is a perfect way to end his 5-year AHL-career.

Is there any other videos of those Championship celebrations/interwievs? I'd like to see them collected in here.

Pare may decide to stick around because he like the city and the team. Travis Richards did the same thing instead of pursue work in other cities or countries. Money is just part of the equation and it may not be the only major factor.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Congrats to the Griffins.

An exciting bunch of prospects down there. And a winning experience sure beats a losing one. This team should be loaded for the next couple years. The Wings develop from within strategy is sure going to make for some good Griffins hockey.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Thanks!

Looked pretty weird that Nick Jensen was there at celebrations, and didn't play a single game. Even Sproul played at 2 regular season games, but didn't see him there.

Junior guys were sent back to start bulking up for the summer. Some of the Griffins guys are pretty active on Twitter, don't check it a lot but of course last night they were all over it. Jensen basically said he felt weird being out there on twitter, didn't know what to do with his hands, aka he wouldn't touch the trophy.

My actual opinion is with him signing later and finally up to speed probably on the system they would of had to think hard on who to come in if another guy went down with Almqvist out. But him coming on the team sent Sproul home to prepare for the summer.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Fun to see a lot of these guys twitter accounts today. Don't really follow them regularly, but cool seeing a lot of former teammates and a bunch of people check in.

Tatar has shout outs from Fabian Brunnstrom, Brunner, Abdelkader. Brad May has congratulated a lot of the guys. Cool to see.

HTT3*

Gotta give Kenny Holland some credit for all the talent he's brought in, the upcoming future looks bright in the D. Many of those kids will likely be hoisting the Stanley Cup in the near future... they are all winners.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I have a feeling that Tvrdon isn't anywhere close to a regular spot in the GR lineup. Mostly because he walked under a ladder and didn't knock on wood. ;-)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad