Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think we have entered a point where it would be nice to see him stay healthy next year though, I do think it is important that he starts to get significantly more games. McIsaac is intriguing but I cannot really put him super high in future plans until he can get healthy, I hope that happens for him next year.

He would be ideal defensive 3rd pair guy for the future. Cheap and steady.

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
5-1 loss to the wolves

Scoring by:
Screenshot (162).png

Highlights:

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think we have entered a point where it would be nice to see him stay healthy next year though, I do think it is important that he starts to get significantly more games. McIsaac is intriguing but I cannot really put him super high in future plans until he can get healthy, I hope that happens for him next year.

Yeah he definitely cant be missing a bunch more time, but missing a chunk of a junior season and then a big part of this covid year isnt the death sentence like some people on here are thinking/saying it is either.

The griffins D isnt stacked right now by any means but in the 2 or 3 games I've watched of him in GR, hes definitely the most skilled down there and standing out in a good way. Hes on both special teams already as well. He looks like hes stepping into pro hockey and not missing a beat.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Great news. I’m putting him back into my top ten prospects list for the Wings

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah he definitely cant be missing a bunch more time, but missing a chunk of a junior season and then a big part of this covid year isnt the death sentence like some people on here are thinking/saying it is either.

The griffins D isnt stacked right now by any means but in the 2 or 3 games I've watched of him in GR, hes definitely the most skilled down there and standing out in a good way. Hes on both special teams already as well. He looks like hes stepping into pro hockey and not missing a beat.

How is McIsaac looking in transition? And how is his play on the boards?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The vets bringing in the points. Hope the young guns will step up!

There is hardly any young guns down there, especially at forward lol. Smith and Pearson might have a future in the bottom 6, and Grewe is junior aged still but playing pretty solid. Those 3 plus McIsaac and Sebrango are the only ones that I would consider having any chance of an NHL future and 2 of them are junior aged lol

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
There is hardly any young guns down there, especially at forward lol. Smith and Pearson might have a future in the bottom 6, and Grewe is junior aged still but playing pretty solid. Those 3 plus McIsaac and Sebrango are the only ones that I would consider having any chance of an NHL future and 2 of them are junior aged lol

Yeah, thats why I want them to bring the heat :)

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021

Have you heard any rumblings recently that the Wings might bring up Pearson next season?
I always liked him and would be ecstatic if he could become the long term solution at 4C

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Have you heard any rumblings recently that the Wings might bring up Pearson next season?
I always liked him and would be ecstatic if he could become the long term solution at 4C

I've heard the announcers at the griffins games talk about him having a future in Detroit multiple times. He seems like a good fourth line center type, I dont think he'll be anything special but hes big, good defensively, a little gritty and hes finally showing some offense as well. I generally think when the announcers down there say stuff like that, they hvae a little inside info. Like one of them probably heard Detroit is high on him in the bottom 6 in the future or something

Reactions: Christoph53

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
I've heard the announcers at the griffins games talk about him having a future in Detroit multiple times. He seems like a good fourth line center type, I dont think he'll be anything special but hes big, good defensively, a little gritty and hes finally showing some offense as well. I generally think when the announcers down there say stuff like that, they hvae a little inside info. Like one of them probably heard Detroit is high on him in the bottom 6 in the future or something

Great to hear, thanks for the response :)

Reactions: newfy

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
3-2 loss to the Ice Hogs tonight

Holway makes pro debut

Verbeek makes Griffin’s debut

Mcisaac gets his first pro point

Scoring by:
18BB8E5E-9BA1-4AAC-9798-5B15BFE89CC8.jpeg

Highlights: