Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-2020 Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Kevin Poulin will be playing his first game (2nd overall) in goal in front of the home fans as the Griffins and IceHogs battle for 4th place tonight and Friday night. Hirose will be back in the lineup for the Griffins and Tangradi will still be out. Hope to keep the winning streak going.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- seiders so alert and ALWAYS looking for any opening that develops to jump up on the attack . hes gonna bring 40 points with all world defense
- velenos looking to be bigger stronger than i thought

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
To anyone that has access to following the griffs, how has Svechnikov been looking as of late? What have been his strengths and weaknesses? I'm pulling for him to hopefully be part of pur big club in the future.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
To anyone that has access to following the griffs, how has Svechnikov been looking as of late? What have been his strengths and weaknesses? I'm pulling for him to hopefully be part of pur big club in the future.

Svech is a grinder along the boards and gives players fits when forechecking. Having problems scoring period. He has turned into a high schooler who is trying to learn how to do a slap shot and he keeps missing the puck and tonight he even fell on the ice after he missed. He is pressing so hard to contribute, but instead he is looking really bad out there. Not pretty to watch him play lately. Would not surprise me if Yzerman trades him elsewhere at the TDL.

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
Svech is a grinder along the boards and gives players fits when forechecking. Having problems scoring period. He has turned into a high schooler who is trying to learn how to do a slap shot and he keeps missing the puck and tonight he even fell on the ice after he missed. He is pressing so hard to contribute, but instead he is looking really bad out there. Not pretty to watch him play lately. Would not surprise me if Yzerman trades him elsewhere at the TDL.

Darn, that's unfortunate to hear. His play along the boards was something I took notice of in his short stint with the wings. Glad to hear that's still consistent. I guess it's going to take a while longer for him to regain form, which is understandable. Thanks for the input =)

Christien

May 1, 2010
Purely stat watching, but thought it was interesting that Kaski is producing well for Charlotte since his trade from the Griffins.

For the Griffins he played 19 games, had 5 points, and was a -8

For Charlotte so far he's at 12 games, 8 points, and a +6

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Really? Back injuries are terrible for athletes. Hearing it's a back injury/issue is much worse than a wrist issue from a slash.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Really? Back injuries are terrible for athletes. Hearing it's a back injury/issue is much worse than a wrist issue from a slash.

No. Back isn’t great and can be debilitating. but the wrist is the most vital upper body part in hockey.

I would agree if there wasn’t a history of wrist injuries. A one off? Sure but recurring wrist injuries would be worse than a one off back injury. (Which the way he described sounded like nagging soreness.)

Many types of back injuries. Many of which aren’t “chronic” and do not reoccur. only know so much but the way it was described didn’t sound like something that would effect him in the future. His wrist has been a problem in the past. It would have been terribly concerning if it was f***ing up again.

AttilaTheFun

Nov 18, 2018
No. Back isn’t great and can be debilitating. but the wrist is the most vital upper body part in hockey.

I would agree if there wasn’t a history of wrist injuries. A one off? Sure but recurring wrist injuries would be worse than a one off back injury. (Which the way he described sounded like nagging soreness.)

Many types of back injuries. Many of which aren’t “chronic” and do not reoccur. only know so much but the way it was described didn’t sound like something that would effect him in the future. His wrist has been a problem in the past. It would have been terribly concerning if it was ****ing up again.

Wasn't it Sergei Samsonov who started out as a super promising player but never fully recovered from a wrist injury? Any injury can have a huge impact if it gets to a certain point. I can also remember Hemsky always being out with shoulder injuries and Gaborik always being out with groin problems.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Wasn't it Sergei Samsonov who started out as a super promising player but never fully recovered from a wrist injury? Any injury can have a huge impact if it gets to a certain point. I can also remember Hemsky always being out with shoulder injuries and Gaborik always being out with groin problems.

right, that was my concern. Any recurring injury draws more concern.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
How has Kyle Wood playing since coming over from Carolina/Charlotte? Noticed he is goal-less. Does he get any PP time? Does he have a shot of seeing time with Wings?

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
How has Kyle Wood playing since coming over from Carolina/Charlotte? Noticed he is goal-less. Does he get any PP time? Does he have a shot of seeing time with Wings?

Big guy that takes up space and not afraid to check someone. Not the most mobile d-man out there. Not known for that. Plays mainly as a stay home type d-man. Have not seen him play on the PP as Seider is on one unit and Hicketts is on the other unit. I have only seen him play a couple games here so far and watch him online on a couple of other games. Highly doubt he will see action in Detroit for this season.

Too many others ahead of him (Hicketts, Seider, McIlrath, Lashoff, Lindstrom) on the d-man chart. McIlrath and Lashoff are rotating back and forth to Detroit lately, and Hicketts earlier in the season. Wings would want to look at Seider (up to 9 games) and Lindstrom before the end of the season.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Big guy that takes up space and not afraid to check someone. Not the most mobile d-man out there. Not known for that. Plays mainly as a stay home type d-man. Have not seen him play on the PP as Seider is on one unit and Hicketts is on the other unit. I have only seen him play a couple games here so far and watch him online on a couple of other games. Highly doubt he will see action in Detroit for this season.

Too many others ahead of him (Hicketts, Seider, McIlrath, Lashoff, Lindstrom) on the d-man chart. McIlrath and Lashoff are rotating back and forth to Detroit lately, and Hicketts earlier in the season. Wings would want to look at Seider (up to 9 games) and Lindstrom before the end of the season.
Thanks!!

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
ide grade elson better . the type player that does real important stuff thats un'statable . the type player thats always challenging for loose pucks and making plays that disrupt opponant progress and enhance ours

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
The rating scale is a bit different. The "B" is not just good but "B - Above Average play - Exceeds Expectations." Maybe remove the minus?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Personally how I’d score it (at least for the prospects that are more important for the future):

Veleno- A. To me he’s looks better at 19 on a worse Griffins squad than Zadina looked last year. He just looks so calm out there all the time like he’s been playing pro for years already.

Seider- A. Same calm that Veleno has. Doesn’t look like a rookie out there. Has a bit of edge to his game. Him and Hronek are going to make a nice first pairing down the road.

Rasmussen-A. When he’s healthy, he’s a force for the Griffs. Kid is strong af. Difficult to knock off the puck and surprisingly mobile for a man his size.

Smith-B+. I’m not the biggest fan of his, but I can see the appeal. He is what he is and he’s good at playing that agitator role that fans love. He’s going a better job of not taking dumb penalties but his overall upside leaves me wondering if he has a long term future for the wings.

Hirose-B. Pretty meh I guess. He’s producing but nothing about him wows me. Can’t decide if he’s a legitimate NHL forward or going to be one of those mercenary vet AHLer’s.

Lindstrom-C+. Sometimes he’s a pylon out there and other nights you don’t notice him (in a good way). Consistency is the name of the game for him.

Larsson-C. Don’t think he got much help early in the season but he also was letting in some shots he should have had.

Cholowski-D. Some tools and absolutely no tool box. Screams tweener d man ala McIlrath, Hicketts etc.

Svechnikov-D. At this point, if anyone wants to trade us anything for him, I’m all for it.

Reactions: BSHH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->