Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-2020 Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
gonna need a gif
Don't think there will be any video of it, because when it happened the camera wasn't on it. I just know it was a hard hit because of what Kaser said on the broadcast, I'll post one if I see one pop up though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seider just absolutely destroyed Mike Liambas

One of the scariest guys in the league to do that to, better keep his head up the rest of the game.

Not a bad period from GR there, better start than usual lately. Veleno reminds me of Givani Smith last year. If youb just look at his stats you would be really worried about him but every time I watch he passes the eye test with flying colours. He had a sick play where he picked up the puck in his own corner, made a couple good moves and all of a sudden he was gone on a fast break. Svechnikov hit the post at the end of the sequence but if hes doing stuff like that at 19/20 hell be fine. Hes goingt o be a long time pro

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
One of the scariest guys in the league to do that to, better keep his head up the rest of the game.

Not a bad period from GR there, better start than usual lately. Veleno reminds me of Givani Smith last year. If youb just look at his stats you would be really worried about him but every time I watch he passes the eye test with flying colours. He had a sick play where he picked up the puck in his own corner, made a couple good moves and all of a sudden he was gone on a fast break. Svechnikov hit the post at the end of the sequence but if hes doing stuff like that at 19/20 hell be fine. Hes goingt o be a long time pro
That's really good to hear :thumbu:

Christien

May 1, 2010
Another huge win for the Griffins. They had the Wild shutout about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd period, then they called Svechnikov for a somewhat weak call and the Wild tied it 1-1 immediately after they got on the PP. With just a few minutes to go in the game the Griffins got on a 5 on 3 powerplay and Puempel scored the eventual game winner with assists from Rasmussen and Ford. Givani Smith shortly after scored a empty netter with assists from Seider and Pickard. Smith got another empty netter a little while later, unassisted.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Another huge win for the Griffins. They had the Wild shutout about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd period, then they called Svechnikov for a somewhat weak call and the Wild tied it 1-1 immediately after they got on the PP. With just a few minutes to go in the game the Griffins got on a 5 on 3 powerplay and Puempel scored the eventual game winner with assists from Rasmussen and Ford. Givani Smith shortly after scored a empty netter with assists from Seider and Pickard. Smith got another empty netter a little while later, unassisted.

Veleno should end up getting an assist on the second Smith empty netter.

Edit.. just checked and Veleno did get the assist

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Could not happen to a better player than Liambas. He had no idea where he was after the hit. He did come back later in the period, but he was invisible the rest of the night after that. Waiting years for someone to cream that punk.

It was a great hit. My only complaint is that I wish he would have hit him harder.

Reactions: GrGriffins

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Y'all I'm more and more impressed with Mo every time I go to a Griffins game. He shuts down the rush like nothing and makes the most patient, intelligent plays in his own end.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Y'all I'm more and more impressed with Mo every time I go to a Griffins game. He shuts down the rush like nothing and makes the most patient, intelligent plays in his own end.

He looked like an absolute stud out there last night. Hes become far and away the best Griffins dman over the course of the season, no way hes back in the AHL next season. Hes also gotten more shifty out there on the offensive blue line.

Guy is blue chip

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
He looked like an absolute stud out there last night. Hes become far and away the best Griffins dman over the course of the season, no way hes back in the AHL next season. Hes also gotten more shifty out there on the offensive blue line.

Guy is blue chip
The way he plays and how effective he is, it just seems kind of special. It’s a different thing than a D lighting up the score sheet like Hughes or Makar. He’s great in all of the ways that prospects usually aren’t. It just feels different.

Reactions: Ratatoskr

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI

Guy is blue chip

Agreed, he'll easily be ready for significant NHL minutes. He's ready now IMO but I'd rather keep him on the Griffins playing 25++ minutes a night in all situations. Plays like a vet and he's only 18.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Could not happen to a better player than Liambas. He had no idea where he was after the hit. He did come back later in the period, but he was invisible the rest of the night after that. Waiting years for someone to cream that punk.

I just looked that guy up. Minor league goon, hasn't scored more than 4 goals in a season in ANY league. Is he a cheap shot artist? And What the hell are the Wild doing having a guy like that on their roster in this day and age?

EDIT: Nevermind! I just answered my own question.

Liambas seems like an absolute dirtbag. I just don't want to see him making a run at our players next game as a result of him not being able to get Seider.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThankGord

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I just looked that guy up. Minor league goon, hasn't scored more than 4 goals in a season in ANY league. Is he a cheap shot artist? And What the hell are the Wild doing having a guy like that on their roster in this day and age?

EDIT: Nevermind! I just answered my own question.

Liambas seems like an absolute dirtbag. I just don't want to see him making a run at our players next game as a result of him not being able to get Seider.

The AHL still has heavyweights and Liambas can really skate for how tough he is, I think thats how he has a job still. Hes a goon through and through and it wouldnt surprise me if he took a couple big runs at Seider if they play each other again. Liambas is one of the few guys who can give McIlrath all he can handle so Seider is better off avoiding anything with that guy if he can

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Any good looking free agents that we can pick up? Yesterday the Marlies signed Hoefenmayer and McKenna who look like beasts. Kinda jealous lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad