Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-2020 Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Nagle in goal for Griffins tonight as they battle the IceHogs once again. Tangradi out another week to 10 days. Hope they get their revenge on the Hogs. Bad weather coming in after the game. Belleville Senators make their only visit to GR tomorrow night.

Reactions: Lampedampe

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Rockford IceHogs 1 at Grand Rapids Griffins 4 - Status: Final
Friday, January 17, 2020 - Van Andel Arena

Rockford 1 0 0 - 1
Grand Rapids 1 1 2 - 4

1st Period-1, Rockford, Entwistle 7 11:55. 2, Grand Rapids, Shine 3 (Ford, Turgeon), 14:11.

Penalties-Ford Gr (boarding), 9:15; Puempel Gr (roughing), 15:40; Beaudin Rfd (delay of game), 18:27.

2nd Period-3, Grand Rapids, Pearson 5 (Spezia, Shine), 16:53.

Penalties-McCoshen Rfd (playing with opponent's stick, unsportsmanlike conduct), 6:15.

3rd Period-4, Grand Rapids, Ford 7 (Hicketts, Seider), 10:23 (PP). 5, Grand Rapids, Terry 16 (Rasmussen, McIlrath), 17:19 (EN).

Penalties-Nilsson Rfd (interference), 9:07; Seider Gr (tripping), 10:35.

Shots on Goal-Rockford 7-5-10-22. Grand Rapids 12-13-12-37.

Power Play Opportunities-Rockford 0 / 3; Grand Rapids 1 / 4.

Goalies-Rockford, Lankinen 7-8-2 (36 shots-33 saves). Grand Rapids, Nagle 2-4-1 (22 shots-21 saves).

A-7,230

Referees-Conor O'Donnell (41), Jake Jackson (76).
Linesmen-Justin Cornell (14), Jake Davis (23).

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
seider has no forwards on griffs with high level quickness-edges-hands-smarts to get any offense going with . but what i keep noticing is that hes so heads up and such a graceful skater with a huge stride , that gets him places much quicker than it looks like hes moving , that when opponant has puck hes always , all 200' , getting to places to break up their plays or steal puck . and his method of breaking up plays is usually by extremely violent collision . though dont discount his huge reach that breaks up all kinds of plays . this guy when opponant has puck is as valuable as a dman gets ! also , the guy i noticed tonite was pearson . rugged grinder

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
seider has no forwards on griffs with high level quickness-edges-hands-smarts to get any offense going with . but what i keep noticing is that hes so heads up and such a graceful skater with a huge stride , that gets him places much quicker than it looks like hes moving , that when opponant has puck hes always , all 200' , getting to places to break up their plays or steal puck . and his method of breaking up plays is usually by extremely violent collision . though dont discount his huge reach that breaks up all kinds of plays . this guy when opponant has puck is as valuable as a dman gets ! also , the guy i noticed tonite was pearson . rugged grinder

I really hope:

Smith - Pearson - Grewe are our fourth line in like three or so years, I think they would be a lot like that group in Long Island. Just run you through the boards with a smile on their faces and funnel everything to the crease and crash.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I really hope:

Smith - Pearson - Grewe are our fourth line in like three or so years, I think they would be a lot like that group in Long Island. Just run you through the boards with a smile on their faces and funnel everything to the crease and crash.
ya ive not read up on pearson since he was drafted but im noticing hes a good sized rugged type that wades right into the fray without trepadation

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Personally how I’d score it (at least for the prospects that are more important for the future):

Veleno- A. To me he’s looks better at 19 on a worse Griffins squad than Zadina looked last year. He just looks so calm out there all the time like he’s been playing pro for years already.

Seider- A. Same calm that Veleno has. Doesn’t look like a rookie out there. Has a bit of edge to his game. Him and Hronek are going to make a nice first pairing down the road.

Rasmussen-A. When he’s healthy, he’s a force for the Griffs. Kid is strong af. Difficult to knock off the puck and surprisingly mobile for a man his size.

Smith-B+. I’m not the biggest fan of his, but I can see the appeal. He is what he is and he’s good at playing that agitator role that fans love. He’s going a better job of not taking dumb penalties but his overall upside leaves me wondering if he has a long term future for the wings.

Hirose-B. Pretty meh I guess. He’s producing but nothing about him wows me. Can’t decide if he’s a legitimate NHL forward or going to be one of those mercenary vet AHLer’s.

Lindstrom-C+. Sometimes he’s a pylon out there and other nights you don’t notice him (in a good way). Consistency is the name of the game for him.

Larsson-C. Don’t think he got much help early in the season but he also was letting in some shots he should have had.

Cholowski-D. Some tools and absolutely no tool box. Screams tweener d man ala McIlrath, Hicketts etc.

Svechnikov-D. At this point, if anyone wants to trade us anything for him, I’m all for it.
Do you think Rasmussen could center second line with Zadina and and hopefully Lafranie , or Veleno is more for that role

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
ya ive not read up on pearson since he was drafted but im noticing hes a good sized rugged type that wades right into the fray without trepadation

I have been pretty high on him for a few years. He is just a really solid depth player, he has good instincts. I don't expect him to be a scorer at the NHL level by any means, but he plays a strong two-way game and is heavy in all three zones. He is the kind of player pro coaches trust. I think he skates well enough, but another half step would really consolidate him to be a better penalty killer and get more into his game. But I think we have something in him. Like Smith and Lindstrom I know they aren't overly exciting but you can see a way to the big club for him with the game they play.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I have been pretty high on him for a few years. He is just a really solid depth player, he has good instincts. I don't expect him to be a scorer at the NHL level by any means, but he plays a strong two-way game and is heavy in all three zones. He is the kind of player pro coaches trust. I think he skates well enough, but another half step would really consolidate him to be a better penalty killer and get more into his game. But I think we have something in him. Like Smith and Lindstrom I know they aren't overly exciting but you can see a way to the big club for him with the game they play.
to me those 4 liners are super important and weve had a string of guys there that i dont like at all from helm to abs to ehn etc . only 4 liner ive liked in years is glenny and at that hes not of large enough body to be a hell raiser . though i did like and miss wiski . 4 liners with legit 200lb+ size with wheels and ruggedness create a bad enviroment for top opponant lines and thats very important

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Good to see that Seider's shooting more. He's got 19 shots in his last 10 games while he only had 18 shots in the previous 22 games. Adding a efficient shot to his arsenal will be huge for his offensive game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon Cusack

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
To me he seems like he'd be a good 3rd line C/PP net front on a good team and a second line C on a mediocre team. Veleno would be a better 2C.

I think Rasmussen has more offense to give in a top 6 role while Veleno is an ideal 3rd line matchup center. We will see. I mean ideally for me we have Byfield in a few months and one of them, probably Rasmussen is shifted back to wing or basically you can put him and Joe on the same line and matchup who plays down the middle based on the matchup itself. That would be a big time weapon as a coach to have:

Byfield
Larkin
Veleno/Rasmussen
Pearson/Glendening or other...

But that is a wave down the middle and would allow you some flexibility. I wish we could have found Dach or Necas for the handiness but oh well. I think the point would be that in a playoff series you would have a lot of options and that is always a good thing.

Reactions: mantha39

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Belleville Senators make their only trip to GR tonight. Poulin in goal for the Griffins tonight. Svech back in the lineup tonight after missing last night due to injury. Tangradi still out. Completed digging out from this morning.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
rasmussen looking good tonite . just ran net front interference for a choski slapshot from the blueline goal .

If Filppula’s injury is anything serious, I’d bet Rasmussen is going to get a look at center in the NHL shortly

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Belleville Senators 4 (SO) at Grand Rapids Griffins 3 - Status: Final SO
Saturday, January 18, 2020 - Van Andel Arena

Belleville 0 1 2 0 - 4
Grand Rapids 0 2 1 0 - 3

1st Period- No Scoring.

Penalties-McIlrath Gr (boarding), 1:05; Lajoie Bel (tripping), 13:55; served by Abramov Bel (bench minor - too many men), 19:33.

2nd Period-1, Grand Rapids, Shine 4 (Pearson, Lindstrom), 3:20. 2, Belleville, Kelly 6 (Corrado, Labrie), 6:45 (SH). 3, Grand Rapids, Cholowski 2 (Hirose, Rasmussen), 16:58 (PP).

Penalties-Englund Bel (tripping), 3:45; LaBate Bel (goaltender interference), 5:30; Svechnikov Gr (interference), 13:52; Formenton Bel (elbowing), 15:11.

3rd Period-4, Grand Rapids, Svechnikov 6 (Hirose, Seider), 5:46. 5, Belleville, Klimchuk 8 (Brannstrom, Labrie), 10:17. 6, Belleville, Carcone 9 (Brown, Corrado), 13:58.

Penalties-No Penalties

OT Period- No Scoring.

Penalties-No Penalties

Shootout - Belleville 2 (Norris NG, Abramov G, Brown G), Grand Rapids 1 (Terry G, Veleno NG, Puempel NG).

Shots on Goal-Belleville 3-9-14-4-1-31. Grand Rapids 8-23-13-2-0-46.

Power Play Opportunities-Belleville 0 / 2; Grand Rapids 1 / 5.

Goalies-Belleville, Daccord 8-2-2 (46 shots-43 saves). Grand Rapids, Poulin 0-1-2 (30 shots-27 saves).

A-9,652

Referees-Shaun Davis (31), Peter Tarnaris (17).
Linesmen-Tyson Baker (88), Jim Scarpace (75).

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- tonite seeing seider having to get back quick into his own end from center ice to catch up to a puck i saw a big man skate as athletically / coordinatedly as an average size guy , hes going to be the best shut down dman in nhl
- rasmussen also displayed coordination / athleticism for a big man tonite . and you can see hes got leader written all over him , a player with thee intensity of an yzerman

Reactions: hkydave04

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
- tonite seeing seider having to get back quick into his own end from center ice to catch up to a puck i saw a big man skate as athletically / coordinatedly as an average size guy , hes going to be the best shut down dman in nhl
- rasmussen also displayed coordination / athleticism for a big man tonite . and you can see hes got leader written all over him , a player with thee intensity of an yzerman
I believe they got him for his size and leadership

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Nagle in goal for GR tonight. Since Detroit battles Minnesota in MN tonight, the AHL version go at it in GR as well as the Griffins take on the Wild (from Iowa).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad