Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
If he was good enough to play in a top 6 role he would have played there. He wasn't, so he didn't. Vets only account for 5 spots per game.
5 spots?
Terry
Puempel
Camper
Elson
Megan
Ford
Campbell
Shine
Hulak
Frk is pretty much an ahl pro at this point

8 of those were in the top 12 last playoff game upfront

This isn’t even including

Lashoff, chelios,mcillrath but ok 5 spots, you think holmstrom sucks that’s fine but I don’t think he shouldn’t be passed over in favour is most of those guys, heck even Pearson who got with the team towards the end isn’t there were suppose to be exposing our prospects to these types of games

Anyways is what it is at this point

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
5 spots?
Terry
Puempel
Camper
Elson
Megan
Ford
Campbell
Shine
Hulak
Frk is pretty much an ahl pro at this point

8 of those were in the top 12 last playoff game upfront

This isn’t even including

Lashoff, chelios,mcillrath but ok 5 spots, you think holmstrom sucks that’s fine but I don’t think he shouldn’t be passed over in favour is most of those guys, heck even Pearson who got with the team towards the end isn’t there were suppose to be exposing our prospects to these types of games

Anyways is what it is at this point
Only 5 vets can dress/play in a game:

What is the AHL’s development rule?
In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association have the following development rule in place:
Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Axel has played 138 AHL games

Last edited:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If Axel Holmstrom or Dom Turgeon can't beat Elson or Megan or Camper for a top 6 spot they don't deserve it, let alone a call up.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Only 5 vets can dress/play in a game:

What is the AHL’s development rule?
In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association have the following development rule in place:
Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Axel has played 138 AHL games
Elson
Terry
Puempel
Camper
Megan
Campbell

Played all last game and have over 260 games total and that’s only the forwards and shine is like 30 and is basically a career ahler

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Elson
Terry
Puempel
Camper
Megan
Campbell

Played all last game and have over 260 games total and that’s only the forwards and shine is like 30 and is basically a career ahler
I see now that you can have 6 players. The number of games is taken from the start of the season not the end. I think the grifs would get penalized if they played more than that. Shine is 26.

100 Degree Hockey - Texas Stars Hockey News: Explaining the AHL Veteran Rule and Examining Texas Stars Veterans

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Cool. Think he gets in any games?

Brian Lashoff got hurt in Game 2 and he is questionable for tonight's game. I doubt it if he comes in as Saarijarvi would most likely replace Lashoff if he is unable to go tonight and/or tomorrow night.

He is there for insurance since a couple of d-men in Toledo are in Fort Wayne tonight for Game 6 of their first round playoffs.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Brian Lashoff got hurt in Game 2 and he is questionable for tonight's game. I doubt it if he comes in as Saarijarvi would most likely replace Lashoff if he is unable to go tonight and/or tomorrow night.

He is there for insurance since a couple of d-men in Toledo are in Fort Wayne tonight for Game 6 of their first round playoffs.

Sounds like the normal process. Just will get adjusted the environment and guys. So it's already done before summer camps.

Christien

May 1, 2010
McIlrath just destroyed Tyler Wong with a huge hit. They haven't shown a replay yet, but it looked like a clean hit. Ended up getting ejected for the hit. Gallant, a player on the other team said he's gonna come after Zadina now :laugh:

Christien

May 1, 2010
McIlrath just destroyed Tyler Wong with a huge hit. They haven't shown a replay yet, but it looked like a clean hit. Ended up getting ejected for the hit. Gallant, a player on the other team said he's gonna come after Zadina now :laugh:

f***ing sucks though. Ended up getting a 5 minute penalty and probably suspended. Hope Wong is okay, ended up getting stretchered off.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I replayed it multiple times on AHL tv....elbow was down. Only one angle, but appeared to be a clean hit.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Only replay I’ve seen of the McIlrath hit.

If you play that fast with your head down, I don’t know what you are expecting...

Reactions: hkydave04

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

Only replay I’ve seen of the McIlrath hit.

If you play that fast with your head down, I don’t know what you are expecting...

Hmm really tough to tell if McIlrath did anything dangerous from that replay. Kept his elbow down and I don't think he targeted the head but it's hard to tell. Totally crushed him though and maybe he could have pulled up a bit.

But you make a good point. That guy was asking for it skating full speed up the boards staring straight down. Terrible to see anyone get hurt like that but he needs to be more careful than that.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Hmm really tough to tell if McIlrath did anything dangerous from that replay. Kept his elbow down and I don't think he targeted the head but it's hard to tell. Totally crushed him though and maybe he could have pulled up a bit.

But you make a good point. That guy was asking for it skating full speed up the boards staring straight down. Terrible to see anyone get hurt like that but he needs to be more careful than that.

Put it this way, it’s reckless by Mac in a sense that it’s always dangerous going for that, but I don’t think it was an intentionally dirty hit. I think Mac played that how he would have played it 10 times out of 10, it just was a dangerous collision.

If they are giving Mac a suspension, it would have to be for recklessness, not for malicious behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->