Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Except, he isn’t that weak or soft. He needs to put on some muscle, but he’s definitely not weak or soft even compared to some NHL players I could name. Beyond that accusing him of being a floater makes me really believe you haven’t watched him since the beginning of December. And honestly to call it floating is disingenuous. He looked in over his head for the first quarter of the season, and was caught behind plays, but that’s not floating. Finally, Larkin wasn’t NHL ready his D+1. And he was playing in a lesser league. You can make claims about maturity or work ethic, but that’s your claim. The Wings organization seem to like his level of engagement and ethic.

If they really think that then he'll play a full NHL season next season. :thumbu:

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
If they really think that then he'll play a full NHL season next season. :thumbu:

Not necessarily. There are a lot of reasons why a player who is engaged and has good work ethic won’t play 82 games.

Here’s what Simon says about Zadina:

Simon loves Zadina’s work ethic and desire for accountability, and believes those characteristics will help him in his climb to the NHL

And Blashill:

Makeup, he's got a swagger but not an entitled swagger," Blashill said. "He's got a competitiveness and a work ethic, I guess inner drive would be the best way to encompass that, that I think great players have.

So I could believe you, or I could believe the all the coaches and development staff from the CHL, AHL, and NHL who ALL praise Zadinas drive and work ethic.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Tonight's highlights.

That patience by Z on the OT winner...wow. Most players do not have the hockey sense and patience to wait like that. Most players would rush it, would force the pass, or would fire it sooner, but he waits, freezes the goalie a bit, then picks his spot.

More of this please.

Reactions: NickH8

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Zadina is one of those players that whose effectiveness really hinges on him being with elite skilled players. IE more of a Datsyuk than a Zetterberg. Z could play with another and make them better. He had a very blue collar game. Dats only really ever developed chemistry with high end skilled players. Yeah he could score off Abby's bum but he was at his best with Z, Homer, Hull etc. I think its no coincidence that as soon as Zadina gets a guy like Frk on his wing, he suddenly looks really dynamic again.

I could see Zadina and Veleno setting the AHL on fire next season.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Zadina is one of those players that whose effectiveness really hinges on him being with elite skilled players. IE more of a Datsyuk than a Zetterberg. Z could play with another and make them better. He had a very blue collar game. Dats only really ever developed chemistry with high end skilled players. Yeah he could score off Abby's bum but he was at his best with Z, Homer, Hull etc. I think its no coincidence that as soon as Zadina gets a guy like Frk on his wing, he suddenly looks really dynamic again.

I could see Zadina and Veleno setting the AHL on fire next season.
Zadina - Veleno - Frk
Best AHL first line ever.

Reactions: Lil Bert

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Griffins with a good start. Megan scores from Cholowski and Zadina, whose point streak is now at 6 games. Cholowski with his 3rd assist in 3 games as well.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Rockford IceHogs 3 (OT) at Grand Rapids Griffins 2 - Status: Final OT
Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - Van Andel Arena

Rockford 0 1 1 1 - 3
Grand Rapids 2 0 0 0 - 2

1st Period-1, Grand Rapids, Megan 13 (Cholowski, Zadina), 1:21. 2, Grand Rapids, Puempel 19 (Camper, Hicketts), 16:06 (PP).

Penalties-Ford Gr (hooking), 3:10; Gilbert Rfd (tripping), 14:31.

2nd Period-3, Rockford, Tuulola 3 (Holland), 13:21.

Penalties-Chelios Gr (holding), 2:36; Holland Rfd (high-sticking), 11:09; Carlsson Rfd (holding), 18:47; Cholowski Gr (hooking), 19:42.

3rd Period-4, Rockford, Schroeder 15 (Holland, Jokiharju), 1:19 (PP).

Penalties-Gilbert Rfd (hooking), 7:05; Chelios Gr (holding), 11:08; Lashoff Gr (interference), 15:10.

OT Period-5, Rockford, Johnson 12 (Knott, Jokiharju), 4:59.

Penalties-No Penalties

Shots on Goal-Rockford 13-5-5-6-29. Grand Rapids 15-12-8-4-39.

Power Play Opportunities-Rockford 1 / 5; Grand Rapids 1 / 4.

Goalies-Rockford, Forsberg 12-10-1 (39 shots-37 saves). Grand Rapids, Sateri 18-9-3 (29 shots-26 saves).

A-6,464

Referees-Beau Halkidis (48), Chris Waterstradt (88).
Linesmen-Jake Davis (23), Pat Richardson (67).

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
With Howard getting the flu and Sateri called up to Detroit this morning, Kaden Fulcher gets called up to GR from Toledo for the first time this season and he will back up Rybar for tonight's game vs Texas and tomorrow night's game in Chicago. Ehn also sent back down to GR today as well and he could be in the lineup tonight as well.

Ford and Frk will be the veterans scratched for tonight's game.

Last edited:
Reactions: waltdetroit

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Givani Smith with a nice goal to tie the game. He's show some nice improvement over the course of the year.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Texas Stars 3 at Grand Rapids Griffins 4 (SO) - Status: Final SO
Friday, February 22, 2019 - Van Andel Arena

Texas 1 2 0 0 - 3
Grand Rapids 3 0 0 0 - 4

1st Period-1, Texas, Gurianov 14 (Mersch, Hansson), 3:15. 2, Grand Rapids, Smith 4 9:20. 3, Grand Rapids, Sulak 3 (Zadina, Hicketts), 13:43. 4, Grand Rapids, Elson 13 (Camper, Hicketts), 19:59 (PP).

Penalties-McIlrath Gr (tripping), 6:35; Ehn Gr (interference), 11:55; Condra Tex (hooking), 12:48; Morin Tex (hooking), 18:58.

2nd Period-5, Texas, Dowling 12 (Gleason, Condra), 3:48 (PP). 6, Texas, Hansson 4 (Hanley, Morin), 12:47 (PP).

Penalties-Terry Gr (unsportsmanlike conduct), 3:19; Terry Gr (slashing), 5:18; McIlrath Gr (tripping), 11:21.

3rd Period- No Scoring.

Penalties-Caamano Tex (fighting), 11:00; Elson Gr (fighting), 11:00.

OT Period- No Scoring.

Penalties-No Penalties

Shootout - Texas 2 (Morin G, Hargrove NG, Hanley G, Condra NG, Dowling NG), Grand Rapids 3 (Puempel G, Turgeon G, Terry NG, Zadina NG, Hulak G).

Shots on Goal-Texas 9-16-9-3-0-37. Grand Rapids 14-7-6-4-1-32.

Power Play Opportunities-Texas 2 / 5; Grand Rapids 1 / 2.

Goalies-Texas, Bow 18-10-5 (31 shots-28 saves). Grand Rapids, Rybar 13-7-5 (37 shots-34 saves).

A

Referees-Beau Halkidis (48), Chris Waterstradt (88).
Linesmen-Bevan Mills (53), Jim Scarpace (75).

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
How is LZ an Frk doing?

Only caught the first half of the game tonight. I'm assuming LZ is Little Z/Zadina? Zadina looked very good again tonight in the first half of the game. Saw a tweet that said he was maybe being a little too fancy in the latter half of the game, but I didn't see it to give my take. The point streak is not an anomaly, he's playing his best hockey of the year right now. Frk didn't play tonight because AHL has a veteran rule that didn't allow him to play, but he's looked good in his time back in GR. He's a high end AHL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad