Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think they signed Camper to be the 1C. He was 12th in league scoring and 6th in assists in 68 games last year.

Not so sure. Wade Megan scored 33+33=66 points in 2016-17 and is with NHL contract.

That roster is really unbelieveable deep. When looking those Training camp lines, it could be something like this:

Matt Puempel - Wade Megan - Turner Elson
XXX - Carter Camper - Filip Zadina
Chris Terry - Axel Holmström - Dominik Shine
Givani Smith - Cristopher Ehn - (David Pope) Captain Matt Ford in here, Pope in to 2nd line
Dylan Sadowy - Bryan Moore - Matthew Ford
(LW Jordan Topping, RW Colin Campbell)

And forgot Turgeon.... :facepalm:

It must be 2 lines of Toledo guys in here.

Sulak/Cholowski - Hronek
Lashoff - Saarijärvi
Sulak/Hicketts - McIlrath
-------------
Jake Chelios - Marcus Crawford

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not so sure. Wade Megan scored 33+33=66 points in 2016-17 and is with NHL contract.

That roster is really unbelieveable deep. When looking those Training camp lines, it could be something like this:

Matt Puempel - Wade Megan - Turner Elson
XXX - Carter Camper - Filip Zadina
Chris Terry - Axel Holmström - Dominik Shine
Givani Smith - Cristopher Ehn - (David Pope) Captain Matt Ford in here, Pope in to 2nd line
Dylan Sadowy - Bryan Moore - Matthew Ford
(LW Jordan Topping, RW Colin Campbell)

And forgot Turgeon.... :facepalm:

It must be 2 lines of Toledo guys in here.

Sulak/Cholowski - Hronek
Lashoff - Saarijärvi
Sulak/Hicketts - McIlrath
-------------
Jake Chelios - Marcus Crawford

Youre missing Chris Terryw who is the likely favourite to lead the team in scoring this year

EDIT. nvm you have him there hes just on the third line. I really doubt hes not in the top 6 all year long. 71 points in 62 games last year, 68 points in 58 games the year before that.. cracked 30 goals both years

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings today assigned left wing Dylan Sadowy to the ECHL's Toledo Walleye and released forwards Luke Kirwan, Bryan Moore and Jordan Topping; defensemen Brenden Kotyk and Matt Register; and goaltender Pat Nagle from their tryout contracts. All seven players will report to Toledo.

At least we can take these guys out from Griffins plans.

Detroit trims roster by seven

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Stunned by the lack of progress out of Sadowy. I really liked that pickup but man has he struggled to establish himself as a pro.

Yeah, guy is going nowhere. Now Givani Smith is gonna replace him at 4th line.

LW
Chris Terry
Axel Holmström
David Pope
Givani Smith
Turner Elson

C
Wade Megan
Carter Camper
Dominic Turgeon
Christopher Ehn
Trevor Yates

RW
Matt Puempel
Evgeny Svechnikov (or more possibly Filip Zadina)
Dominik Shine
Matthew Ford (Captain)
Colin Campbell

This is how I see the depth chart now.

I think the TOP4 center-core is locked and TOP4 wingers are locked (in TOP2 lines). Then that Bottom6 with wingers could be some kind of different mix. Shine, Pope, Smith, Elson can play either sides with different looks. And Ford is a lock as 4th line RW.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah, guy is going nowhere. Now Givani Smith is gonna replace him at 4th line.

LW
Chris Terry
Axel Holmström
David Pope
Givani Smith
Turner Elson

C
Wade Megan
Carter Camper
Dominic Turgeon
Christopher Ehn
Trevor Yates

RW
Matt Puempel
Evgeny Svechnikov (or more possibly Filip Zadina)
Dominik Shine
Matthew Ford (Captain)
Colin Campbell

This is how I see the depth chart now.

I think the TOP4 center-core is locked and TOP4 wingers are locked (in TOP2 lines). Then that Bottom6 with wingers could be some kind of different mix. Shine, Pope, Smith, Elson can play either sides with different looks. And Ford is a lock as 4th line RW.

Not sure Smith will be on the fourth line. We'll see how it plays out and he could end up there but I dont think hes for sure going to be below any of Shine, Pope or Holmstrom. Smith is a different side than Shine but could get played on his off wing. And Pope/Holmstrom arent guaranteed spots anywhere. Smith could easily play above them and has looked like he should be ahead of them in training camp/preseason. I also think the wings are a lot higher on him so that might play into how the lineup is made to start the season at least

Terry, Svech, Zadina, Puempel are the only for sure guys ahead of him on the depth chart and theres probably only one of Svech or Zadina down there to start the year

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Puempel & McIlrath both cleared waivers today and they have both been assigned by Detroit to Grand Rapids. Witkowski also cleared waivers today, but no official word as to what Detroit will do with him (stay in Detroit or report to Grand Rapids). Decision on his status will be announced tomorrow.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Puempel & McIlrath both cleared waivers today and they have both been assigned by Detroit to Grand Rapids. Witkowski also cleared waivers today, but no official word as to what Detroit will do with him (stay in Detroit or report to Grand Rapids). Decision on his status will be announced tomorrow.

I could think he stays at Detroit and is technically "called back", when that defenceman situation with injuries gets easier.

Svechnikov was injured again? f*** this

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So what do they have there?

Chris Terry - Wade Megan - Matt Puempel
Axel Holmström - Carter Camper - Filip Zadina
Givani Smith - Dominic Turgeon - Dominik Shine
Pope/Elson - Trevor Yates - Matthew Ford
(Colin Campbell)
Svechnikov injured

Brian Lashoff - Vili Saarijärvi
Jake Chelios - Trevor Hamilton
Marcus Crawford - Dylan McIlrath
(Mackenzie Stewart)

Säteri/Rybar

Depleted defence, but the guys will be down, when the regulars become healthy in NHL.

Like the goalies and offence.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006

(Colin Campbell)
Svechnikov injured

(Mackenzie Stewart)

Säteri/Rybar

Depleted defence, but the guys will be down, when the regulars become healthy in NHL.

On Mlive today, Kahn said it would be Terry - Megan - Zadina.

Not sure what the other lines will look like.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I could think he stays at Detroit and is technically "called back", when that defenceman situation with injuries gets easier.

Svechnikov was injured again? **** this

x2. I think Witkowksi is now the guy that gets regularly waived for flexibility purposes (ala Aaron Downey/David Booth) incase they need to send him down on paper to make a quick call up if someone is hurt or out short term, since they know he's likely to go unclaimed.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
AHL opening weekend streams are free: Watch opening weekend for free on AHLTV | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Griffins play Friday & Saturday.

The AHL has a new streaming platform, hopefully they've upgraded the broadcast quality too... If the quality has improved those prices aren't actually too bad.

Thanks for the heads up! That's a great deal. Just signed up for single team home and away. Much better pricing structure this year! Getting to watch Zadina makes it a no brainer

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010

(Colin Campbell)
Svechnikov injured

(Mackenzie Stewart)

Säteri/Rybar

Lashoff is on SOIR too (like Svet) and can't be sent to GR until he's recovered ( I think)

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Lashoff is on SOIR too (like Svet) and can't be sent to GR until he's recovered ( I think)

Red Wings officially rule out Mike Green, send 2 others to Grand Rapids

According to this, Lashoff is already in GR practicing. I'm guessing he can't "officially" be sent down until he's medically cleared though.

Another decision must be made on forward Evgeny Svechnikov, the former first-round pick who suffered an apparent leg injury in the preseason final Saturday, though he finished the game. He was placed on non-roster injured reserve along with Brian Lashoff, who practiced Monday in Grand Rapids but will be out a while.

Reactions: waltdetroit

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday recalled defensemen Joe Hicketts and Filip Hronekand forward Luke Witkowski from the Grand Rapids Griffins. In addition, the Griffins have signed defenseman Matt Finn to a professional tryout.

Finn, 24, appeared in seven games with the Charlotte Checkers last season and eight with the ECHL’s Florida Everblades. Selected 35th overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by Toronto, the 6-foot, 200-pound defenseman has scored 18 points (7-11—18) in 70 career AHL contests and 50 points (19-31—50) in 89 ECHL games.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Official lineup against Texas:

#25 Chris Terry --- #22 Wade Megan --- #11 Filip Zadina
#54 Givani Smith --- #19 Carter Camper --- #73 Matt Puempel
#15 Turner Elson --- #23 Dominic Turgeon --- #45 Colin Campbell
#65 Dominik Shine --- #51 Trevor Yates --- #55 Matt Ford

#27 Jake Chelios --- #14 Trevor Hamilton
#17 Marcus Crawford --- #52 Dylan McIlrath
#5 MacKenzie Stewart --- #9 Vili Saarijärvi
(#6 Matt Finn, extra for warmup)

#29 Harri Säteri
(#42 Patrik Rybar)

Quite a depleted defence.... :)

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids Griffins 1 at Texas Stars 3 - Status: Final
Friday, October 5, 2018 - H-E-B Center at Cedar Park

Grand Rapids 1 0 0 - 1
Texas 1 1 1 - 3

1st Period-1, Texas, Hargrove 1 3:03 (SH). 2, Grand Rapids, Ford 1 (Puempel, Terry), 11:57 (PP).

Penalties-Morin Tex (tripping), 2:22; Hanley Tex (cross-checking), 10:06; Scarlett Tex (high-sticking), 10:44; Ford Gr (roughing), 15:02; Hanley Tex (boarding), 15:02; Gurianov Tex (hooking), 18:33.

2nd Period-3, Texas, L'Esperance 1 (Condra, Hargrove), 14:13.

Penalties-Hamilton Gr (interference), 10:19; Yates Gr (delay of game), 16:25; Condra Tex (holding), 17:42.

3rd Period-4, Texas, Dowling 1 (Mersch), 19:26 (EN).

Penalties-Shine Gr (boarding), 3:39; Laberge Tex (slashing), 10:13.

Shots on Goal-Grand Rapids 10-4-11-25. Texas 5-7-9-21.

Power Play Opportunities-Grand Rapids 1 / 6; Texas 0 / 3.

Goalies-Grand Rapids, Sateri 0-1-0 (20 shots-18 saves). Texas, Bow 1-0-0 (25 shots-24 saves).

A-5,317

Referees-Beaudry Halkidis (48), Chris Pontes (21).
Linesmen-Fred Hudy (30), Carl Sasyn (12).

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
They need two of Sulak/Hronek/Hicketts back to be effective, imo. And Lashoff back from injury.

That defence has too much ECHL material.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->