Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2015/16 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Glad to hear that, good for that kid. It's been a while that he got a couple of pts in a game, hasn't it?

Oct 18, 2006
Awesome for Mantha!! Great for his confidence.

Last season: 62 GP, 15G, 18A
This season: 44 GP, 15G, 18A

Real progres.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Couple observations:

1. Hope this hattrick and penalty shot reminds Mantha that he's got an elite scoring ability and gives him confidence.
2. Playing in the US has really diluted his accent. :laugh:
3. Every time I see Mantha, I'm shocked by how big he is and how fluid his stride is for a huge man. Looks like an agile Ericsson and slightly reminiscent of Blake Wheeler.

Last edited:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Sexy deke and two rockets

This is a great video. I love hearing what Coreau said about how he was slumping and was "going through some personal stuff" that the guys helped him through. Just goes to show you how mental the game is. Never know when a guy is slumping because he's got personal things he's dealing with. Reminds you how human these guys are.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Couple observations:

1. Hope this hattrick and penalty shot reminds Mantha that he's got an elite scoring ability and gives him confidence.
2. Playing in the US has really diluted his accent. :laugh:
3. Every time I see Mantha, I'm shocked by how big he is and how fluid his stride is for a huge man. Looks like an agile Ericsson and slightly reminiscent of Blake Wheeler.

He looks like a man among boys out there

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Why? A lot of guys haven't been point-per-game down there before getting a call-up.

People who actually get called up and play are point per game or close to it. Dmen are .5 or close to it. Or they are out of waiver options

Nosek is the only one I can think of that doesn't have good stats but got called up

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Sheahan was only about 0.5 ppg in GR but obviously Mantha is expected to provide more offense than RS. AA is also not close to a point per game, at least over a longer period of time. So it's clearly not all about the points.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sheahan was only about 0.5 ppg in GR but obviously Mantha is expected to provide more offense than RS. AA is also not close to a point per game, at least over a longer period of time. So it's clearly not all about the points.
Tatar was also never really PPG. Obviously higher production forces a call-up sooner, but I think it mainly comes down to whether there is room on the Wings and the role they are looking to fill.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

He was pretty much forced to be called up. Injuries injuries injuries

And Tatar was 10 points away from being ppg So it's around

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Different times. Babcock wanted a big body to play against, and Sheahan filled the need.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Early game for the Griffins today.

They have already scored three goals 9 minutes into the first period.

Mantha, Bert and Callahan with the goals.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Does anyone have the stats on Bertuzzi's first half versus his second half? He's got 20 points in 47 games now and I could've sworn at one point he had something pretty gnarly like 2 points in 19 games.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Does anyone have the stats on Bertuzzi's first half versus his second half? He's got 20 points in 47 games now and I could've sworn at one point he had something pretty gnarly like 2 points in 19 games.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1015470

Just visit the AHL website and click the player name. Then click "VIEW GAME BY GAME STATS"

http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=5957

He has 5+0=5 points in last 7 games.

At first 16 games he had only 0+3=3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad