Hoggan - Emmerton - Ferraro
Parkes - Aubry - Martin Frk
Grant - MacIntyre - Nestrasil

Ouellet - Marchenko
Evans - Sproul
Almquist - Paetsch

McCollum
(Coreau)

Looking quite depleted from a couple of weeks ago. Yet they keep rolling.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Looking quite depleted from a couple of weeks ago. Yet they keep rolling.

Yeah, six guys are missing from offence, but that defence is still concrete solid.

They are still dominating, looks like Ouellet has started to shoot more, and his shot is very near at Sproul level. :amazed:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, six guys are missing from offence, but that defence is still concrete solid.

They are still dominating, looks like Ouellet has started to shoot more, and his shot is very near at Sproul level. :amazed:

The one he uncorked in this game is the hardest I have seen him shoot a puck, but that isn't on Sproul's level because I could still see it.:laugh:

Really should be up 4-1 at this point, hope it doesn't come back to bite them, they have utterly dominated, just seemed to hit a blip where they kept missing the net a bunch. But still 2-1 doesn't tell the story in this game, they are terrorizing the baby Hawks.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Callahan tied his entire goal total from last year tonight.

11 goals in 28 games
11 goals in 71 games last year

Is 4 points from matching last years total as well.

Callahan even back to his junior career makes steady progress each year, problem is you aren't often allowed to do that as a pro especially if he is fighting with the prospect depth we have coming, still encouraging and he has really stepped up with all the guys gone the last couple games.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I feel like a broken record but Callahan again. He gets the spot on the top line wing with everyone missing so Blashill must be taking notice of his play as well.

Didnt he set up the OT winner really nice a couple games ago? And scored the winner last night? Developing that clutch factor lol

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I feel like a broken record but Callahan again. He gets the spot on the top line wing with everyone missing so Blashill must be taking notice of his play as well.

Didnt he set up the OT winner really nice a couple games ago? And scored the winner last night? Developing that clutch factor lol

He'll start next season as Red Wings 14th forward. Book it.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
If it comes down to it, would we rather see Ferraro or Callahan waived next year?

Last edited:

Johnz96*

If it comes down to it, would we rather see Ferraro or Callahan waived next year?

If we can't retain both of them, I hope they will trade one of them rather than let them go on waivers. Either of them would be claimed for sure. GMs are salivating, anticipating the Wings' prospects that will be available next year.
If Holland/Babcock keep any one of Samuelson, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Eaves, Emmerton, Miller over either of them, he should be fired ASAP.

Johnz96*

I'd rather waive Stephen Weiss who has negative value, than kids who have positive value. If someone claims him, can't be any happier.

If he doesn't show signs of being someone who can score 50 points on a team that requires him to be somewhat defensively responsible than he should be sent down and exposed to waivers but I doubt anybody would pick up a $5m player who was sent down and has produced nothing in the last 2 years but I would still rather have him in GR than losing a prospect that may already be better than him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If he doesn't show signs of being someone who can score 50 points on a team that requires him to be somewhat defensively responsible than he should be sent down and exposed to waivers but I doubt anybody would pick up a $5m player who was sent down and has produced nothing in the last 2 years but I would still rather have him in GR than losing a prospect that may already be better than him.

Yup. It's a no-brainer move to make him available (when he has negative value), than take a risk to lose any prospect. If you get rid of a negative value for free, that's a positive move.

He would eat a big piece of the cap, but it's only numbers game. We have very much cap room to operate because of cheap ELCs who are replacing the other dead weight.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He'll start next season as Red Wings 14th forward. Book it.

You would have to think so wouldnt you? The wings talk about being tougher to play against, why wuold you get rid of a guy who is exactly that? Hes a really good defensive forward and PKs. Hes one of the homegrown Tootoo types who you dont have to sign for big money to keep around or get off free agency.

But seriously if he keeps this up he deserves a shot with the big club, even a call up if a bottom 6 winger gets hurt. I just look at the wings and when I wonder what theyre missing its speed and toughness. Callahan has both, hes the type you win with in the playoffs, I'm starting to get tired of Sheahan. Gets all the opportunity in the world because he was a first rounder and still isnt as effective as Calllahan

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm starting to get tired of Sheahan. Gets all the opportunity in the world because he was a first rounder and still isnt as effective as Calllahan

Sheahan got his opportunity only because he is a center and Z-Weiss-Helm-Abdelkader are injured. Some common sense.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You would have to think so wouldnt you? The wings talk about being tougher to play against, why wuold you get rid of a guy who is exactly that? Hes a really good defensive forward and PKs. Hes one of the homegrown Tootoo types who you dont have to sign for big money to keep around or get off free agency.

But seriously if he keeps this up he deserves a shot with the big club, even a call up if a bottom 6 winger gets hurt. I just look at the wings and when I wonder what theyre missing its speed and toughness. Callahan has both, hes the type you win with in the playoffs, I'm starting to get tired of Sheahan. Gets all the opportunity in the world because he was a first rounder and still isnt as effective as Calllahan

Well I get mad undrafted guys like Glendening get called prefferential treatment over Sheahan, and slotted higher in the lineup tonight. When I don't really see what makes Glendening a better player, especially at center where he struggles on the dot.

Id like to see Callahan get rewarded with a look with how well he's playing, but then again we also have Ferraro. Who brings a lot to the table as well.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Well I get mad undrafted guys like Glendening get called up before Sheahan, and slotted higher in the lineup tonight. When I don't really see what makes Glendening a better player, especially at center where he struggles on the dot.

Glendening has been getting these calls because of his caphit, when we didn't have anybody in LTIR.

Glendening is not the better player than Sheahan, but at some point the season we was the only player with Emmerton who was possible to fit under the cap. And he was also better fit for 4th line minutes, when Sheahan could still develop with bigger minutes at Grand Rapids. The logic for these moves is always there if you really want to find it.

Johnz96*

Glendening has been getting these calls because of his caphit, when we didn't have anybody in LTIR.

Glendening is not the better player than Sheahan, but at some point the season we was the only player with Emmerton who was possible to fit under the cap. And he was also better fit for 4th line minutes, when Sheahan could still develop with bigger minutes at Grand Rapids. The logic for these moves is always there if you really want to find it.

I think they are about equally as good.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Called up first is not correct, as you said (bc of cap), so I edited my post to reflect that.

But it does seen like Glendening get preferential treatment, for whatever reason.

Kind of like how 1st round Smith would get scratched for undrafted Lashoff sometimes.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Glendening is a finished product who can be completely trusted out there. Sheahan is not. It's as simple as that.

Sheahan may have the higher upside, but currently Glendening > Sheahan.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Glendening is a finished product who can be completely trusted out there. Sheahan is not. It's as simple as that.

Sheahan may have the higher upside, but currently Glendening > Sheahan.

But that's wrong. Glendening is worse than Sheahan at the college level, the Grand Rapids level, and now the Detroit level. Glendening gets preferential treatment because of cap hit.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
But that's wrong. Glendening is worse than Sheahan at the college level, the Grand Rapids level, and now the Detroit level. Glendening gets preferential treatment because of cap hit.

Depends what you want. Glendening in college won defensive forward of the year or whatever they call that award over Sheahan. For a fourth line center I would take that over this non existent Sheahan production on the 4th line and try developing Sheahan's offense in GR some more.

Glendenings tougher to play against too. He hasnt shown it a tonne yet in the NHL but with grand rapids you can see it. Even last game against Calgary did you notice he kept getting punched in the head after whistles. Hes got a more physical side.

Johnz96*

How do you know that?
I never seen either of them in college (except one gane), but I watched most of the Griffs' games since they have beeb on the team and I think Glendening has been a little bit better than Sheahan for the Griffs and a lot better for the Wings. He is more physical and has some pest in him. In the last few games he has created some offensive opportunities, been solid defensively and physical. He had a big open ice hit against Tampa that created a turnover in the neutral zone and led to a great scoring chance when he set up Cleary who flubbed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad