Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2013/14 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
ceiling is higher imo.. but it's kind of a long-shot. something like between raymond and afinogenov-lite is probably more realistic.

I second this.

Though can't think of an ideal comparison.

AA is a much better stick handler, and game breaker than Mason Raymond IMO.

Johnz96*

ceiling is higher imo.. but it's kind of a long-shot. something like between raymond and afinogenov-lite is probably more realistic.

I think you're way underestimating him.
This guy is a rare physical speciment. The sky's the limit.
Raymond and Afinogenov are about equal caliber players in their NHL careers. Lol
Maybe if you said somewhere like a bigger faster Afinogenov or a bigger, more skilled Raymond, it would make more sense.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Raymond and Afinogenov are about equal caliber players in their NHL careers. Lol
Maybe if you said somewhere like a bigger faster Afinogenov or a bigger, more skilled Raymond, it would make more sense.

I was thinking Martin Havlat. Hopefully with better luck health wise.

Jurco

Healthy Scratch
Oct 28, 2011
NEs33qS.gif

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I'd rather Tootoo be up and in instead of Bertuzzi. Both won't provide much offense, but Tootoo still has the heart and intensity to play.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I'd rather Tootoo be up and in instead of Bertuzzi. Both won't provide much offense, but Tootoo still has the heart and intensity to play.

Terrible possession numbers, offensive liability, can't PK.(I'm speaking about both Bert and Tootoo, ironically enough.) Jurco is the logical choice.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

That looks like way overestimating.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Nik Zherdev?

There are some strong similarities with Michael Grabner, primarily the skating and goal scoring. AA is showing signs of being a more consistent player and he sure seems like he could potentially replicate those seasons Grabner put up a couple years back.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
We were talking ceiling and he is bigger than both of them and faster than Afinogenov and more skilled than Raymond.

So "the sky's the limit" is his ceiling? You realize that's about as high a ceiling as one can get and would make him one of the all-time greats? That seems unrealistic.

Aug 6, 2012
I don't see Athanasiou becoming much. He's got a high ceiling, but chances are basically 0 that he'll reach it. I think his best bet is a Stalberg type player.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I would love Tootoo on the Wings right now. A few years back when Nashville took on the Ducks in the 1st round, Tootoo was by far their best players and was one of the main reasons they advanced passed round 1. He can score some clutch goals, and he plays the physical game needed to get to the dirty areas against big physical teams.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Playoff Roster: The following 31 players are eligible to suit up for the Griffins in the postseason: goaltenders Jared Coreau, Tom McCollum and Petr Mrazek; defensemen Adam Almquist, Mattias Backman, Brennan Evans, Gleason Fournier, Nick Jensen, Alexey Marchenko, Richard Nedomlel, Max Nicastro, Xavier Ouellet, Nathan Paetsch and Ryan Sproul; and forwards Andreas Athanasiou, Louis-Marc Aubry, Mitch Callahan, Colin Campbell, Willie Coetzee, Cory Emmerton, Landon Ferraro, Martin Frk, Triston Grant, Jeff Hoggan, Mattias Janmark, David McIntyre, Zach Nastasiuk, Andrej Nestrasil, Trevor Parkes, Teemu Pulkkinen and Jordin Tootoo. Additionally, if assigned by the Red Wings, forwards Tomas Jurco and Riley Sheahan will be eligible for Calder Cup Playoff action.

http://griffinshockey.com/news/releases/?article_id=2819

I believe Oullett is still up with Detroit too - as far as I know

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Abbotsford will be a tough team to beat. Ortio is a great goalie and considering GR's troubles at the end of the regular season (10 goals in the last 6 games), they're going to have to step it up quite a bit. The 1st round being best of 5 probably isn't in their favor either.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Grand Rapids Griffins coach Jeff Blashill tackles questions about returning next season

When asked if he expects to be back next season, Blashill replied, “Absolutely.”

“My focus 100 percent is on winning Friday night’s game and win a tough series against Abbotsford,” he said. “And any rumors, I tend not to respond to them because they’re unfounded.

“My other focus is on that I have a year left on my contract with Detroit, and my job is to develop Detroit Red Wings and win for the Grand Rapids Griffins. Those are the two things I’m focusing on.”

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Abbotsford will be a tough team to beat. Ortio is a great goalie and considering GR's troubles at the end of the regular season (10 goals in the last 6 games), they're going to have to step it up quite a bit. The 1st round being best of 5 probably isn't in their favor either.

ortio still owns me some snuff. he can cover it by ******** the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->