Confirmed with Link: Granato hires his coaching staff (post #43)

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
O look, all coaches that once had a relationship. Not unexpected, but that's why Granato shouldn't have been hired. The people he is able to hire are not top tier.

Wasn't the guy asked who his staff would be like they do it football?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
O look, all coaches that once had a relationship. Not unexpected, but that's why Granato shouldn't have been hired. The people he is able to hire are not top tier.

Wasn't the guy asked who his staff would be like they do it football?
You have no clue if they’ll be good coaches.

Berube, Ott and Van Ryn won a Cup for f*** sake.

Last edited:

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Imagine the interview... We are confident Linus will be with us and a quality back up will shake loose in the expansion draft and free agency process.

Imagine day one... Meet Craig and Aaron

Had to keep Bales really.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Well it is what it is. Not struck with confidence but don’t have the energy to begrudge the organization anymore.

That said, and maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I felt like Nolan was a great tank/rebuild coach just in that he could keep players motivated through miserable stretches. Feels like the Sabres have been in perpetual search of someone who can balance the motivational aspects, the instructional aspects, and the in-game strategizing aspects of coaching.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
https://usahockey.cachefly.net/JEN/COACHES/2021_Coaches_Symposium_Schedule_UPDATED.pdf

Don Granato Head Coach, Buffalo Sabres (NHL) “Maximizing Future Success”

Don Granato will be one of the presenters at this year's USA Hockey Coaching Education Program Level 5 Symposium.

Amerks head coach Seth Appert and former Sabres video coach and current NTDP head coach Adam Nightingale is a presenter, as well.

Seth Appert Head Coach, Rochester Americans (AHL) “Driving Habits, Skill & Identity Through Small Games”

Adam Nightingale Head Coach, National Team Development Program (NTDP) “Passing/Puck Support: Developing Players that are Easy to Play with”

I would love to go to this if it weren't in Minnesota.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
https://usahockey.cachefly.net/JEN/COACHES/2021_Coaches_Symposium_Schedule_UPDATED.pdf

Don Granato will be one of the presenters at this year's USA Hockey Coaching Education Program Level 5 Symposium.

Amerks head coach Seth Appert and former Sabres video coach and current NTDP head coach Adam Nightingale is a presenter, as well.

I would love to go to this if it weren't in Minnesota.
Me too. Too long of a drive for me. I won't fly anymore........

Never been to a Level 5 but remain eligible. Missed the one held in Rochester a few years back. Level 4's are pretty darn good. Imagine the 5's are stellar.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Peca game everything he had every minute of every shift. If even half that can translate to our young players then it will have been worth the experiment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad