Pageau
Gryba
Da Costa

Kassian

What do you think?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
spot on move ryan, spez, and macarthur up a spot and put MaClean with his but buddy Kassian. and move Andy down.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Turris
Ryan

MacArthur
Lehner

Spezza
Karlsson
Zibanejad
Corvo
Borowiecki
Methot
Grant
Anderson
Smith

Conacher
Wiercioch
Phillips
Michalek
Cowen
Condra
Pageau
Gryba
Da Costa

Greening
Kassian
Neil

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Turris

MacArthur
Ryan
Smith (yeah, I'm serious)
Lehner

Spezza
Karlsson
Zibanejad
Corvo
Borowiecki
Methot
Conacher
Grant
Anderson

Wiercioch
Phillips
Michalek
Cowen
Neil
Condra
Greening
Pageau
Gryba
Da Costa

Kassian

What do you think?

Actually looks good to me as well :)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm tempted to move all of our defence except for Karlsson to two stars (and EK gets a pass because of his offensive contribution) but I think the forwards bear no small amount of responsibility for the mess in our own zone.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I'm tempted to move all of our defence except for Karlsson to two stars (and EK gets a pass because of his offensive contribution) but I think the forwards bear no small amount of responsibility for the mess in our own zone.

Yes, Karlsson got three stars due to offensive output and the fact that he totally took over and dominated some periods/games. On other nights he's looked totally uninterested and lacked effort - losing more pucks than the rest of the team combined.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yes, Karlsson got three stars due to offensive output and the fact that he totally took over and dominated some periods/games. On other nights he's looked totally uninterested and lacked effort - losing more pucks than the rest of the team combined.

The fact that he's at a PPG and at three stars really says it all. ;)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Turris
Ryan

MacArthur
Smith~
Lehner

Spezza~
Karlsson
Zibanejad
Corvo
Borowiecki
Methot
Conacher
Grant
Anderson
Condra~

Wiercioch
Phillips~
Michalek
Cowen~
Pageau
Gryba

Kassian
Greening
Neil
Da Costa

~ = close to dropping a level.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Grades so far?

What do you think?

c4965eed224956544c81923bc6dd527a-250x190.gif

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Why is Kassian one *? It's not his fault the coach dresses him. He plays his role and is otherwise useless. He does a good job whenever he engages in a fight, and he hasn't been totally horrendous with(out) the puck. He makes the simple play. His +/- is 0. He should be at LEAST **.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Why is Kassian one *? It's not his fault the coach dresses him. He plays his role and is otherwise useless. He does a good job whenever he engages in a fight, and he hasn't been totally horrendous with(out) the puck. He makes the simple play. His +/- is 0. He should be at LEAST **.

1 star is a compliment to him. In my mind, it represents the pinnacle of his play.

He's not a hockey player so he's not going to get 3 or 4 or 5 stars.

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
Turris
Ryan

MacArthur
Lehner

Spezza
Karlsson
Zibanejad
Corvo
Borowiecki
Methot
Grant
Anderson
Smith

Conacher
Wiercioch
Phillips
Michalek
Cowen
Condra
Pageau
Gryba
Da Costa

Greening
Kassian
Neil

Basically this but (not sure if you had any order to it) I would have Conacher at the bottom of the two stars. MAYBE even below Greening but that's definitely pushing it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Basically this but (not sure if you had any order to it) I would have Conacher at the bottom of the two stars. MAYBE even below Greening but that's definitely pushing it.

I've liked Conacher's energy at times but his execution has been pretty poor.

Whereas, Greening has no energy and no execution.

To your question though, there is no order within ranks.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I've liked Conacher's energy at times but his execution has been pretty poor.

Whereas, Greening has no energy and no execution.

To your question though, there is no order within ranks.

Conacher's size makes him easier to play against. He's not intimidating, has a short stick/reach, has to use more effort and he can't maintain it.

Greening is lacking toughness. To soft on the forecheck. He needs anger.

BigBush*

Lehner should be in that top group, he's been the best sens on the ice in all the games he's played pretty much

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Agreed with the general consensus here, I would have Karlsson a half star higher than Spezza though.

I think Karlsson has been more dynamic offensively on a consistent basis but has also committed more defensive gaffes.

DHins said:
Lehner should be in that top group, he's been the best sens on the ice in all the games he's played pretty much

You make a good point.

Small sample size I guess.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
The star system is weird and not accurate enough. Why not the traditional A+ to F.

Ryan A+
Turris A
Lehner A

MacArthur B+
Karlsson B+
Cowen D+
Anderson B-
Michalek C-

etc...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A
Turris
Ryan

B
MacArthur
Lehner

C
Spezza
Karlsson
Zibanejad
Corvo
Borowiecki
Methot
Grant
Anderson
Smith

D
Conacher
Wiercioch
Phillips
Michalek
Cowen
Condra
Pageau
Gryba
Da Costa

F
Greening
Kassian
Neil

;)

Just yanking your chain.

Personally, I don't mind it because the thought of arguing endlessly over whether someone should be a C- or a D+ just tires me out.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
The star system is weird and not accurate enough. Why not the traditional A+ to F.

Ryan A+
Turris A
Lehner A

MacArthur B+
Karlsson B+
Cowen D+
Anderson B-
Michalek C-

etc...

It will never be accurate to begin with.

With your logic it would be for the best to have a range of like 1-1000.

Turris = 926

Kassian = 115

Good enough?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
lol why so much hate on Kassian? He plays 3:51 mins a game and within his goon capabilities.

He has been on the ice for a whooping 1 goal against so far this year!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....SALL&sort=teamGoalsAgainst&viewName=plusMinus

Blame Kassian! :laugh:

spot on move ryan, spez, and macarthur up a spot and put MaClean with his but buddy Kassian. and move Andy down.

But 9 minutes earlier you said you were not a Sens fan anymore? Why are you still here? Honest question

im no longer a sens fan, i will be watching bsens games from now on.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
lol why so much hate on Kassian? He plays 3:51 mins a game and within his goon capabilities.

He has been on the ice for a whooping 1 goal against so far this year!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....SALL&sort=teamGoalsAgainst&viewName=plusMinus

Blame Kassian! :laugh:

Well, the best he can hope for is (null).

And his spot keeps someone else out of the line-up.

And his lack of icetime can influence the icetime of his linemates.

And this can mean that Neil and Greening have to play more.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
A+ Lehner

A Turris
Ryan

B Spezza
Karlsson
MacArthur

B- Methot
Gryba
Smith
Conacher
Zibanejad

C Borowiecki
Michalek

C- Corvo
Phillips
Wiercioch
Neil
Condra
Grant

D Anderson
Cowen
Kassian
Greening

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
A+
Lehner - best goalie in league in his limited time as starter, should be the #1 goaltender until he slows down

A
Turris - taken his game to a new level offensively and defensively, emerging as a leader on this team
MacArthur - constantly driving the play, awesome possession player, perfect linemate for Turris
Ryan - could be more intense and more consistent at times, but hard to argue with his production

B+
Smith - bad start to the year, but has been amazing in recent games; a level above his linemates on more than one occasion

B
Grant - been a key member of the PK since Condra went down, proven he has a future here in Ottawa
Methot - hasn't been the stalwart he was last season, but still has been effective defensively and has scored a couple key goals
Borowiecki - has been pretty solid so far, and his breakout pass is much better than last year - has an NHL future ahead of him no question

B-
Karlsson - still not playing to his potential, has produced offensively but needs to more consistent offensively and defensively
Corvo - hasn't been "uh-oh" bad defensively, and has produced without getting time on the powerplay (oh MacLean :shakehead)

C+
Zibanejad - was great the first couple games since being called up, but hasn't been good since then, needs more effort and intensity
Conacher - has done nothing offensively or defensively, but I do love his effort - consistently working his *** off

C
Spezza - one game he'll score a hattrick, the next he'll look like he's skating in mud, has been lazy and rather ineffective thus far

C-
Gryba - hasn't been physical or tough to play against, has given the puck away far too much, needs to be better
Kassian - stills sucks at hockey, hasn't done much to hurt the team so this is where I'll leave his grade
Michalek - this guy has completely forgotten how to play hockey, he loses every battle, can't handle the puck and is completely useless

D
Greening - has done nothing since getting his contract, should be benched and if it continues trade his ass
Anderson - has given up a 2-0 lead to the oppositon in 7 out of his 11 starts, which is beyond awful, needs to be better
Cowen - has proven he has nothing in terms of hockey sense, has been pathetic and should be sent down
Neil - forgot how to play hockey, is no more than a waste of a roster spot at this point, strip his A and give it to Ryan/Turris/EK
Phillips - see above, guys a giveaway machine, and has no idea how to play defense, strip his A and give it to Ryan/Turris/EK
Wiercioch - taken a big step back this year, isn't moving the puck well and has been laughable defensively, needs to simplify his game

Overall most players have been pretty bad, and almost all the defensemen have disappointed. Have to wonder if it has more to do with the system than a collective slump by the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad