Grade the Trade Poll - Jagr

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Grade the Jagr Trade.
Jagr for Conditional 2nd + 2 prospects

This trade was a little bit of a head scratcher to me. I feel like GMJN may have passed on better value to make sure Jagr went where he wanted to go. The prospects are underwhelming, especially macdermind. GMJN is probably really banking on Boston winning two rounds but even then it would be a pretty late first.

I give this one a C- because i suspect there was better value available and the prospects feel like filler.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
C+, simply because he went to a place where he could succeed. I'm still pissed about the return (I have a feeling Columbus' offer was much better), but we could be getting a 1st and I can't really argue with that.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Grade the Jagr Trade.
Jagr for Conditional 2nd + 2 prospects

This trade was a little bit of a head scratcher to me. I feel like GMJN may have passed on better value to make sure Jagr went where he wanted to go. The prospects are underwhelming, especially macdermind. GMJN is probably really banking on Boston winning two rounds but even then it would be a pretty late first.

I give this one a C- because i suspect there was better value available and the prospects feel like filler.

Oh absolutely he did.

I mentioned yesterday how the word on the street was that the Jackets had offered up one of their three firsts - LA's, I think, so the "worst" of the bunch - as part of a deal for Jagr.

Seeing as how just they threw away Moore to the Rangers, I'm wondering now if he was part of the Jagr offer as well.

I can understand Jagr choosing Boston over Columbus, though....even with Gabby they're not going to make a whole lot of noise when/if they make the playoffs this year. Boston, on the other hand, is looking like Pittsburgh's worst nightmare right now.

I'm going to hold off on labelling our return prospects as scraps just yet....MacDermid may prove useful in an enforcer role, and who knows, maybe he'll chip in a few goals a year as well while being a good locker room guy. Anything's possible. Payne's another winger to add to our mix of forwards that'll get called up from time to time, maybe he'll have a good camp and see more regular time, who knows.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Moore + LA's 1st honestly isn't that much better of a return for us.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'll give it a C+. If I learned anything in university it's sometimes you have to be happy with a C+.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not worth voting for me yet until we know the pick.

That said, could not care less about MacDermid. Payne on the other hand is pretty interesting. To me, he sounds so similar to the situation Matej Stransky faced in Saskatoon. He never really had an opportunity because of a deep, deep team. When he finally received an opportunity he stepped up. Now, he's obviously not as offensively talented as Stransky yet, but I think he sounds a pretty impressive role player. Sure that's not what we were hoping for, but that doesn't make him any less interesting for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad