Player Discussion Grade the Canucks' management, coaching and players.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The question is simple. Grade the Canucks management, the Canucks' coaching staff and all of the Canucks' players based on their performance this season. You can also give reasons for your grades if you like. I'm only including guys still with the team and who have played enough games to warrant a grade.

Here's a template to copy and paste:

Management:

Travis Green (Head Coach):

Newell Brown (PP):

Nolan Baumgartner (PK):

Jacob Markstrom:

Thatcher Demko:

Alex Biega:

Alex Edler:

Ben Hutton:

Derrick Pouliot:

Ashton Sautner:

Luke Schenn:

Troy Stecher:

Chris Tanev:

Jay Beagle:

Brock Boeser:

Loui Eriksson:

Adam Gaudette:

Nikolay Goldobin:

Markus Granlund:

Bo Horvat:

Josh Leivo:

Tyler Motte:

Tanner Pearson:

Elias Pettersson:

Antoine Roussel:

Tim Schaller:

Ryan Spooner:

Jake Virtanen:

BONUS QUESTION: Do you think this team was rebuilding, re-tooling or trying to make the playoffs this season?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I like some of our young guys: A. I hate some of our older guys: F. The GM and coach gotta go.

Reactions: pomorick

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The question is simple. Grade the Canucks management, the Canucks' coaching staff and all of the Canucks' players based on their performance this season. You can also give reasons for your grades if you like. I'm only including guys still with the team and who have played enough games to warrant a grade.

Management: GTFO.

Travis Green (Head Coach): If we can get Quenneville, do it ASAP. Back a dump truck full of money up to his front door, I don't care. Otherwise okay with keeping Green for another year or two.

Newell Brown (PP): You can go.

Nolan Baumgartner (PK): Ditto.

Jacob Markstrom: A. Team wins <20 games without him.

Thatcher Demko: B. Showing very well in limited time. A definite keeper.

Alex Biega: B-. Not as high on him as some. Bottom pairing guy at best, but still better than most of the dmen who play ahead of him.

Alex Edler: B. Still the best all-around dman on the team.

Ben Hutton: C+. So much better without Gudbranson tying him down.

Derrick Pouliot: GTFO.

Ashton Sautner: Meh. Okay, but not seeing much potential there.

Luke Schenn: B for what he is. The guy Gudbranson's fans (both of them) think Gudbranson is. Keeps it simple, doesn't get ahead of himself, and actually stands up for the rookie beside him. Would keep for another year or two on a cheap deal if possible.

Troy Stecher: C+. Like Hutton, improved from last year but neither can shoulder the load when Edler and Tanev go down, which they always do.

Chris Tanev: incomplete. You wish he could stay healthy.

Jay Beagle: C-. I realize it's not fair to hate him for his idiotic contract, but I do. Good guy, but obviously another overvalued secondary vet.

Brock Boeser: C. Never really started skating until February; on one hand I hope it was a nagging injury. On the other, that would really piss me off because it meant they kept playing Boeser with a nagging injury. Looking for more from him if he can stay healthy for next season.

Loui Eriksson: GTFO.

Adam Gaudette: C-. Showed okay here and there, but clearly lost a lot of the time. Not sure what the solution is with him.

Nikolay Goldobin: GTFO.

Markus Granlund: GTFO.

Bo Horvat: A. Future captain was one of about 5 players keeping this crap team afloat.

Josh Leivo: C+-ish. Basically a tougher Granlund. Fed tons of icetime at the top of the lineup and still produced like a 3rd liner. Not nearly as high on him as some around here.

Tyler Motte: ...meh. Okay with him as a 4th liner, but he's a dime a dozen player.

Tanner Pearson: Garbage time hero a la Sutter last season. Those expecting him to go back to his LA form are in for a rude awakening. But at least he's not Gudbranson. That's just about the only thing going for him.

Elias Pettersson: A+. Duh. The only thing worth watching many, many nights this season.

Antoine Roussel: B+. A very pleasant surprise this season.

Tim Schaller: GTFO.

Ryan Spooner: GTFO.

Jake Virtanen: C-. Marginal improvement from last year, but still prone to individualistic rambling. Showing little understanding of team play, and you can't help but doubt if he'll ever really "get it". Would've been long gone by now if not for his draft pedigree.

BONUS QUESTION: Do you think this team was rebuilding, re-tooling or trying to make the playoffs this season?

I don't think Benning even knows for sure. They're so passive it's anybody's guess.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Nice thread Clunkster, thanks for doing this. Now i did this based on PRE season expectations. So I rate a guy like Biega with a A, but as a #6/7 an A means a good season but thats not as significant as a #1 Dman who would have an A

Management: C-. Obviously made some good minor trades and some of the draft picks moving along nicely, but a lotta mistakes will bite this team in the future with junk like Eriksson Granlund Poop Schaller Beagle Sutter Etc

Travis Green (Head Coach): C

Newell Brown (PP): F

Nolan Baumgartner (PK): B

Jacob Markstrom: A

Thatcher Demko: A-

Alex Biega: A

Alex Edler: B

Ben Hutton: B

Derrick Pouliot: F

Ashton Sautner: Who

Luke Schenn: A

Troy Stecher: B+

Chris Tanev: Too injured

Jay Beagle: F

Brock Boeser: B

Loui Eriksson: F

Adam Gaudette: C+

Nikolay Goldobin: D

Markus Granlund: D-

Bo Horvat: B+

Josh Leivo: B+

Tyler Motte: C+

Tanner Pearson: C+

Elias Pettersson: A

Antoine Roussel: B+

Tim Schaller: F

Ryan Spooner: Who

Jake Virtanen: D+

BONUS QUESTION: Do you think this team was rebuilding, re-tooling or trying to make the playoffs this season? Should have been rebuilding but i think were retooling

Reactions: Grantham and clunk

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

Management:

Travis Green (Head Coach): I have a really tough time grading him as I'm not close enough to get a good sense of some of the things going on behind the scenes. His team came closer to the playoffs and finished higher in the standings than most of the media would have predicted in the preseason. Otoh it's hard to say whether his methods are getting the most out of certain players or whether that's just who they are.

I'm not among those that would fail him for not playing the kids more and in more responsible situations early in their careers. I'll give him a C+, but feel very uncertain that it is easy to get a handle on grading a coach on a really bad (or really good, for that matter) team.

Nolan Baumgartner (PK): D+

Jacob Markstrom: Very hard to grade. Faced a lot of great scoring chances so his GAA and Sv% don't really reflect his play. I'll give him and A, but was considering slightly lower. It was great to see him play as a legitimate starter and he was one of the team's bright spots.

Thatcher Demko: Incomplete, probably worth B+ in his limited time. Finished the year really strongly, enough to give hope for the future in goal and to have hope that the Canucks will have two solid goalies next season.

Alex Biega: C+. A great job for someone with limited physical attributes. I'd take him as GM over our current managerial staff right now.

Alex Edler: B+. I'm giving him an increase in grade for the high number of minutes he plays. It probably hurts his play to see that much action, but given the state of the Canucks' defence, it still is a net positive for the team.

Ben Hutton: C+. wysiwyg at this stage.

Derrick Pouliot: C-. Most will give him an F. His weaknesses are of the type that people find annoying and have little patience for. Not sure he'll be in the NHL next season, but he could also pull a Yannick Weber and find a home somewhere at the bottom of a team's defence corps.

Ashton Sautner: C-. A decent depth defenceman. Those giving grades relative to expectations rather than level of play will give him higher grades.

Luke Schenn: C. A decent 3rd pair or depth defenceman, playing within his limitations. Exceeded expectations.

Troy Stecher: C+

Chris Tanev: C. Ouch. At his healthiest he is much better than that. Missing 27 games and being up and down in the remaining 55 games reduces his performance grade.

Jay Beagle: C-. wysiwyg. If his contract was considered he'd be much lower.

Brock Boeser: B+. Was poorer than his statistics earlier in the season. Would give him A for the late season.

Loui Eriksson: C-. If his contract was taken into consideration this would be an F. He still produces a little offence while playing a defensive role and on good nights plays a role well. On other nights he neither helps offensively nor appears diligent defensively.

Obviously even on his good nights he'd get an F relative to his contract.

Adam Gaudette: D+ . I wanted him to develop in the AHL this season, still think it was terrible mismanagement to play him much in Vancouver and in general he wasn't very good. I hope he's good enough to be effective next season despite his "development."

Nikolay Goldobin: C. I think he was more effective (at least early in the season) than most give him credit for. Probably won't be back with the Canucks, his gaffes being too annoying for the coaching staff or fans to continue to tolerate.

Markus Granlund: C. I'm not nearly as down on him as many are.

Bo Horvat: A. For a time this season he hoisted the team on his back and carried them, so I'll give him a pass on going through a period in the late-middle part of the season when he seemed to have a lower energy level.

Josh Leivo: C+. I don't have a good feel for Leivo as a player yet so am really not that comfortable giving him a grade.

Tyler Motte: C-. A for effort and he played in a defensive role so I'm really not at all confident that this grade is fair to him.

Tanner Pearson: B. This maybe should have been an incomplete. I don't for a minute think he'll be able to continue at the level of production or overall level of play that he showed with the Canucks this season, but his effectiveness in his very limited time with the Canucks warrants this high grade.

Elias Pettersson: A. I'd give A+ for the early to middle season, but C+ during the late season swoon.

Antoine Roussel: B. I still think it was a terrible signing, but for the first of four seasons the Canucks got full value from Roussel.

Tim Schaller: D. Only the difficulty of his role keeps me from giving an F.

Ryan Spooner: D-. Heavily protected, not trusted to start very much in the defensive one.

Jake Virtanen: C.

I don't think your three choices are mutually exclusive. A retooling team can be trying to make the playoffs. The 2014-15 Canucks are a good example-they brought in Ryan Miller, Radim Vrbata, Derek Dorsett, Linden Vey, Nick Bonino, Luca Sbisa, Sven Baertschi, Adam Clendening and Brandon MacMillan and promoted Bo Horvat and Ronalds Kenins. They tried to and did make the playoffs. The trades for Vey, Dorsett, Baertschi and Clendening gave up picks or younger assets for an attempt at immediate help, so their moves weren't consistent with a rebuild. They said they were retooling and with that number of moves but not specifically targetting the future, calling it a retool was fair.

I think the Canucks were, as usual, retooling this year.

The only difference this season is that imo not even Canucks' management expected them to make the playoffs this season. In past seasons they were trying and expecting to make the playoffs.

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Travis Green (Head Coach): B

Newell Brown (PP): B

Nolan Baumgartner (PK): C+

Jacob Markstrom: B+) Proved he is a legit starter this year

Thatcher Demko: B ) shows flashes of why he is considered the goalie of the future after being sidelined for a while.

Alex Biega: C ) should not be in the top 6 of a playoff team.

Alex Edler: A) Canucks best D man defensively and offensively

Ben Hutton: C+ ) a bounce back year but should be traded.

Derrick Pouliot: D) Travis Green has no confidence in Pouliot and neither do I.

Ashton Sautner: C) decent 7-8th d man.

Luke Schenn: C) decent 7-8th d man provides some physicality and grit.

Troy Stecher: B+) showed he is a top 4 d man this year.

Chris Tanev: B ) A solid D man but was more injury prone than ever this season.

Jay Beagle: C) $3,000,000 for 13 points say no more... a good pker but unlikely to improve his season next year. And hes 33

Brock Boeser: A-) Despite his back injury and slow start to the season Boeser regained his form from last season.

Loui Eriksson: D-) Terrible contract floats too often.

Adam Gaudette: C )Still adjusting to the pro game should of been left in AHL to develop imo.

Nikolay Goldobin: C )Top 6 or bust player, not producing well enough offensively to be a top 6... so...

Markus Granlund: B) IMO a good versatile bottom 6 player who can play both PP and PK roles.

Bo Horvat: A )Green relied heavily on Horvat for FOs. Horvat still produced well offensively even with weaker line mates. good 2c or 1c on a weaker team

Josh Leivo: B ) 2nd-3rd line winger

Tyler Motte: B) good bottom 6 role player

Tanner Pearson: B+) Top 6 winger

Elias Pettersson: A+ )Franchise level talent enough said. European skill and American heart.

Antoine Roussel: B )decent 2nd-3rd pesky winger.

Tim Schaller: D )was brought in as a bottom 6er with grit. Saw no grit or physicality

Ryan Spooner: D ) worse than Gagner

Jake Virtanen: C ) Showed improvement this season but most likely a bottom 6 winger.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Management:

Jim Benning (GM): F

Newell Brown (PP): D

Nolan Baumgartner (PK): C

Jacob Markstrom: A-

Thatcher Demko: A

Alex Biega: B

Alex Edler: A

Ben Hutton: C+

Ashton Sautner: C

Luke Schenn: B-

Troy Stecher: A-

Chris Tanev: C

Jay Beagle: C-

Brock Boeser: B+

Adam Gaudette: C

Nikolay Goldobin: C

Markus Granlund: D

Bo Horvat: B+

Josh Leivo: B

Tyler Motte: C

Tanner Pearson: B-

Elias Pettersson: A

Ryan Spooner: F

Jake Virtanen: C+

I would say the team didn't really have a direction this year. Partial retool/attempt to make the playoffs with the signings of Beagle and Roussel, but they didn't spend to the cap so it's tough to argue they were pushing for the playoffs this year. It certainly wasn't a rebuilding year. Seems like they were just stagnant and content to waste the year.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
I'm ranking the players based on pre season expectations.

Management: C+

Travis Green (Head Coach): C+

Jacob Markstrom: A+
improved a lot after December hopefully he keeps it up next year

Thatcher Demko: A
He looked pretty good in every game he played except the Arizona game, I didn't think he would see the jump from the ahl to NHL this season

Alex Biega: B+
Good 6/7th defenseman still don't get why he was scratched over Gudbranson

Alex Edler: B

Ben Hutton: B+
he improved a lot since last season

Ashton Sautner: C+

Luke Schenn: A

Troy Stecher:A-

Chris Tanev: C+

Jay Beagle: C
Decent fourth line centre still overpaid though

Started season off slow picked it up eventually

Adam Gaudette: C+

Nikolay Goldobin:C

Markus Granlund:C-

Bo Horvat:A

Josh Leivo:B-

Tyler Motte:C

Tanner Pearson:B+
9 goals in 19 games pretty good hopefully he just isn't another garbage time hero and can return to 40-45 point form with Horvat

Elias Pettersson: A+

Didn't expect much from him when we signed him but I like him a lot

Tim Schaller:F

Ryan Spooner:F

Jake Virtanen:B-
Expected more although I'm happy with the improvement from last season

Trying to make playoffs. Why else would you offer Roussel, Beagle, and Schaller to multi year deals?

Reactions: Grantham

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The question is simple. Grade the Canucks management, the Canucks' coaching staff and all of the Canucks' players based on their performance this season.

are we grading against expectations or against each other or against contract/role?

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
Done alphabetically.

Sven Baertschi - I
A tour de force performance in demonstrating the futility of aspiring to physical fitness in the face of our inexorable march towards the grave.

Jay Beagle - C-
Easily makes my top-10 list of favorite beagles, after Snoopy and a bagel that I misspelled.

Alex Biega - C+
Basically the Hulk if the Hulk had no superpowers.

Brock Boeser - B
Your mom's favorite player.

Thatcher Demko - I
Showing an impressive determination to get all his injuries out of the way early in his career, so that he'll never get injured again in future.

Loui Eriksson - D
Better than Milan Lucic, so...there's that.

Adam Gaudette - C-
The name "Gaudette" comes from the Normandy region of northern France and is derived from the Norman-French given name "Gaudi," which means ruler.

Nikolay Goldobin - D
Utterly destroyed Pettersson in the coveted "best Audi commercial" competition.

Markus Granlund - D
Granlund, or "Granny" as he likes to be called, has proven to be a useful jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none sort of player. The coaching staff can play him up and down the lineup, from fourth to first line, second unit power play, and even the penalty kill, all without him having any meaningfully positive effect on the outcome of games.

Bo Horvat - B+
Broke a team record by taking seven thousand face-offs.

Josh Leivo - C
Take it or leave it, but Leivo's shown flashes of great skill amidst the vast, desolate sea that is his utterly forgettable play.

Tanner Pearson - C+
Based on his present pace, he'll score about 40 goals next year. Now, he's coming off injury, so let's bump that up to 50.

Elias Pettersson - A++
Probably the greatest raw talent who has ever lived.

Derrick Pouliot - D
Honestly, expectations were so low that at this point I'm mostly just annoyed that he spells his name this way.

Antoine Roussel - C+
One of Benning's best free agent signings, he has seamlessly filled in the recently vacated position in Vancouver for an ornery Frenchman winger.

Ryan Spooner - I
Surely, this time.

Troy Stecher - C+
Like Hutton, Stecher has taken incredible strides in his game this year. They're just smaller, because he's so small.

Brandon Sutter - I
Sutter? I hardly knew 'er.

Chris Tanev - C
A disappointing season from Tanev, lesser-known brother of Winnipeg Jets sniper Brandon Tanev. While multiple injuries have derailed his campaign, even when he was healthy he did not look good on a pairing with Erik Gudbranson.

Jake Virtanen - C
To describe his game as "uneven" this season is an insult to non-level surfaces everywhere.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Management: F

Newell Brown (PP): D

Jacob Markstrom: A+

Thatcher Demko: B

Alex Biega: C+

Alex Edler: A

Ben Hutton: B

Ashton Sautner: C+

Luke Schenn: B-

Troy Stecher: A

Chris Tanev: C

Jay Beagle: F

Brock Boeser: A-

Adam Gaudette: B

Nikolay Goldobin: B-

Markus Granlund: C

Bo Horvat: A

Tyler Motte: C+

Tanner Pearson: B

Tim Schaller: D

Ryan Spooner: D

Trying to make playoffs.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Done alphabetically.

Sven Baertschi - I
A tour de force performance in demonstrating the futility of aspiring to physical fitness in the face of our inexorable march towards the grave.

Jay Beagle - C-
Easily makes my top-10 list of favorite beagles, after Snoopy and a bagel that I misspelled.

Alex Biega - C+
Basically the Hulk if the Hulk had no superpowers.

Brock Boeser - B
Your mom's favorite player.

Thatcher Demko - I
Showing an impressive determination to get all his injuries out of the way early in his career, so that he'll never get injured again in future.

Loui Eriksson - D
Better than Milan Lucic, so...there's that.

Adam Gaudette - C-
The name "Gaudette" comes from the Normandy region of northern France and is derived from the Norman-French given name "Gaudi," which means ruler.

Nikolay Goldobin - D
Utterly destroyed Pettersson in the coveted "best Audi commercial" competition.

Markus Granlund - D
Granlund, or "Granny" as he likes to be called, has proven to be a useful jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none sort of player. The coaching staff can play him up and down the lineup, from fourth to first line, second unit power play, and even the penalty kill, all without him having any meaningfully positive effect on the outcome of games.

Bo Horvat - B+
Broke a team record by taking seven thousand face-offs.

Josh Leivo - C
Take it or leave it, but Leivo's shown flashes of great skill amidst the vast, desolate sea that is his utterly forgettable play.

Tanner Pearson - C+
Based on his present pace, he'll score about 40 goals next year. Now, he's coming off injury, so let's bump that up to 50.

Elias Pettersson - A++
Probably the greatest raw talent who has ever lived.

Derrick Pouliot - D
Honestly, expectations were so low that at this point I'm mostly just annoyed that he spells his name this way.

Antoine Roussel - C+
One of Benning's best free agent signings, he has seamlessly filled in the recently vacated position in Vancouver for an ornery Frenchman winger.

Ryan Spooner - I
Surely, this time.

Troy Stecher - C+
Like Hutton, Stecher has taken incredible strides in his game this year. They're just smaller, because he's so small.

Brandon Sutter - I
Sutter? I hardly knew 'er.

Chris Tanev - C
A disappointing season from Tanev, lesser-known brother of Winnipeg Jets sniper Brandon Tanev. While multiple injuries have derailed his campaign, even when he was healthy he did not look good on a pairing with Erik Gudbranson.

Jake Virtanen - C
To describe his game as "uneven" this season is an insult to non-level surfaces everywhere.

I think I love you.

Reactions: Results

pullyoursocksup

Jun 30, 2009
Travis Green (Head Coach): C+

Newell Brown (PP): C+

Nolan Baumgartner (PK): B-

Jacob Markstrom: A-

Thatcher Demko: B+

Alex Edler: A-

Ben Hutton: B+

Derrick Pouliot: C

Ashton Sautner: B

Luke Schenn: A-

Brock Boeser: B+

Loui Eriksson: C+

Adam Gaudette: B+

Nikolay Goldobin: B-

Markus Granlund: C+

Bo Horvat: A-

Tyler Motte: B-

Tanner Pearson: A+

Antoine Roussel: A-

Tim Schaller: C

Ryan Spooner: C

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
A - excellent
B - very good
C - acceptable
D - not acceptable
F - anyway we can get rid of them is good enough
I - more data needed

Management: D-.
It has been better but not acceptable. It still needs to be flushed.

Newell Brown (PP): F. All pp improvement seems to stem from individual players efforts not from a system or from set plays.

Thatcher Demko: I - B-. I need to see him in more games.

Alex Biega: C
Alex Edler: B+
Ben Hutton: C+
Luke Schenn: A+ versus expectations, C+ for actual impact.
Troy Stecher: B

Jay Beagle: C+. I don't get the hate for him.
Loui Eriksson: D
Adam Gaudette: B-
Nikolay Goldobin: C
Markus Granlund: D
Josh Leivo: C+
Tanner Pearson: B+
Ryan Spooner: I - C

Playoffs. They're always trying to make the playoffs. They shouldn't, but they do.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Management:
B..............Benning did good job. Drafted well, Trade corrections better Re: Pearson and Leivo

Travis Green (Head Coach):
C+...……….Had the team focused, needs to be more hands on with the PP

Newell Brown (PP):
D.........…...Terrible PP

Nolan Baumgartner (PK):
C...………….It's all right

Jacob Markstrom:
A++...……….Pretty much destroyed my "Tank"

Thatcher Demko:
A...………….Rookie,Save percentages were great, almost fantastic minus 2 games

Alex Biega:
A...………….For heart and determination for 7/8 player...…...I am going to miss him

Alex Edler:
B...…………..Would have been a B+ if healthier. Best #3 in the league

Ben Hutton:
C+...………...Played way over his head, probably deserves a B because of it

Derrick Pouliot:
F...…………...I do not expect him back...….better not be!

Ashton Sautner:
C...…………...Plays to his ability...…..solid 6/7

Luke Schenn:
C+...………….Solid player for $800,000

Troy Stecher:
B...…………….Little guys that for solid play, heart and determination

Chris Tanev:
C...……………..Average 3/4.....gotta stop blocking shots, so he can return to a B- 3/4

Jay Beagle:
B...…………….11th OA in F/O percentage in the NHL, -8 playing against higher level competition

Brock Boeser:
B...…………….Over all play as decent, 1st line on most teams

Loui Eriksson:
C-...……………He isn't bad, he just isn't good...…..for 6 Million, that is bad!

Adam Gaudette:
C...…………….Rookie......….He had his moments, great instincts, jury is still out. We shall see

Nikolay Goldobin:
D...…………….God gave him talent, but he must be Russian, because he has no Finnish! All Jet!

Markus Granlund:
C...……………..He is a Swiss Army knife, and does what he is asked. Very solid 3/4 liner

Bo Horvat:
B++…………...Does everything well, except hit, if he hit, he would be a A++

Josh Leivo:
C+...…………...Honest hockey player, has played well since arriving....maybe above his pay grade

Tyler Motte:
C...……………..Hard to get too excited over

Tanner Pearson:
B...……………...He gets a B for production, playing at his ceiling

Elias Pettersson:
AAA...………….But the batteries ran dry, if he is what he appears to be, he will make those adjustments

Antoine Roussel:
C++……………...Great team guy! Pretty small for a policeman, but he does it! Always an honest effort

Tim Schaller:
Incomplete...….great last 2 games of the season...…….is that his MO?

Ryan Spooner:
C/D...…………….wasn't impressed. What is he?

Jake Virtanen:
C...………………...He improved this year! He has the potential......ceiling? B if he skates and hits every shift!

Quinn Hughes:
AA...……………….Small sample size, but stepped onto the ice a star...…..incredible 3 on 3 presence

BONUS QUESTION: Do you think this team was rebuilding, re-tooling or trying to make the playoffs this season?[/QUOTE]

Well, if it wasn't for the injuries, they would have been pretty close, for a rebuilding team!

Last edited:

PredsForPresidents

Dec 31, 2014
British Columbia
Management: D-
At least its not Dorion or Chiarelli

Travis Green (Head Coach): B-

Zero adaptability.

Nolan Baumgartner (PK): B

Thatcher Demko: B+

Alex Edler: B+

Ben Hutton:B+

Luke Schenn: B

Chris Tanev: B-
Too injured

Run of the mill 4th liner for too much

Brock Boeser: A-

Still waiting to see that improved skating that we heard about in camp.

Adam Gaudette: B

Nikolay Goldobin: C+

Markus Granlund: C-

Josh Leivo: C+

Tanner Pearson: B

Ryan Spooner: C-

Jake Virtanen: B

Quinn Hughes: A+

Bonus Question: They were trying to be a "wait and see team". Treading water and not moving strongly in any direction.

Freakshow

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island
The management and coaching staff as a whole gets an "F"....the team has been mismanaged for five years now. They're getting better despite them from picking high five of six years in the top ten. #5 #5 #6 #7 and this years pick. Of course they're getting better from that but that's no great accomplishment considering they were trying to be competitive since Benning arrived here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad